Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shed Door

Options
  • 31-12-2008 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know where you could buy a new wooden shed door? The wooden door frame is fine, but the door itself is knackered and I need to replace it.

Woodies don't stock them. Atlantic Homecare only have one size, which about 3 inches too big (not worth planing down). I've tried other smaller PVC door sellers and hardware shops and they don't have them.

Anywhere close to Kilbarrack would be helpful too! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭donaghs

Any shed doors in the greater Dublin area? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,177 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

donaghs wrote: »
    Would anyone know where you could buy a new wooden shed door? The wooden door frame is fine, but the door itself is knackered and I need to replace it.

Woodies don't stock them. Atlantic Homecare only have one size, which about 3 inches too big (not worth planing down). I've tried other smaller PVC door sellers and hardware shops and they don't have them.

Anywhere close to Kilbarrack would be helpful too! Thanks.

When you say 3 inches too big do you mean length, width or depth?

You said its not worth planing down, but you would only have to plane it down if it was depth, and I cant imagine a shed door thats more than 3 inches in depth.

Get the Atlantic one and lash a circular saw over it, done in 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭donaghs

I bought the Atlantic one. Measured it, sawed of the excess edges. Seems to have done the job.

Advertisement