Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband In Buncrana (Donegal)

Options
  • 30-12-2008 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Yo, wondering if anyone might be able to help me with this problem,

Up until around 2 - 3 months ago my broadband has been fine (its a 2 meg line), i share the connection with my brother and are both into playing games, which was never a problem. All of a sudden my line speed dramically drops every night between 6pm and 1am, its getting so bad it took me 45 minutes to stream a 60 second video on youtube. As for playing games, well its just a waste of time, we both play counter strike and our ping usually (when the line is fine) is around 30, but between 6pm and 1am it goes up to 700.

Both myself and my brother have been in contact with Eircom about the problem, as usual each phone call is like "are you sure your computer is connected to the line?" type of questions, on more than 3 occasions they have told us "We will send a technician to you within 5 working days", which has never happened, and when we rang back we got the same dribble, which is we will send someone out to you!

Ive tried looking into other isp's, but unfortunately our line does'nt exist yet the next door neighbours does. So i'm left with no alternative :/

When i do a tracert i seem to be hoping to Sligo and onto either Galway or Dublin, There is an exchange in buncrana and letterkenny. Would the bad connection be a result of my line being connected to an exchange so far away?

Any ideas on what i can do? Maybe send a letterbomb to eircom to get some results? :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Having similar problems as yourself..

You should post some tracerts to the destination server and post them here to determine if its a problem in your local exchange, or if its a problem on one of eircoms router, my problem is the latter and it doesnt look like its going to be fixed any time soon,
    been like this for 2 months now

same here my broadband does be really slow / bad pings ect. if i want full speed or good ping i have to play at like 2 or 3 am what kinda crappy service is this.. :mad::mad:im in sligo btw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Same here. Eircom really need to get off their asses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SteeveSmith

ha exact same town im from and they told me they have had no other complaints from my area....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Lodge an official complaint with them. A letter only takes a few minutes to outline the problem and ask what the problem is and why it only happens in the evenings.

The more people, the more likely they'll do something about it soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement