Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corset Piercing?

Options
  • 30-12-2008 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what are peoples opinions on it?
    I would love to get it done but know very little about it.
    Any of the ladies here ever had it done?

This is really nice...

wtf.jpg

But I prob go for something shorter if I got it done...

2701951312_f20e762a6f.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

dont know much about them , but they dont last very long as they are prone to rejection as it is only a surface piercing.. only very few last :)
    but they are purty!

*awaits the knowlegeable people to answer!:P*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I think it can look amazing, but then again when you see it, its normally heavily airbrushed, so no redness, 2nd photos seems to be a good image of what you'd most likely end up with.

An expensive temporary and impractical piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Ugh I wouldn't like that tbh, if my body did reject them all I don't think I'd be too happy about that many scars going down my back! :eek:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I always thought they were more of a 'show' piercing, like you'd usually get it for an event or at an expo and then it's taken out. The only time I've ever seen one done was at an expo and the girl who had it done only kept it in a few days (and it was only cos the expo was running over the weekend). I'd imagine it'd be a nightmare to heal up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

they're just a show piercing yes, a type of play piercing but more commonly used for photo shoots

they're ust kept in for the shoot then removed right after, they have no long term potential on 99% of the population as they will migrate and reject

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

thanks for that, i kinda guessed all that but still think they are so cool!
    I'll have to volunteer sometime! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jemmy wrote: »
    thanks for that, i kinda guessed all that but still think they are so cool!
    I'll have to volunteer sometime! :)
    My friend had one done before, but like what was said before, they are a very temporary piercing, and are usually only kept in for a short while.
    They tend to be taken out again before they start to migrate or reject, and that way don't cause scarring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My friend had two done before... one on her back and one on her wrist. I only actually saw the wrist one. Really cool, but they are just for show.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

Really cool, but they are just for show.

where most other piercings are for practical reasons (sorry couldn't resist)

yeh they look cool but as said already not an every day thing, could you imagine and this is for the females, putting ur bra on and the hook getting caught in one of the BCR's ouchhhhhhhhhh

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Lilliput69 wrote: »
    could you imagine and this is for the females, putting ur bra on and the hook getting caught in one of the BCR's ouchhhhhhhhhh

Oh dear gods, I actually feel a bit sick having pictured that! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

surely, at this stage, *someone* has invented some sort of transdermal/surgical application of piercing with loop instead of a stud, to loop ribbon through. i would pay anything if it had a halfchance of staying in on a permanant basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

People have given it a go with transdermals, microdermals, and surface piercings. The problem is that the odds of healing every single one of them in your back is very slim, especially when you factor in lying down, sitting against your back (think driving), bras and tight clothes...

ok, so it's been tried... if i was to say, request it on my leg..... kinda the outside of the bottom half?

slim to none, i'd guess... but i have a far less-good understanding on this than many here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Only one way to find out :D

damn you temptress!

Advertisement