Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Limit on Williamstown Road

• 30-12-2008 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Does anyone know the speed limit on The Williamstown road near mountpleasant/The Paddocks? I Have noticed a squad car there recently and also lack of sign posts for the speedlimit!

Anyone any idea's.................Im guessing 50Kph???????????:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Play it safe and stick to 50 kph.

The cops have been prowling that road for the past couple of months so watch out.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis 50 km/h which feels too slow at times but with so many exits tis correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭whos who

Thanks for the replies!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Street lighting and a pavement should indicate that the limit is 50km/h.

My favourite bit of engineering is where the pavement disappears at .. wait for it... right outside the entrance to the school! Another gold star to our public servants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Ballygunner junction needs a complete re-engineering job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

The Ballygunner school junction is being completely re-engineered.
    The Council bought out the farm by compulsory purchase. The junction is going to be made into a proper crossroads with traffic signals. Site clearance on the farm started recently. Work is due to start on the junction in the next couple of months I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I'm surprised they didnt build a roundabout there and put the school in the middle??? :rolleyes: :p

Anyway, yeah it badly needs it, the stretch of road from the new ring road right up to the school does look well I have to say, makes a nice change to have a decent road, nice wide footpath and street lighting, a big upgrade from the cow track that used to be there.. lets hope they finish it off properly and make it safe for the kids coming out of school!!

Advertisement