Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 09 V Pro Evo 2009 on PC?

Options
  • 30-12-2008 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody here played both on the pc? What are they like? And which one would you choose?
    I have always been a massive pro evo fan but havent played it much in the last year or so. Played both over the last few days on the xbox 360 and liked both. Is there much difference in the pc versions to the xbox versions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PES wins it for me, become a legend mode is far better than be a pro.

Have both and in fairness neither are brilliant must have games but given a choice i would choose PES simply for BAL which itself is flawed.

Fifa is getting better and PES is revcovering from some **** versions both would be 6.5/10 from me but BAL is worth the purchase for PES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Excuse my stupid question.....but what is BAL!?
    What is the online play with both games like?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I have played both on PC and both on Consoles. I like both games on the xbox but on PC, I didnt like Fifa. It is actually developed by a different team to the console version so feels like a different game. So I would go for Pro Evo.

However, in regards to online play - I never tried Fifa online on the PC. I did try Pro Evo and it is really poor. Feels like an after thought. The menus are terrible and im getting plenty of lag unfortunately.

I would rank them like this.

1. Pro Evo (console)
    2. Fifa 09 (console)
    3. Pro Evo (PC)
    4. Fifa (PC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

got both and was a big pes fan after having them on the 360 the last few but went pc this year and fifa wins it for me.

Have yet to try 2 player which will be the clincher but so far fifa is the better.

Not interested in online play myself for soccer games.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I have only played the demo of PES 2009 on PC but I will pick it up later.
    I also played the PC demo of Fifa 09 and have the PS3 version.

Fifa 09 on the PS3 is a great game and on the Xbox 360 its pretty much the same game. However the PC version does not have the same modes as the console version (it does not have the be a pro mode but some tournament mode instead) and its graphics are not up to par with PS3/Xbox 360 version even if it does have higher resolutions. The biggest looking difference is the stadiums. It does use the same player models as the console versions though. They seem to play different too. Can't really comment on it too much as I have not spent much time on the PC demo. Hopefully next year Fifa on the PC will get the same attention as its console counterparts but at least this year its a step up from usually getting ported from the PS2.

As for PES , I think Fifa 09 on the consoles has an edge. If you still want to pick it up get the PC version, its better than the console versions. There is no difference in gameplay or gameplay modes, but you get higher resolutions, unoffical updates and the ability to mix and match joypads.

• Advertisement

I will mainly playing online with it i'd say, so which one is better for online play?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I personally have not tried either online but from what I have heard Fifa has better netcode so lag and connections problems are not too common. Last year PES was a disaster online with lag and connection issues but I heard this year is somewhat better.

Azza wrote: »
    I personally have not tried either online but from what I have heard Fifa has better netcode so lag and connections problems are not too common. Last year PES was a disaster online with lag and connection issues but I heard this year is somewhat better.

Thanks! Anybody else got any experience of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Bryn wrote: »
    Thanks! Anybody else got any experience of it?

Pro Evo is terrible online on the PC. Really hard to get a game going and I havent played one without lag yet. I have never played FIFA 09 on the Pc online, but as I already said, its terrible on the pc offline. Dif developer to the console version.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I was disappointed with Fifa 09 on the PC too (after Euro 2008 on PS3 swayed my long-standing allegiance from PES). I later found out that the AI on Fifa for the PC was dumbed down to accommodate low-spec PCs. The Xbox360 and PS3 versions make use of multiple core CPUs while the PC version assumes there to be only one core - hence the dumbed down feeling of the game.

Knowing this, I couldn't play the PC version anymore with the nagging feeling that it wasn't the "full" game, so I've since got the PS3 version - and that would be my recommendation. If you want to stick with PC, I'd go with PES - at least you'll be getting the full game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement