Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you doing for New Years Eve ?

Options
  • 31-12-2008 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

So, I'm sitting in work bored out of my mind so I decided to make a generic thread :pac:

What are YOU doing for New Years Eve ?

Going to a party myself but I'm not really in that "party" mood just yet, was late for work, 3 hours sleep, starving.. So socially interacting with people isn't really top of my list atm.

¬_¬

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

going to local. Getting pissed then back to session. Just your usual night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Going to random friends, getting plastered.

MERRY NEW YEARS L & G's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I'm staying at home as I'm completely buggered with the man-flu
    I'll stick on Jools Holland and then XBox the night away
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Thought I'd be stuck at home with my family, but just got invited to a party. Of course this means I don't get to kiss my boyfriend at midnight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

playing music for a pub party ringin in the new year happy new year all ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Oh, you know... Gettin' crunk with my friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

serving drinks to people from 6pm-2am.... should be a fun night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Going to the local - still hoping for a party to show up spontaneously though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Piste wrote: »
    Thought I'd be stuck at home with my family, but just got invited to a party. Of course this means I don't get to kiss my boyfriend at midnight :(

Why not bring him with you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

my parents have just flown over to see me, excpet my mam's luggage got lost somewhere on the way, so spent the ENTIRE day in a ****ing shopping mall with her, trying to find her something to wear that's just as cheap as penny's (whcih is not possible, which is why it took so ****ing long before she finally accepted she'd have to pay $5 for a pair of knickers, and $3 for one pair of socks), but man, what a long day, spent a lot of it unknowingly doped up on antihistamines (well, i forgot that they can have a drowsy affect, and spent a large proportion of the day feeling knackered, and a large proportion of the evening sleeping), then came home, slept for a few hours...

but ooh! got my first new year's kiss!
    last year i was sick between alcohol and drug abuse, jetlag, extreme exhaustion, and general stretching myself too thin, and was quite ill for the first three days after visiting nz, causing me to partake in excessive sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Hopefully a party, but my only real venue is a complete strangers house, which I'm not so sure about, undecided wether I'll bother drinking too.........

Institute tomorrow and I'm goin off the sauce until graduation night which is just too good a night out to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

just staying in with my mates this year

half of them already haver plans.
    last years new years was funking deadly though.
    best night id had at a party in aggess.
    no new years kiss for me tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Just too add, not doing what I did last year. Not no way, not no how. Had to go to work still drunk the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Miss Tequila

stayin at home

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Why not bring him with you ?

Nah he hates my friends, after the predebs I promised I'd never make him come to anything with my friends ever again!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Looks like I'll be spending the evening arguing with my GF about wanting to go to one party, while she wants me to go to another. Not cool :(

Go to separate parties then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'm not doing anything. Don't really like nights out, and anyway I barely speak to my supposed "friends" anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Someones house, then a proper gaff.................have to go "Shopping" now :rolleyes:

I dunno why but I just dont wanna go at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Piste wrote: »
    Go to separate parties then?

It looks like we will be at separate parties, but she's not taking that very well!
    Apparently I'm obliged to go to her one because she asked me first...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Pff no plans for me, probably end up staying in the house last night and start talking to people on msn who i havent talked to in years at 2 in the morning, pretty much the same as every year then:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Was in charge of organising a party in my friend's gaf, texted people at short notice (yesterday), got a lukewarm response and decided just to cancel it and go to town. Then found out the night in town we wanted to go to wasn't on, so now having a smaller session in said friend's gaf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

spent a lot of it unknowingly doped up on antihistamines (well, i forgot that they can have a drowsy affect, and spent a large proportion of the day feeling knackered, and a large proportion of the evening sleeping), then came home, slept for a few hours...
    Shoulda got a non-drowsy antihistamine.

my friends have decided to go out so im stuck at home tonight.
    whoo
    ha
    no
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Well, I'm staying right here... :(

same no where else to go

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Can't wait til I get my full license, I could just drive to relieve the boredom... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Bloody hell tis only 8.15!!! Went out to the gym to pass an hour or so and seems to have had no effect!

Advertisement