Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microdermal V surface , chest piercing

• 31-12-2008 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭

So have toyed around with the idea , for a while now have always loved the piercing and have decieded to bite the bullet and get it done the next time im up in Dublin

just wondering what ye guys views are on what type to get, microdermal or surface, leaning towards the microdermals but just want other peoples views on it

woot for new piercings ! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well i'm compleatly useless, cause i know little about this area of piering, but...

It looks bleed class.
    DO IT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I am getting it , just wanted to make sure i make the right choice in what kind mirco or surface !:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well, it really depends on how many pieces of metal ya want on show.

The microdermal will look like a single stud and the surface piercing, goes in, under the skin and back out, so there'll be two pieces of metal on show.
    I think the surface piercing will have more of a chance of rejecting too, but i have no idea tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Wouldn't go for the micro dermal for that particular area.

I know a few people who have had microdermals on their chest and they've all gone really scaldy and rejected quickly. They just don't seem to work there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Léan wrote: »
    Wouldn't go for the micro dermal for that particular area.

I know a few people who have had microdermals on their chest and they've all gone really scaldy and rejected quickly. They just don't seem to work there.

Yup, my friend had awful bother with both of hers.

They left quite a visible mark too!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

yey Emo \o/

I've had my sternum pierced twice. To be honest, it'll depend more on placement than what jewellery is used. The first time it was pierced very low down, and too shallow. The second time, it lasted longer as it was higher up, deeper and the bar was slightly longer. But, in the long run, my bewbs kept squishing the piercing and generally getting in the way, especially as I sleep on my side, and they never settled so they rejected. It was suggested that the only way that it may possibly work was if I got pierced up towards my neck away from boobage. I now have four teeny circular scars there now :cool: I really don't think micordermals would have made a difference with me. Of course it would have allowed for more movement, but it still would have gotten squished.

They are an awesomely pretty piercing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

never heard of anyone getting there pierced. Sounds class. Any pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

seanybiker wrote: »
    never heard of anyone getting there pierced. Sounds class. Any pics?

BEWBS

030505u.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

my ex had it done with the scaffole bar...bra's used to wreck her head!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

nice choice Emo!! :cool: Your best bet is to go into Snakebite and let Steve or Rob take a look. Was in yesterday with someone else and had a rake of questions about new piercings I want :rolleyes: and it seems what suits varies from person to person, so best let them take a look and see what will suit you best I'd say ;)

I would <3 a couple of microdermals on my collar bone, but first on the list before that:

Finish stretching lobes
    labret (standard as inverse wouldnt suit my anatomy apparently)
    inverse navel
    left tragus
    partridge
    pear tree :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I had two surface bars on my sternum at the same time in a 'V' shape, looked class but like Jen it was done too low down and because of the large amount of movement in the area they never fully healed. I'd think I was finally there and then a few days later they would be red and angry again. Left a nice scar though :)

I had mine done by Seanie who used to work in Snakebite at the Leopardstown convention a few years back, I got about 8-9 months out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

update!:) got the microdermals today in snakebite .. they rawk, pics to follow erm sometime!:P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Awesome!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ozrallychic

i had 2 surface piercings done, vertically one above the other in my cleavage (4 balls). i had NO problems with them ever. the only reason i ended up taking them out was because i had surgery.

they actually look very nice - i had mine kind of low so if i wore a v-neck or something you could see maybe 2, so it always added a little intrigue as to what else was down there...but i never had any complaints!

the worst part of it was just the initial clamping...not too much to grab onto down there...good luck if you do it!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

emo!! wrote: »
    update!:) got the microdermals today in snakebite .. they rawk, pics to follow erm sometime!:P

What happened to Snakebites whole "micro-dermals don't work" stance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Advancement in the procedure i'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

The procedure hasn't really changed from the original one and the improved jewelery been on the market for quite a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ugliest

Yeh, I remember them givin me several lectures on why I shouldn't get them done :-/ They were thinking about it for a while, then decided that it was a silly idea.

When did that change?

Law of supply and demand?

Advertisement