Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Q: Which one would you sell ???

• 30-12-2008 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All

Just before christmas I got the two rings of death on my xbox, and promptly posted it off to xbox in germany.

In the meantime I bought another one to tie me over the christmas.

Now Ive my old xbox back all fixed with new motherboard, fans and dvd drive.

Which one would you sell off ???

Manufacturing date of the old system is 11/07
    new system is 10/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Based on my experience, I'd sell the newer one.

I got RROD last year, sent my 360 off and it's been rock solid since. And quieter too.

And you'll get more money for your newer box with receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Have the new fans affected the noise level of the 360??

The noise level would certainly be a deciding factor plus with the new motherboard you know it was dealt with, i.e. repaird by hand, and not an assembly-line robot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Depends if one of them uses the jasper chipset. Google it, check them and keep the one using jasper. Failing that I'd keep them both, since one or both will eventually die! :)

Well, if it was me, and I could afford to keep both, I would! :D

a.) For contingency, in case one of them breaks.

b.) So I can hook one up to the TV in the bedroom (though the wife probably wouldn't be to impressed with that, so not sure I could get away with it...! :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I would softmod one of them just for the fun of doing it. If i didnt ruin it i would sell other one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

seanybiker wrote: »
    I would softmod one of them just for the fun of doing it. If i didnt ruin it i would sell other one

I'd give that a shot too.

I got another newer version when mine RROD'd and kept it for myself, sold the other one to my brother.

When he's playing a game sometimes it won't read the disk and this happens on brand new games too even though they said they put a new DVD drive in it.

If you had to get rid of one sell the old one.

Old one might not have HDMI but the new one definitely will.

Advertisement