Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Pay Monthly Question

Options
  • 31-12-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Has anyone else got asked for proof of ID and suchlike when placing an order for a contract phone through these guys?

Yesterday I signed up for ancontract and this morning got an email saying this:
    Dear Customer In reference to your recent order on the O2 On Line Shop. For Security purposes we require proof of credit card statement and proof of ID for your order to be processed. Please ensure that this is faxed within the next 5 working days. If not received your order will be cancelled and your credit card will be fully refunded. These proofs can be faxed to 061 443808. Kind Regards OnLine Shop

Fax is very unfriendly and I'm surprised they do not allow another method as I will not get to a fax for a few days. And I paid with laser and not with a credit card so how can I give them a credit card statement for the same card? I presume bank statement which I've asked them about but still waiting to hear back.

Now I am not in a position to check my banking right now but if this is really a security check why have they charged me anyway? Surely if it was a security check they'd be better off checking first, then charging my card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Companys do random security checks for various internal reasons. Mainly it's fraud prevention.

I suggest you pop into an O2 shop with your bill and Id and ask them to fax it for you if you don't have access to a fax.

Otherwise ring customer care and tell them you'd like to post the stuff in - I doubt there will be a problem.

Usually I believe your credit card transaction serves as a proof of ID .. obviously in this case they want more though. See my first sentence.

If you're unclear on what's required then ring them, quote your details or order ref and they'll bring up the account and see what is missing. Call during working hours when the relevent depts will be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

Unbelievably it's still going on. They billed me on 31st December, yet I still have no phone or no money. I emailed the address the online order told me to for further information and have got no reply.

When I've rung O2 they have given me various excuses, to the fact they cannot find my order, to that I need to follow the instructions and email them as they can only deal with online accounts via online support.

I obtained a different email address from the online shop contact us section of several days ago and still have heard nothing back. So I called them again, they said that they need my credit card statement, not bank account statement, even though I paid with Laser, my Credit card is an AIB Click so it's managed online so there will be no paper statements.

They said I would need to wait for them to answer my email before I could continue this process, as I need confirmation from the online team. I'm still waiting right now, I'm so angry that 16 days later they have my money and I have nothing to show for it, and they simply do not want to do anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

If you send me your order code I can continue the order for you. Random is right about the random check.

Talk2O2@O2.com

Cheers - I sent an email about 30 minutes ago to the same address. Dropped you a PM with order ID

So here we are five days later, and we are still trying to get this matter sorted.

January 15th
    I got the email from Daryll at 14:55, who said he would pass it on to another department to progress my order along so it doesn't need forms, The order didn't move along at all, and later that night, I got a email from Customer care, saying once again that they needed documents, I let them know my credit card was online so I could not provide a statement, to which they totally ignored this and asked for the same anyway. So I sent an email to Daryll once more explaning this as CC were not reading their emails properly.

January 16th
    Daryll emailed me back saying that there was a problem and they infact do need the documents, despite previously saying that they did not need them. He gave me a fax number, and I tried to fax them but for some reason they did not go through. So I presumed it was the fax that was causing the problem, so I got someone to look at it, then I thought I'd try again on Monday. Daryll stated bank account statment would be fine.

January 19th
    Sent a fax to the number provided first thing Monday morning. Seemed to go through but the replaced fax machine we use does not give confirmation. So I assumed it went through as a fax was sent to a similar number of another company and was fine. I then get another message on Monday, from Mary in O2 stating that the fax number is actually a different one from that I have been provided by O2,

So once more I faxed, this time to the right number. Again they did not get the fax for some unknown reason but it for sure went through this time. I also noticed the phone I ordered 3 weeks ago was now out of stock. I called O2 about my order and they said that they would now not be able to give me the phone as they don't have any, despite having charged me for it, but I should go through the person I was dealing with by email. I was then asked to email the proofs needed to O2, I did this straight away. At 1.00pm I was told it would be sent on to the department. At close of business at 5.30pm the order had still not moved on. Mary told me she should have had an update for me but she does not and will escalate it the next day.

January 20th
    At just after 11.0am I recieved an email from O2 saying that once more, there was no update, but it has been escalated. At 1.30pm they now are saying they are waiting for their distributor to confirm if they can process the order. Now three weeks later, and the O2 order tracker continues to show to be in the same place that it was on the 31st December 2008.

• Advertisement

Mary updated me on this, this morning. Unfortunately I have not been around the office to track the progress on this for a couple of days, but I will have concrete information for you tomorrow. I will of course be compensating you for all of this trouble once your handset has been received.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

J_Dublin15 wrote: »
    So here we are five days later, and we are still trying to get this matter sorted.

