Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More changes announced for Leaving Cert timetable

Options
  • 31-12-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

More changes announced for Leaving Cert timetable

The Leaving Cert timetable is to be changed again next year in an effort to reduce the pressure on exam students.

On the first day of exams in 2009, English Paper 1 will be followed by Home Economics in the afternoon.

On the second day, English Paper 2 will be followed by Engineering.

The changes will mean that almost all of the 53,000 Leaving Cert candidates will have a half day free in the opening three days of the exams.

I think that this is a good change - I did my LC years ago and did Home-Economics, found it easier to study that subject as a lot of it was common knowledge (it may have changed a bit now) and also there was an overlap with Biology on some of the parts of it.
    What does everyone else think of this news...is it any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Sweeeet. A paper of English and nothing more for 2 days. Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yay, heard this on the news this morning. Great for me cos I don't do either Home Ec or Engineering.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

I thought this was announced weeks ago?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

I thought this was annoounced weeks ago?:confused:

Well, it's less than a fortnight since the timetable went up. That's fast reporting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

If they want to reduce the 'stress levels' of students and actually make a real difference, they would change the LC courses and not the time table. -/Lip-Service/-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I'd actually hate to be doing Home Ec or Engineering now. It used to be Chemistry which really sucked but I'm happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Theres been a sticky up the top for two weeks now

Plus the timetable was out two weeks ago, they are really good reporters! Seems that every radio station is only catching on to the idea today aswell:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

All of these media stations have news circles to go through and they were probably out of news so they all reported on the leaving cert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cailinRUA

no it's soooo annoying i would have been finished super early if they hadnt changed it but now im one of the last and i have an exam on my birthday :mad: not happy

Advertisement