Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Third Round Jamboree

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Keane should have shot there as opposed to playing Riera in.

Is that Alonso down injured ?

So far Liverpool have looked comfortable but Preston have been pretty limited. Sami must be thinking it's Christmas with all the high balls being hoofed up to the Preston centre-forward, who he has had in his back pocket thus far.

Riera probably leading MOM so far just ahead of Alonso, Gerard and Sami.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yeah just heard that. I'm off to find the nearest canal.

Knowing your luck today it'd be dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

SWP in the Manchester Evening News this week -
    "I am enjoying things immensely, but I am starting to think I am indestructible.

"I get kicked a lot but I take that as a compliment and just get on with it.

"I do spend a lot of time between games getting treatment but touch wood there has been nothing serious so far.

"My philosophy is that if I can run I can play. When you play like I do then you get used to being kicked.

"You get it in one match and then the next it starts all over again. It gets to the point where you almost get immune to it."

The feckin eejit had to go curse it with stupid comments like that.

Lucas for Alonso if injury is anyway serious I'd presume.

Gerrard for Benayoun around the 65 min mark.

Keane for Torres around the 75 min mark perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

3-0 Forest. Great day so far.

:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Lucas on for Alonso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Torres on for Gerrard? (please!)

mike65 wrote: »
    Torres on for Gerrard? (please!)

Not yet...another 15 min:)

rosboy wrote: »
    Not yet...another 15 min:)

Yup especially considering Rafa has already made one substitution

Ooo Agger should have done better there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Keane offside again and still fluffs it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Another shedload of missed chances. At least we are creating all over the place now, but hopefully Preston won't capatilise on it. We really need a second though, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

5starpool wrote: »
    Another shedload of missed chances. At least we are creating all over the place now, but hopefully Preston won't capatilise on it. We really need a second though, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

I do get the feeling that some day we're going to convert all these chances and absolutely spank some side 8-0 or something - probably when Nando is back of course.

Just like the first half Preston looking lively in the first ten minutes - be interesting to see if they keep it up.

Ambitious from Masch there.

Can't wait until he scores again - would expect the celebration to be mental.

Lucas has done well since he came on.

Could do with getting the second rather than giving Preston any glimpses of hope

close enough from Gerrard and then Reira there.

Foul on Carra - clearly not a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

hehehehe poor preston

Good point by commentator on ITV - if the Preston player hadnt fouled Carra it would have been a legitimate goal, and its unlikely Carra could have stopped Ledger

bring on nando

• Advertisement

Good point by commentator on ITV - if the Preston player hadnt fouled Carra it would have been a legitimate goal, and its unlikely Carra could have stopped Ledger

If carra hadnt of pulled down parkin in the 1st place maybe he would have scored etc aunty had balls etc:

Of course there might have been issues with off-side then

Getting a bit lively now

Massive pressure from Preston at the minute.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a player go down from Liverpool for a couple of mins to take the sting out of things.

Alonso up and walking on the sideline - foot in one of those foot cast things so doubt it is too serious

Soft free kick there imo

Nando is back :D:D:D:D:D

DIVE

• Advertisement

DIVE

Might have been but the ref wouldn't have been able to see that.

DIVE

lol 2nd time carra has taken him out after being skinned, should be a yellow.

La liga on now im using this thread for pure unbiased updates on pool match :D

Cavalieri's distribution to restart play is very poor in comparision with Reina.

Tasty touch by Nando there :)

Intensity has dropped the last few mins even if the game is still pretty open.

Preston defence seem to be sitting very deep for fear of being caught out.

Lucas getting through an amount of work - popping up all over the pitch.

Poor decision by ref there - didnt think it was a free at all

Aurelio on for Masch.

Formation more of a 4-5-1 now

Masch didnt have the greatest second half.

• Advertisement

Intensity dropped a good bit now.

Gerrard had another chacne there - didnt really catch it 100% and was straight at the keeper.

Preston ball into box bobbling around - more of a half-chance than anything.

Free into box caught well by Cav.

