Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to copy phonebook to laptop?

• 31-12-2008 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭

Is there a device that allows you to copy your phonebook from your mobile to your computer? I know there is some sort of a portable thing that the sim card can be inserted into and the numbers saved but I would rather have them saved onto my laptop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

zyb.com is free to use. What phone ya got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gadfly

I think with the software disc that comes with some mobile phones you can back up all data from your mobile to you laptop. I've got the Nokia 5310 as it allows me to do it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes there is. What phone do you have?

You'll be able to plug a special usb cable into your phone and plug it into your computer. And in the box with your phone there would have been a cd with software that will allow your computer to talk to your phone

But if you just want to create a backup, www.zyb.com is better. You just sign up and tell them what phone you have. They send out settings to the phone and gives instructions on exactly what to do. Follow the instructions and your phonebook will be backed up onto their website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

If you have a Nokia then they have a PC Suite that is very easy to use.
    If you use Outlook, all the numbers and info can be imported to their contacts.

If you have Bluetooth on your phone and Bluetooth on your computer then its just a matter of throwing your phone on the desk (for effect) and hitting the sync button.

Im not sure if you dont have Nokia, but say it would be handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

No, you can't!

(just saying this cause the op left out the important bits, and 'ignores' 3 good replies :P )

Yes, you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Sorry for not replying but I had forgotten I had asked the question and hadn't been online much. It's a Sony Ericsson. Dont know what number it is. Maybe a disc came with it, I must check that out.
    Thanks for the replies.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Download MyPhoneExplorer its an excellent program which allows you to backup the phones entire content .

From their site :

Features:
    • Adressbook - with direct sync to Outlook, Outlook Express, Lotus Notes and Thunderbird
    • Organizer with calendarview and direct sync to Outlook, Sunbird, Thunderbird, Rainlendar, Lotus Notes, Google and net shared calendars (WebDAV, FTP, local)
    • SMS - archive, export, import, excessive messages,...
    • Filebrowser with cachesystem to minimize datatransfer...
    • Set phoneclock based on atomtime
    • and much more. f.e.: calllists, edit profiles, phonemonitor,...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭finbarrk

That looks good sharkman, thanks.

Advertisement