Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Open Day

Options
  • 31-12-2008 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Is anybody going to the RCSI open day on the 5th of January? Im just interested about finding out about pharmacy. I dont know much about the place so I will wait and see!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Don't know anyone goin to that:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

im going to it, make sure you register for it on their website. i registered a few days ago and still waiting on the reply so if you haven't you better get to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Dubs wrote: »
    im going to it, make sure you register for it on their website. i registered a few days ago and still waiting on the reply so if you haven't you better get to it!

I already got my open day ticket by email when I registered in November. :)

aha... well you sure showed me :D
    i wish i had the sense to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I just showed up last year without registering, you'll be alright ;)

Seriously though, a very worthwhile Open Day imo. Definitely should go to it if you want to do medicine/ pharmacy/ physio, they explain the courses extremely well. They had a panel of students taking questions last year... Because it's so small they were able to focus really well on the courses.

• Advertisement

so what did anyone who went think?

to be honest i thought it was the best open day iv been to, and walking in on the students practicing on cadavers at the end of the tour was great fun too:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

WTF!!!:eek:
    Are you serious? Im pretty sure the anatomy act prohibits anyone but medical students from entering the dissection room.
    Sounds a bit dodge to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Dubs wrote: »
    so what did anyone who went think?

to be honest i thought it was the best open day iv been to, and walking in on the students practicing on cadavers at the end of the tour was great fun too:eek:

I didnt bother going on the tour and instead went to a supplemental lecture on pharmacy after the main lecture. Jesus christ cadavers! wtf? I thought that would be done in a restricted area. I got a tour of the pharmacy building which I was really impressed with. Very modern building. However the amount of people who went on the tour really showed the interest in medicine compared to pharmacy. There was like only 10 of us!

The austrian/ indian guy who is the student president was halarious!:pac:

I still get the impression though that its a place where you '' buy '' yourself in if you are an international student and are considerably wealthy. That said I dont think you would get the full college experience as there is no campus of sort.

UCC will be no.1 for pharmacy and trinity no.2 primarily on being a recognised third level institution worldwide. RCSI doesnt compare with tcd on that regard.

WTF!!!:eek:
    Are you serious? Im pretty sure the anatomy act prohibits anyone but medical students from entering the dissection room.
    Sounds a bit dodge to me!

well the group kinda stumbled in on the class when they were dissecting a leg so we were just like... right. Then we had a quick look (all the squimish people were warned to wait outside) which was a weird experience but better to see what it will be like now i suppose

ye the student president was a sound lad - free spinny laptop!! :eek:

im a little freaked about the amount of people that were actually there for medicine but sure it was the same at trinity aswell. Lots of competition!

Advertisement