Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping in Waterford City

• 31-12-2008 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

What do people think about the road out there by Kilcohan where the Rugby Club is and the Halting Site?

Its one of the worst places in Waterford for dumping and general black bags full of waste thrown on the side of the road!

If i felt i was part of a minority group constantly on the news i wouldnt leave waste outside my house if it was mine or not!!! do the travellers in Halting sites have a bin collection and do they have to pay bin charges or for tags like everybody else?

Im not pointin the finger but its a bit obvious!

Matresses bags boxs from bikes on the road! horse boxs parked up on the foot path and horse manure and broken bottles means its unpassable by foot and intimidating!

Also the actual dump just down the road from that if you exit the cork road there just before the traffic lights at waterford crystal take the left down after that pub and before topaz brings ye down to the dump but just before there there is a piece of ground where theres a couch and tons of rubbish bags!!!

Im constantly ringing the City Council but seems like theres no proper preventative action being taken, I personally think that dumping is one of the most disguting things you can do as a member of society,

Its an obvious sign of deviants in our society that dont think twice about it.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The whole place is a mess even without the rubbish. Its just being generally neglected and made worse by people dumping. Same on the road out by Paddy Power where you take a left to head out to the Tramore Road. Cars burned out, rubbish etc. always there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 amyloneill

The City Council only seams to like to catch people at the ardkeen tesco bottle bank and fine them for littering . im just having a look a paper from a few weeks back good few people got there names in it.

the law should be for us all not just for most people .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

Do they have bin collection at the halting site up there in Kilcohan halting site and do they pay bin charges?

Ive never seen bins collected and i drive past everyday!!!!

Its pure filthy out that way cant be walkin through there on foot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

Multivan wrote: »
    Do they have bin collection at the halting site up there in Kilcohan halting site and do they pay bin charges?

Ive never seen bins collected and i drive past everyday!!!!

Its pure filthy out that way cant be walkin through there on foot!!

Thats suppose to be Kilbarry!

I drove past the bins on the side of the road there and two days after i sent an email and pics to minister John Gormley the bins were gone!

But not properly! in good aul fashion waterford ways they took the couple of bags and left the waste!! ha ha:eek: :confused:

If youre angry about dumping go and take a pic and email the city council it makes all the difference!! plus you can go back and take pics of work they havent done!!!

Advertisement