Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman held in fatal Kilkenny stabbing

Options
  • 31-12-2008 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Just saw this on rte.ie......... crazy stuff........

A woman is being held in relation to the death of a 22-year-old man who was stabbed in Kilkenny this morning.

The body of Michael Brennan was found in a house in Castlecomer at about 4am this morning .

An 18-year-old woman is being detained at Kilkenny Garda station.

Advertisement
    The victim's body was found at a small cottage he shared with a number of other men after gardaí and the emergency services were called.

Deputy State Pathologist Dr Michael Curtis carried out a preliminary examination of the body before it was removed from the house.

Crime scene examiners from the Garda Technical Bureau have been examining the man's house.

Gardaí have appealed for information from anyone who thinks they might be able to help the investigation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Yeah, saw that. There's extensive coverage in the Kilkenny People on it.

Apparently the sister of the vicitim is being held for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

yup it's the sister. Gotta love living in castlecomer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

yup it's the sister. Gotta love living in castlecomer :(
    Rough awl spot alright, espically church avenue. I know a few people out there but I don't live there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭sarah101

Fair enough there are a few dodgy spots in Comer but it is not all bad. Tis baciscally a few families causing most of the problems.

live a bit outside comer for the last 10+years I can think of 4 stabbings in the last 2 years or so. It's a dive of a town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭sarah101

If you think of those incidents though they were all involving the same core group of people, and the same area of the town.

nope not true there was the polish fella last year or the year before the night of his birthday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

between the Comer stabbing and the Windgap fire/murder, it does not bode well for 2009.

Advertisement