January 15th
    I got the email from Daryll at 14:55, who said he would pass it on to another department to progress my order along so it doesn't need forms, The order didn't move along at all, and later that night, I got a email from Customer care, saying once again that they needed documents, I let them know my credit card was online so I could not provide a statement, to which they totally ignored this and asked for the same anyway. So I sent an email to Daryll once more explaning this as CC were not reading their emails properly.

January 16th
    Daryll emailed me back saying that there was a problem and they infact do need the documents, despite previously saying that they did not need them. He gave me a fax number, and I tried to fax them but for some reason they did not go through. So I presumed it was the fax that was causing the problem, so I got someone to look at it, then I thought I'd try again on Monday. Daryll stated bank account statment would be fine.

January 19th
    Sent a fax to the number provided first thing Monday morning. Seemed to go through but the replaced fax machine we use does not give confirmation. So I assumed it went through as a fax was sent to a similar number of another company and was fine. I then get another message on Monday, from Mary in O2 stating that the fax number is actually a different one from that I have been provided by O2,

So once more I faxed, this time to the right number. Again they did not get the fax for some unknown reason but it for sure went through this time. I also noticed the phone I ordered 3 weeks ago was now out of stock. I called O2 about my order and they said that they would now not be able to give me the phone as they don't have any, despite having charged me for it, but I should go through the person I was dealing with by email. I was then asked to email the proofs needed to O2, I did this straight away. At 1.00pm I was told it would be sent on to the department. At close of business at 5.30pm the order had still not moved on. Mary told me she should have had an update for me but she does not and will escalate it the next day.

January 20th
    At just after 11.0am I recieved an email from O2 saying that once more, there was no update, but it has been escalated. At 1.30pm they now are saying they are waiting for their distributor to confirm if they can process the order. Now three weeks later, and the O2 order tracker continues to show to be in the same place that it was on the 31st December 2008.

Good one 02-you've now got another annoyed customer to add to your list. I had to change a customers tarriff to 02 Release and it took 6 emails, four faxes and 4 phone calls to get it sorted, now I know thats not what happens the whole time but its still terrible on their behalf! OP what phone were you trying to get and why don't you just pick another provider if this is all 02 can do for you-it's just not good enough!

This issue is a complete once off for his situation and I hope to turn this negative to a positive as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

This issue is a complete once off for his situation and I hope to turn this negative to a positive as soon as possible.

It may very well be only a once of but a once off, no matter what, shouldn't be 3 weeks delay! But I do have faith in Daryll, He seems to get things done:cool:

TBH I am really annoyed by this as this sort of thing is just not supposed to happen anymore.

• Advertisement

Just so you know he received his phone this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Hey there Talk2O2: Daryll,totally off topic but could you fill us in on this Nokia 5800 XpressMusic please . As in when, if and how much?
    Thanks in advance.

Our device team are very tight lipped about handset release dates, the same question is continually asked on our forum and unfortunately you probably know as much as me. As soon as I do know something though I will announce it everywhere I can :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭andy winter

Im sorry to post on such an old thread but I did not see another thread dealing directly with this issue.

I have placed an order online with O2.ie, I received an e-mail from the customer care stating I needed to FAX a copy of bank statement and photo ID for security reasons. I got the e-mail on saturday and today I received another e-mail to inform me my order has been cancelled due to me not sending documents by FAX, I don't have access to a FAX machine and was on my way to 02 shop today to ask them to send for me....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Now what do I do??

Very *issed off :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭andy winter

anyone help??

plz & thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

anyone help??

plz & thanks

Go to the store and order again, if the first order has been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

Davy wrote: »
    Go to the store and order again, if the first order has been cancelled.

Fax in what they asked for and place a new order, new order should go through then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

guys I recieved this last week while placing an online order for a handset (via clove) and they required a fax of passport or driving license etc. As it happened they said an emailed scan would do just fine. Luckily I keep a scan of my driving license on hand in my gmail account so I cna print it or email it as required. I wonder if O2 can accept a scan of the documentation. It should be treated the same as a fax no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Fax in what they asked for and place a new order, new order should go through then

He doesnt have a fax machine though, hence the problem

100gSoma wrote: »
    guys I recieved this last week while placing an online order for a handset (via clove) and they required a fax of passport or driving license etc. As it happened they said an emailed scan would do just fine. Luckily I keep a scan of my driving license on hand in my gmail account so I cna print it or email it as required. I wonder if O2 can accept a scan of the documentation. It should be treated the same as a fax no?

I reckon they would, majority of companies do, but i think just going instore is as happy in this case for the op

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

An o2 store will fax it for him!

• Advertisement
Advertisement