Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama calls on Dems to reject Blagojevich nomination to Senate

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

jank wrote: »
    Sorry PJ but Ann Coulter is a vile person who is as dangerous as is foolish. She is a wind up merchant and also a media whore. Who is her hero again, Joseph McCarthy. I need not say anymore.

Yeah, you do need to say more, unless your objective was to prove my point. You attacked the person (Ann Coulter), not her facts or statistics.
    I take your points on board but you dont seem to recognise anybody that doesnt agree with you and you draw the conclusion they are a far left liberal. I have some very conservative views but im always wary of people saying that this is the truth and that is the truth without giving the other person a due process to learn themselves the truth.

I recognize you, and I don’t consider you a far left liberal… just a little misguided maybe, but with a good heart.
    There are alot of moderates out there that stick to the centre. Just because im not here arguing with leftist ideas doesnt make me a lefty.

Okay.
    [WHISPER] I was once a Liberal and a Hippie… but don’t tell anyone [/WHISPER]
    I dont take fox news seriously but cause I think CNN and time magazine try their best make me a liberal left loon? Who should i listen to then? you? Ann?

Actually, Fox News was determined to have the fairest reporting of the major US networks in this past presidential election. Yeah CNN was better than MSLSD, but by no means does Time magazine try their best to be fair (just read some of Joe Klein’s pieces to see what I mean). I would suggest that you forget the boob tube for anything other than entertainment, and read http://www.realclearpolitics.com/. It offers information and opinions from the Left, Right, Moderates, Liberals and Conservatives. A balancing act of information will give you the best perspective. And don’t just listen to me, I’m just here to provide a balance to the left’s bias, stoke the fire a bit, and put a little life back into the a category that has become quite boring since the election. But I also wouldn’t automatically discount everything I post either. Hidden in the sarcasm and meanness are some valid points.
    Pointing fingers all the time only alienates and never changes peoples opinion. So why not try a different approach.

Again, so many others do little more here than point fingers, spit bile and hate. Why just disparage me? And what whould you suggest? Who here would ever take me seriously? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

bill1.gif
    http://www.uga.edu/gm/1201/FeatBill.html

Matt Holck wrote: »
    the governor of Illinois,
    Roda Blagojevic has not yet been tried for alegations
    that he offered to sell the Illinois United State Senate Seat...
    he has been impeached to be brought to trial by the Illinois Senate

the governor of Illinois appointed Lutsio Guerrero to replace Obama in the United State Senate.

This appointment was not approved by the Lieutenant Governor of Illinois.

I think if the US senate seat requires aproval bu the Lieutenant Governor
    The intention was to provide a check against the Governor's power in Illinois

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

[WHISPER] I was once a Liberal and a Hippie… but don’t tell anyone [/WHISPER]

Wait.. PJ O' Rourke says that.

PJ.. Pocono Joe.. Hmm...

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Pocono Joe wrote: »
    Actually, Fox News was determined to have the fairest reporting of the major US networks in this past presidential election.

By who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Actually, Fox News was determined to have the fairest reporting of the major US networks in this past presidential election.

The 'terrorist fist bump', 'baby momma' channel? Fascinating, Captain.

• Advertisement

By who?

Hillary Clinton (D) and Ed Rendell, Governor of Pennsylvania (D), to start.

And if you require more, how about the Center for Media and Public Affairs.

Wait.. PJ O' Rourke says that.

PJ.. Pocono Joe.. Hmm...

NTM

Oh come on.

That would be like me saying that I find it odd OscarBravo uses an Arabic type symbol as his avatar, and Osama BinLaden is Arabic.

OB... Oscar Bravo…. Hmmmmm.

Too far a reach wouldn’t you think?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

You might be onto something there.

*Dials 1-800-CALL-SPY*

(Yes, it's a real number.)

NTM

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

That would be like me saying that I find it odd OscarBravo uses an Arabic type symbol as his avatar...
    Oi! That's not Arabic, that's Urdu. :mad:

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Oi! That's not Arabic, that's Urdu. :mad:

Sorry, I wasn't quite sure. That's why I stated Arabic type symbol. That's what it looks like to me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

's cool, just yankin' your chain. :)

And if you require more, how about the Center for Media and Public Affairs.

*does a quick wiki search for Center for Media and Public Affairs
    The Center for Media and Public Affairs (CMPA) is a self-described nonpartisan and nonprofit research and educational organization that is affiliated with George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. It was founded in 1985 by Fox News contributor Dr. S. Robert Lichter and his now ex-wife Dr. Linda Lichter. It publishes a bi-monthly newsletter called Media Monitor.
    :rolleyes:

The Center for Media and Public Affairs (CMPA) is a self-described nonpartisan and nonprofit research and educational organization that is affiliated with George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. It was founded in 1985 by Fox News contributor Dr. S. Robert Lichter and his now ex-wife Dr. Linda Lichter. It publishes a bi-monthly newsletter called Media Monitor.

*does a quick yahoo search for When Was Fox News Created

“The Fox News channel was launched on October 7, 1996.”

Me thinks you got the cart before the horse. Either that or that wiki fella is yankin’ your chain.

Fox News often hires analysis’s from all sides of the political spectrum, including (shutter) nonpartisans.

fox news is a murder, a trial and local business promotion

*does a quick yahoo search for When Was Fox News Created

“The Fox News channel was launched on October 7, 1996.”

Me thinks you got the cart before the horse. Either that or that wiki fella is yankin’ your chain.

Fox News often hires analysis’s from all sides of the political spectrum, including (shutter) nonpartisans.

Why does it matter when fox news was created? He could've become a contributer after he founded the CMPA.

