Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you change your subjects given the chance?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yeah, I wish I'd done business or Geography instead of Chemistry! I love the subject but it's an awful lot of work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I'd do biology and maybe physics.

Although I like economics, I'd have done it outside of school instead because A(it's easy and I like it) and B(all the dossers picked it and the teacher refuses to teach us every so often).

At least people who do science like it and take it seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

K4t wrote: »
    I'd do biology and maybe physics.

Although I like economics, I'd have done it outside of school instead because A(it's easy and I like it) and B(all the dossers picked it and the teacher refuses to teach us every so often).

At least people who do science like it and take it seriously.

I do economics and 2 science subjetcs,Ill tell you something every1 thinks its an easy A1 but theres soo much too learn and to understand compared to bio,bio is long but its simple :D
    I actully regret taking economics I would of been better off with Home economics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

When filling out my form yesterday (For the exams I "Plan" on taking) I almost registered for Hungarian, by putting the wrong code into the box:D

I wouldnt change my subjects, I feel decently challanged at the level im at with them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

OMG! when ever someone says physics is the only science with all the maths dont believe them there is soooo much maths and i realll really hate it.. but i need it... and i have a good teacher but if you got a bad teacher it would be really hard... and just for people out there who are picking and mabye reading this do classics instead of history if you dont want too much work.. there is a good bit of work in it but not as much as history you just read a load of stories and do roman art and architecture, its actually really intresting. and lad geography easyyyyy... jsut have to phrase your answers right and ive been told im writing too much.... I didnt even realise that was possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waheyyy

i do all the sciences + applied maths so at times i get a bit overwhelmed with all the scientific work.. if i could go back i'd give up physics, really don't enjoy it and we've an abysmal teacher to boot. i would keep chemistry and bio, applied maths is a bit iffy but i'm only in 5th so i'm not sure if i'll actually sit that exam yet. i would like to have done french tho, if i could go back to 1st year i would've picked that and then kept spanish and french for lc.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

loved JC business and in particular the accounting part to it. LC is a different ball game! The agony & stress accounting causes me is ridiculous, I get so frustrated at myself when I dont get the balancing figure. I work my ass off for it & still dont get the results..

Would drop that and have kept up Spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

I had an awful teacher for JC business and in 3rd year we got an amazing teacher but she could only do so much for us and i really didnt have an intrest..

Whaeyyy- wow all sciences AND applied maths thats alot! what other subject do you do aswell as thoes? you must be good at science and maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I probably wouldn't have done art! other than that I'm happy, I hate music but 50% practical, happy days! and I love economics, can't believe I was thinking about doing home ec instead of economics!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Hmm..... interesting thread i must say!

With mocks around the corner i would definitely change a few things. Would drop chemistry for Business or Economics. I hate chemistry, and having a teacher who doesn;t take any question i ask seriously doesn;t help it either!

I do accounting and i have to say i quite like it. The course can be narrowed down a lot and if you are willing to put in the work at perfecting the guaranteed questions then its not that bad. Having said that, i found it extremely boring just going into a class everyday in 5th yr to correct a question from the night before, and start a new question after that. Also, my class is divided in such that half of us are working at the subject, the other half just bull****ting they're way through and hogging all the time from the teacher.

Not really a subject change as such, but i should have kept on honours irish. I dropped to relieve pressure of having all honours plus an extra subject but i think i could have coped easily. Pass irish is a waste really. An A1 is easily attainable but hopefully i dont think it;ll be used in my points count.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's a long time since I did my Leaving (apart from the year I sat Art a few years ago), but I always liked the idea of doing Technical Graphics/Mechanical Drawing, or whatever they call it now. I may yet go back and do it at Junior and Leaving Cert.

It's never too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Yeah, I loved Tech Graph for Junior Cert, whenever we're doing constructions in Maths I get slightly wistful... Doesn't fit in with my career plans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Change French for Construction Studies.
    Change Economics for Geography.
    Change Biology for History.

Only one I'd keep is Engineering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i would change geography to home ec or maybe music.
    but if i had a good teacher that would probably be very different, not one who rambles on about not having sex before you're married and how she never got married... yadda yadda yadda (she's at least 50 btw) and generally going on about non geography nonsense...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So no-one would drop something and take up chemistry then...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

I would've picked subjects that don't involve quite so much writing! And that weren't so subjective!! I'm going cracked between RE, History, Music... I definitely would've done something like Accounting or Economics to stop my hand from falling off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Metamorphisis

definatly! i'd give up german now that you don;t need it for engineering in ucc and do anything instead

Advertisement