More nice play by Torres out wide left there:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dirty pro evo cutback.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooal

Keane would have missed that you know ;)

Cracking cup tie some real old fashioned blood and thunder pressure from Preston in the second half but perhaps the energy used up meant they ran out of gas.

GLORIOUS

Gerrard to Torres for the ultimate tap-in in injury time

FT: 2-0

The kid's back:D

mike65 wrote: »
    Goooooooooooooooooooooooal

Keane would have missed that you know ;)

Cracking cup tie some real old fashioned blood and thunder pressure from Preston in the second half but perhaps the energy used up meant they ran out of gas.

Yeah Preston did fade quite a bit in the last 10-15 mins which surprised me as I was expecting to see more of the kitchen-sink being flung at that stage.

Over-joyed to see Fernando back

MOM either Riera or Gerrard - Riera moreso for the first half as didnt have as much of an impact on the 2nd half, Gerrard quality throughout.
    Sami immense and Agger did well especially in the 2nd half.
    Cavalieri improved as the game went on but still clearly 2nd choice.
    Insua very sold performance I thought and it's probably the case that the battle for LB is between himself and Aurelio with Dossena third choice.
    Carra solid but his lack of pace shows yet again why he is unsuited for RB. Alonso - class until the injury which doesnt look that serious.
    Babel - a very unimpressive performance imo - cant see him forcing his way into the first 11 - looked well out-of-sorts.
    Keane - I'd say he'll have to get used to the subs bench for a good while now and I would expect him to be restricted to cameos now Fernando is back.
    Fernando =class.
    Lucas good performance in the 2nd half. I thought we suffered a bit in the centre of the park when Masch's (and even Riera's) performance levels dropped in the 2nd half and Preston stepped it up. In spite of this I thought
    Lucas had another good game.
    Aurelio - not on long enough really.

Go easy, Fernando was on for about 10 mins and you say 'class'.

Ok while it was 20 mins he was on for - pretty much everything he did oozed class particularly the finish for the goal.;)

Forgive me if I'm delighted to see him back playing.

Yeah Preston did fade quite a bit in the last 10-15 mins which surprised me as I was expecting to see more of the kitchen-sink being flung at that stage.

Over-joyed to see Fernando back

MOM either Riera or Gerrard - Riera moreso for the first half as didnt have as much of an impact on the 2nd half, Gerrard quality throughout. Sami immense and Agger did well especially inthe 2nd half. Cavalieri improved as the game when out but still clearly 2nd choice. Insua very sold performance I thought and it's probably the case that the battle for LB is between himself and Aurelio with Dossena third choice. Carra solid but his lack of pace shows yet again why he is unsuited for RB. Alonso - class until the injury which doesnt look that serious. Babel - a very unimpressive performance imo - cant see him forcing his way into the first 11 - looked well out-of-sorts. Keane - I'd say he'll have to get used to the subs bench for a good while now and I would expect him to be restricted to cameos now Fernando is back. Fernando =class. Lucas good performance in the 2nd half. I thought we suffered a bit in the centre of the park when Masch's (and even Riera's) performance levels dropped in the 2nd half and Preston stepped it up. in spite of this I thought
    Lucas had another good game. Aurelio - not on long enough really.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Thought Lucas did ok, but not as good as last two performances.

Babel was extremely poor, and Riera only dipped in the second half because he had to switch to the right while Babel ws given a chance to prove himself on the left.

Thought Insua looked a little nervous in the first half, but overall did well. I think a fit Aurelio is still going to be first choice, but Insua has clearly pushed himself into competition with Dossena for 2nd choice.

