Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can anyone tell me how to CLOSE my cdwow acount?

Options
  • 30-12-2008 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

I'd rather like to cease to be a member. I've un-ticked the box for correspondence, but haven't a clue how to stop being a member. I would rather not have to contact their customer service about it cause they wouldn't be happy! I've searched their Irish site over but can find nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just don't use it ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hi,

I'm not sure if it was CDWow or play.com but I remember trying to close my account and was told by customer service that it's simply impossible to do. So, instead, I just changed all of my details to non-sensical stuff and also changed my email address, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ok, i suppose i'll do that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

It always puzzles and annoys me that when you want to make a one off purchase from an on line store, you have to set up an account and fill out reels of information ( maybe this is the reason !! :rolleyes: ). Why can you not just pay with your credit card if the site is secure :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

CDWOW's customer service are apalling. I had a few problems with my account details and they did absolutely nothing to help me.

So I stopped using the account and vowed not to use it again. However, they kept sending me e-mails about offers and stuff so I sent an angry e-mail to them to tell them to stop sending me e-mails.

Haven't heard from them since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yeah, i turned off to receive contact from them (but those special offer emails are still coming through) and i changed my home address/phone no.

i've twice tried to buy from them in the past and was not at all happy with their service (long waiting times - one month for one item and a week delay on shipping for the other so i just cancelled it). bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I buy a lot of cd's on ebay with no problems, competitive prices, and fairly fast delivery times. Maybe you could try in in the future. :)

Advertisement