Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JP Poker Masters 2009 Sponsored by Bruce Poker.Com - €100,000 GUARANTEED

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭JP-Christine

And we have 60 players left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭JP-Christine

Can i put my name on the reserve list

Peter Murphy

Thank you

Sure Peter. See you later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Any update on who scooped tickets last night?

Looks like a nice setup i wish this event runs well for JP and Brucepoker all the best.

Probably wont make the main event but might go up and play some cash later tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

I got a ticket (Had a ticket already).

From looking around I know that Mickste got a ticket, Brian "the fox" O'Keefe, Jemma and Eddie walsh (Wad Events) got a ticket each aswell, (there was a bit of handbags at 40 paces when we got to bubble, basically if everyone gave €28 we would all get a ticket, 1 guy objected, another guy offered to pay his €28 for him, he still objected), don't know the in's our out's of it, I just wanted to go home, in the end common sense was restored and we all gave €28 and everyone got a ticket....

I had only 6K after the dinner break, then got 2 double ups.
    Up to 28K, flopped a Set of 10's V Ax on an A 10 5 board, that got me up to 50K, then got kings 3 hands out of 7 (:eek::eek:)

got my stack up to 105K and folded to a ticket. In fact at one point at my table I had 105K and the nearest stack to me was 40K....

Someone mumbled about me not playing a hand (nop, if I had a book I would have started reading it)... My chips were not going back into circulation, unless I had Kings or Aces (knocked out BIGBADPAT with said kings)

got the cash alternative, so happy enough. Room has a great set up about it, good luck to all boardsies playing tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

what time did it end at?

If your at work today your going to be in bits this evning! maybe you have durcell batteries....

• Advertisement

Got home at 4, after doing a bit of a sat nav detour dropping Vera home (let's just say we took the scenic route).... I get a bit nervous the night before big festival games (I know lol) so I probably would have slept f*ck all anyway..

I like to play in the Satellite, get a feel for the Venue etc., (and im a luckbox at them, which helps)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DPablo

smurph wrote: »
    I got a ticket (Had a ticket already.

From looking around I know that Mickste got a ticket, Brian "the fox" O'Keefe, Jemma and Eddie walsh (Wad Events) got a ticket each aswell, (there was a bit of handbags at 40 paces when we got to bubble, basically if everyone gave €28 we would all get a ticket, 1 guy objected, another guy offered to pay his €28 for him, he still objected), don't know the in's our out's of it, I just wanted to go home, in the end common sense was restored and we all gave €28 and everyone got a ticket....

I had only 6K after the dinner break, then got 2 double ups.
    Up to 28K, flopped a Set of 10's V Ax on an A 10 5 board, that got me up to 50K, then got kings 3 hands out of 7 (:eek::eek:)

got my stack up to 105K and folded to a ticket. In fact at one point at my table I had 105K and the nearest stack to me was 40K....

Someone mumbled about me not playing a hand (nop, if I had a book I would have started reading it)... My chips were not going back into circulation, unless I had Kings or Aces (knocked out Bigbadpat with said kings)

got the cash alternative, so happy enough. Room has a great set up about it, good luck to all boardsies playing tonight...

Wp Smurph, good comeback,
    the guy on your right could do nothing to stop his chips steadily moving over to your stack.
    Lots of KK hands alright!
    My QQ no good v KK & AK. Hope the AK guy scraped through for a ticket.
    Feck it, think I’ll play this anyway, too good a structure to miss.
    Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Got home at 4, after doing a bit of a sat nav detour dropping Vera home (let's just say we took the scenic route).... I get a bit nervous the night before big festival games (I know lol) so I probably would have slept f*ck all anyway..

I like to play in the Satellite, get a feel for the Venue etc., (and im a luckbox at them, which helps)....

WP on getting the ticket anyway. Try to get a 1/2 day and go and get some sleep, tonight should be over by 3 anyway so not too late. You should be chip leader by then.

DPablo wrote: »
    Wp Smurph, good comeback,
    the guy on your right could do nothing to stop his chips steadily moving over to your stack.
    Lots of KK hands alright!
    My QQ no good v KK & AK. Hope the AK guy scraped through for a ticket.
    Feck it, think I’ll play this anyway, too good a structure to miss.
    Good luck

Ah DPablo, nice to put a face to your name, didn't realise who you were. Yeah the AK guy got a ticket in the end, but he seriously had no notion how to play Satellites. blinds were 2K 4K and he was raising to 16k utg, it was folded around to me and I look down at pockets 8's and did the automatic fold, he proudly turns over pockets 7's:eek::eek: He then checkraised all in on a 5sKsKh boards with As8S and was up against K Q (he reckoned there was no way your man had a King!!!) ping spade on river....

Although he got a ticket, so maybe his aggresive approach worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

LOL Donkaments

Can you stick my name down on the reserve list for this.

ty.

Noel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

I got a ticket (Had a ticket already.

I got my stack up to 105K and folded to a ticket. In fact at one point at my table I had 105K and the nearest stack to me was 40K....

Someone mumbled about me not playing a hand (nop, if I had a book I would have started reading it)... My chips were not going back into circulation, unless I had Kings or Aces (knocked out Bigbadpat with said kings)

Congratulations to Smurph and all the BOARDies who got a ticket.
    Smurph glad to see you used my few chips very well.
    Really enjoyed the night - the river was kind to me on a few occasions !!
    They could improve
    (a) The crap tables - Great difficulity when trying to pick up cards from the slippery surface at the side - This could easily lead to cards being marked.
    (b) The delayed start - This was unfair to people who arrived early so as to be on time. This would be improved by only giving the early bird chip to those who registered before the start time.

BIGBADPAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭copperfacegaz

i managed to snag me ticket also ,happy days , yeah was madness wen it was 37 left and that one guy wouldnt agree to everyone paying €28 to get a ticket .. at one stage he nearly got mobed ... such badness (even wen someone wanted to pay his €28) i dont see the point it that !

i managed to snag me ticket also ,happy days , yeah was madness wen it was 37 left and that one guy wouldnt agree to everyone paying €28 to get a ticket .. at one stage he nearly got mobed ... such badness (even wen someone wanted to pay his €28) i dont see the point it that !

Congrats man well done (haha there all blacks, oops no you have millions :o) best of luck in this hope you get a good run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

37 tickets? My mate finished 38th, he is the sickest man in Ireland right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

hi jp
    myself and cat will be playing this later if we need to put on a reserve list that would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

hi JP

can you put my name down on the reserve list please

Jason Farrell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 sparky115

Can you please add Michael Muldoon to the reserve list

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Good luck to all who are playing! Hope to make it for tomorrow's €300 event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

will there be live updates??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭FishFlop21

Live updates would be great.???

• Advertisement

Any cash games going yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Any cash games going yet?
    The Bomber Nolan went out the first hand with a set of 7's vs a set of aces , so i would presume that he is on a cash table and tilting like fcuk.

DAMO72 wrote: »
    The Bomber Nolan went out the first hand with a set of 7's vs a set of aces , so i would presume that he is on a cash table and tilting like fcuk.

First hand FCUK!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭urallfish

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Last i heard he kicked off with 4k on cash and cashed out 13k nice!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

urallfish wrote: »
    Last i heard he kicked off with 4k on cash and cashed out 13k nice!!!!!

He kicked off with €400 and cashed out for €13k if the truth be known.. SOme spin up that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

This was a great wekend of poker. Although tournaments are the nut donkaments for me...

Advertisement