Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Camera

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

100fd came out well in the DPReview Premium compact test, a camera thats left at home because its not comfortable is not really much use, so i would say go for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The Fuji S-8000 is a very good Bridge Camera. The extra bulk is because it has a much better lens than the F-100, which is a Compact Camera.

If you want better quality images, then stick with what you have. If the main consideration is size then swap it for a compact.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

Thanks for the help guys. Another quick question even tho the s8000fd is only an 8.0 megpixel will it still give better quality pictures due to its lens than the 100 as thats a 12 megapixel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Pixel resolution is not the most important factor in photo quality. Sensor size, lens, available settings and options contribute far more and I believe that an average bridge camera has them all designed better than an average compact camera - I have no experience with Fuji though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

Thanks for the help guys. Another quick question even tho the s8000fd is only an 8.0 megpixel will it still give better quality pictures due to its lens than the 100 as thats a 12 megapixel

Loads of folks here are shooting with 6MP DSLRs, I wouldnt worry about the difference between 8 and 10.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Generally anything over 6Mp in a compact is just a bigger number so the guys behind the sales desk can impress the punters. Then the lads who know SFA can play the "mine is bigger than yours" game.

I would expect the 8Mp S-8000 to give better quality images then the 12Mp F-100

The Fuji Bridge Cameras are really good to learn about Photography. You can start fully Auto & move into Manual modes as you learn.

If you think you may want to learn more & improve your Photography then the S-8000 is the way to go. If you want a good enough compact camera that you can put in your pocket then the F-100 is for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Loads of folks here are shooting with 6MP DSLRs, I wouldnt worry about the difference between 8 and 10.

in addition its not 25% more as you might think due to the way its calculated. Also unless you blow photos up above A3 you aint gonna notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

Thanks for the help guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

fuji make the best bridge camera in my opinion. I loved thd s6500 - great camera

Advertisement