Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cutting files on adobe reader?

Options
  • 30-12-2008 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

i have a file that is 4 pages long and need to cut it in to 4 seperate parts, there is no option accessable in the menu as it is disabled by author, is there another way of the top of your head that i could do this manually at all?like with differant software?
    (its an adobe acrabot document by the way)

any info is appreciated in advance.

Cheers

Ger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

hey guys,

i have a file that is 4 pages long and need to cut it in to 4 seperate parts, there is no option accessable in the menu as it is disabled by author, is there another way of the top of your head that i could do this manually at all?like with differant software?
    (its an adobe acrabot document by the way)

any info is appreciated in advance.

Cheers

Ger

Install:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

File > Print > select 'this page' & print to file

Use the pdfcreator printer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Cantab. wrote: »
    Install:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

File > Print > select 'this page' & print to file

Use the pdfcreator printer

hey cantab,

thanks for the info on that, i am still having a problem with that software and the directions on how to seperate the files into seperate page documents with the steps you provided.
    when i open the software it does not give me an option to click on 'file', i tried to open the adobe file with said software and won't open that way also(it allows me to attach it when software is open first), i can't find an option on the software to actually seperate the 4 page file i have in to seperate page segemants.

any light shedded on this would be appreciated.

cheers again

hey cantab,

thanks for the info on that, i am still having a problem with that software and the directions on how to seperate the files into seperate page documents with the steps you provided.
    when i open the software it does not give me an option to click on 'file', i tried to open the adobe file with said software and won't open that way also(it allows me to attach it when software is open first), i can't find an option on the software to actually seperate the 4 page file i have in to seperate page segemants.

any light shedded on this would be appreciated.

cheers again

You should have a new printer called 'pdfcreator'.

Open Acrobat Reader. Click File > Print

Choose the 'pdfcreator' printer.

Print 'this page'.

Bob's your uncle.

did that and its comin up when i try and open the newly made file that i have printd to a folder, that it is 'damaged' or 'not a supported file type' which is strange indeed:(

did that and its comin up when i try and open the newly made file that i have printd to a folder, that it is 'damaged' or 'not a supported file type' which is strange indeed:(

*shrugs*

• Advertisement

got it sorted mate cheers, thanks for taking the time out to post.

ger

Advertisement