All i'm saying is the non-partisanship of the CMPA can be called into question when it's founder is paid to be a regular contributer to Fox News and the organization itself gets a large amount of its funding from conservative sources.

I can't believe that you actually don't see the bias in Fox's reporting.

I can't believe that you actually don't see the bias in Fox's reporting.

Sure Fox News is biased (feel better now?). Just because FNC tends to lean right, doesn’t mean they didn’t have the most balanced reporting. I guess that just means the bias in the other news outlets has a tendency to affect their reporting far more.

I don’t recall Bret Hume having tingles running up his leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭wildsaffy

Fox News is a legitimate NEWS CHANNEL?

All this time I thought it was a long running joke lol - never took it seriously. If I want to watch news I will turn on a news channel.

Like the time they accused Obama of fathering 2 African American children in wedlock :D (I know, I know.....)

Reading this thread is so depressing. Sounds like there are some here that don't want change.

Change is necessary for the world's survival. Say what you like; the world is in a mess.

If you keep doing the same things you will get the same results.

yada yada yada (yawn.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Its hilarious reading certain posters trashing Fox News refuse to admit that CBS and every other network that cheeleaded for Obama and will continue to kiss his ass are just as biased if not worse than what they make Fox out to be. Then again the left and hypocrisy seem to go hand and hand.

a lot of news telling us why we must fear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yeah, you do need to say more, unless your objective was to prove my point. You attacked the person (Ann Coulter), not her facts or statistics.

Sorry but when stuff like this happens, which is also pure comedy she deserves it.

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=susZ2ceEHwk

I need not say anymore about that witch!
    I recognize you, and I don’t consider you a far left liberal… just a little misguided maybe, but with a good heart.

Why thank you very much. Maybe I find you a bit misguided. But i get where you are coming from. You like a fight so you come here where there are lots of fish to bite on the bait. When this happens your views become more extreme but Id sit back a bit sometimes and re read what you write.

Actually, Fox News was determined to have the fairest reporting of the major US networks in this past presidential election. Yeah CNN was better than MSLSD, but by no means does Time magazine try their best to be fair (just read some of Joe Klein’s pieces to see what I mean). I would suggest that you forget the boob tube for anything other than entertainment, and read http://www.realclearpolitics.com/. It offers information and opinions from the Left, Right, Moderates, Liberals and Conservatives. A balancing act of information will give you the best perspective. And don’t just listen to me, I’m just here to provide a balance to the left’s bias, stoke the fire a bit, and put a little life back into the a category that has become quite boring since the election. But I also wouldn’t automatically discount everything I post either. Hidden in the sarcasm and meanness are some valid points.

I try and get on that site once a web to see whats up. Great site from all angles but it rarely changes my opinion. Ill call a spade a spade or a fool a fool if its left ot right.

Again, so many others do little more here than point fingers, spit bile and hate. Why just disparage me? And what whould you suggest? Who here would ever take me seriously? :rolleyes:

Hate? Quite a strong word! Maybe take a time out now and again. Feel free to talk about Irish politics if you want. Might make a nice distraction for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

i, for one would miss your bias if you were no longer posting here! Take you quite seriously too, most of the time :P

Sorry but when stuff like this happens, which is also pure comedy she deserves it.
    http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=susZ2ceEHwk
    I need not say anymore about that witch!
    You seem to be stuck in a nasty loop. Once again… try shooting the message, not the messenger. Take her last opinion piece (or the one before it, or the one before that, etc) and disprove it… Please.
    Ill call a spade a spade or a fool a fool if its left ot right.
    To quote that famous line from Taxi Driver “You talking to me?”
    Feel free to talk about Irish politics if you want. Might make a nice distraction for you.
    Okay, how about this:
    An Irish politician upon death from too much drink stands before God.
    God addresses the politician and asks "What do you believe in?"
    The Irish politician quickly responds without blinking an eye... "I believe you're in my chair."
    CtrlSource wrote: »
    Take you quite seriously too, most of the time
    Well... that makes one of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

Sure Fox News is biased (feel better now?).
    You have failed to identify the problem Joe. It isn't that Fox is biased so much as the fact that Fox is excrement.

Lirange wrote: »
    You have failed to identify the problem Joe. It isn't that Fox is biased so much as the fact that Fox is excrement.

That's just crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

CtrlSource wrote: »
    i, for one would miss your bias if you were no longer posting here! Take you quite seriously too, most of the time :P

One biased poster on a politics forum is pretty good going though......especially when all the other posters are so even handed and completely free of bias;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Um... what's this thread about again?

Oh yeah: Blagojevich. Going... going... gone.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

It's ironic. especially given the timing and the actual detail of his case. What a load of balony.

This guy in my eyes, was thrown in to deter attention from real corruption in front of your eyes.

Bush administration i.e getting away with all the crimes 10 fold of this guy and gettting a way with a few illegal wars, and on top of this getting away with over a million murders.

Intellegence to me, is someone who is able to spot that with an instant as publicity and defer of the attention on more serious matters. It's all perfect timing. Bush admin on the way out. Throw in an oddball like blagojevich so the masses will focus on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

mysterious wrote: »
    Bush administration i.e getting away with all the crimes 10 fold of this guy

Really
    Care to give us examples ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

mysterious wrote: »
    Bush administration i.e getting away with all the crimes 10 fold of this guy and gettting a way with a few illegal wars, and on top of this getting away with over a million murders.
    They haven't truly gotten away with anything just yet: plenty of time to form a Congressional Committee, or (even better) convene a Grand Jury and toss out a few subpoenas... :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
Advertisement