Overall, I'm still a little dissapointed with the game today, mainly due to Keane and Babel. Today Keane looked like the player we were seeing 6 weeks ago. Lacked the cutting edge. His squandering of several good chances meant PNE were only a goal down at half time, meaning they could regroup at half time and come out fighting. They really threw everything at us in the second half, but we responded very well and showed some impressive defending....only for Babel to consistently to lose the ball when we got possession and allowing PNE straight back at us.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Great win for Forest today. Not as if we are going to win the FA cup but nice to get a win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

Great win for Forest today. Not as if we are going to win the FA cup but nice to get a win!

your welcome:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Torres is back:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

agreed he's unproven. Torres?? Useless!!

or... maybe you are talking shi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Thats how i feel after my beloved Forest thumped City today. It won't make up for all the pain, embarassment and torture we've had to put up with in the last ten years, but its a refreshing, oh so sweet victory none the less. Feck that ex Sheep shagger Davies, leave Pemberton in charge! 2 wins out of 2 and 6 goals away from home - hard to argue with! Our form of late (Doncaster at home aside) has been much improved, i would expect us to push on from here and finish mid-table, a nice cup run would be welcome too! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

wtf @ citeh. plenty still to do there. dont think they will be a proper CL contending team for about 2/3 years. going to take a lot of jinking and i dont think robinho is gonna stick around. maybe if they pay him enough stupid money. i still rate hughes and would like to see him stay but i still think citeh will turn into a joke. they will sign ppl like marcos senna (maybe) for £20m even tho hes 32 and do other dumba$$ deals. bridge is kinda wat they need but they have a long way to go until they are in villas place... and even then they will have spent 3 times as much and be paying their players far more then they are worth only to be competing where villa are now. they are the type of club that are waiting to have the rug pulled from under them. chelski never had that problem as mr. oligarch abramhovic was extremely clever and made it all about him and put himself in the frame and spent cos he had to, not to make "the greatest football team on earth" but he didnt want to go to russian jail like his mates.

ppl will probably tell me how roman and kenyon are gonna make a profit outta chelski etc. and how citeh are gonna be doing the same too but tbh thats a farce. football clubs are somewhere where u can stay in the public eye and pretty much do wat u like. fifa are sh1te at really controlling affairs as michel platini, an ex f**kin professional football player, proves. just cos u were really really good at football doesnt mean u know the first thing about running how the game works... especially if u have huge bias against english clubs. real madrid are okay tho cos they are a legendary team...

i suppose im dancing around the point here. that being that that the owners of certain clubs actually give a to$$ about the future. gillet & hicks dont, the new citeh owners dont (they will say they will but guzzle that down if ya want), roman does because hes got a sweet deal outta it (being in the public eye makes him hard to throw in jail) freddy sheppard doesnt.... the only exception that seems to have proved me wrong so far is the glazers and that seems to be cos they dont wanna upset old man ferguson, when hes gone tho its gonna be interesting times.
    citeh are going to be very interesting over the next few years. they already got robinho and have the money to attract other unsettled superstars. sure they went out of the cup today but in 2/3 years that will be far bigger news than it is right now. in reality, i dont see them keeping up with chelski and man utds pace and basically becomming a best runner up team. they will displace a top 4 team for sure, but unlike wat villa could actually do and stay for keeps they will just mess it up for anyone who can for the next 4 years and then fade back into the mid table. their owners dont have crazy ex-KGB on their asses, chelski do. boredom will happen and when they realise that their dreams are really just that after all enough will be given to float but never to advance. enjoy it while u can, might get far in the cup next year ;)

Wow, quite a rant there jazzy :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

5starpool wrote: »
    Wow, quite a rant there jazzy :)

yo yeah, was about to say. my last crimbo drunken rant :( back to the real world and more essays.

ah but sure ted, isnt that wat the weekends are for? gettin bladdered and rantin' on football :p

You forgot to tear strips off Randy Lerner!

Why aren't peeps talking more about Chelski? A 1-1 draw at home to Southend Utd is pityful all things considered, its not like Scolairi put out a B team. With all the arguments that are apparently happening in the dressing room and Big Phils combustable personality they look like a team that could impolde.

mayordenis wrote: »
    agreed he's unproven. Torres?? Useless!!

or... maybe you are talking shi?

Where did I say he's useless and unproven. I was merely pointing out he played 15 minutes and didn't really do anything of note apart from score a tap in.

Perhaps you're the one talking shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

0-1 to Villa, Milner with sweet finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

1-1 Gillingham equalise through Jackson. Belting finish.

Game on.

Advertisement