Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Third Round Jamboree

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Absolute shocker of a tackle. Deserved red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Defo straight red, no doubt about it. Dangerous stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

maybe although scholes isnt playing, doesent matter anyway they didnt keep it up, looking like Manchester (thats utd Xavi :D) vs Spurs

nasty tackle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Getting tasty to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Berbatov, Anderson, and Nani are all playing quite well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Poor decision by Linesman allowing that goal to stand, UTD should win it handy now probably 4 or 5 nil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Decent preformances from most united players,O'shea berbatov and nani(for once:) ) doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Villain wrote: »
    Poor decision by Linesman allowing that goal to stand, UTD should win it handy now probably 4 or 5 nil

hope so im in the money if they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Decent preformances from most united players,O'shea berbatov and nani(for once:) ) doing well.

Yeah although I still find Nani's final pass has been somewhat frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Dave! wrote: »
    Berbatov, Anderson, and Nani are all playing quite well

They are but lets not forget Soton are 23rd in the championship. Pity them 3 cannot play consistantly well against the higher quality opposition. Anderson is improving though but still cant shoot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Not a chance is that a penalty

2 - 0

Nani

Peno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"why don't they let Mike Riley take it?" comment of fivelive pundit.

LOL the Ref is making sure Utd will win it easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Good man nani - I take it back :D

• Advertisement

thats an absurd peno decision. I'd like to think Riley favours United, but in reality, we've been on the end of his absurd reffing decisions so many times, that I just can't understand how this man is a top-tier ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Mike Riley...........

Oh dear, not Southamptons day. One offside goal, and a gifted peno that never was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

PHB wrote: »
    thats an absurd peno decision. I'd like to think Riley favors United, but in reality, we've been on the end of his absurd reffing decisions so many times, that I just can't understand how this man is a top-tier ref.

Very much agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

PHB wrote: »
    thats an absurd peno decision. I'd like to think Riley favours United, but in reality, we've been on the end of his absurd reffing decisions so many times, that I just can't understand how this man is a top-tier ref.

+1

• Advertisement

Point proven with a defo foul not given. Just shocking reffing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

well tbh it was just the tune was the exact same and they were only doing it for a short while after the goal afterall the song is only really someones name i.e gabby gabby gabby gabby agbonlahor he likes to score he likes to score, but to the previously mentioned tune

theyre not the words

its gabby gabby gabby gabby gabby agbonlahor, hes fast as ****, hes fast as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Helix wrote: »
    theyre not the words

its gabby gabby gabby gabby gabby agbonlahor, hes fast as ****, hes fast as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

yup thats the unofical and actual song they sing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

there are official versions of terrace songs now? lol

theres no "he likes to score" chant that ive ever heard in villa park anyway

Good to hear songs about Liverpool being sung today even on our day off ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

not surprising Spockety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They're including 'Arry now.

At least thats more of a fun poking one than that other disgraceful rubbish anyway.

Nice finish Gibson

Whats up with defenders and basic stuff? There was a Soton defender a few yards ahead of Gibson, but instead of staying with him so he didnt have a simple tap in like he got , he ran towards Rooney , who already had 2 players running to him and left Gibson on his own. The mind boggles.

I'd love to see him shown the video and ask what exactly was going thrrough his head.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    not suprising Spockety.

Surprising.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

apologies. fixed now.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Whats up with defenders and basic stuff? There was a Soton defender a few yards ahead of Gibson, but instead of staying with him so he didnt have a simple tap in like he got , he ran towards Rooney , who already had 2 players running to him and left Gibson on his own. The mind boggles.

I'd love to see him shown the video and ask what exactly was going thrrough his head.

The most natural instinct in football is the urge to watch the ball and run towards it. It takes a massive amount of mental concentration and abillity to be fully aware of what is going on away from it during times of great stress (i.e. when you are being carved open) and quickly make the correct decision of where you need to be at that instant.

Being able to do it is primarily what separates the Nesta's and Cannavarro's of the footballing world from Championship level central defenders.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The most natural instinct in football is the urge to watch the ball and run towards it. It takes a massive amount of mental concentration and abillity to be fully aware of what is going on away from it during times of great stress (i.e. when you are being carved open) and quickly make the correct decision of where you need to be at that instant.

Being able to do it is primarily what separates the Nesta's and Cannavarro's of the footballing world from Championship level central defenders.

Maybe I'm different though, I just see that as a basic. It's one of the first things I'd expect when payign a guy serious money to be a defender. I mean he even looked over at Gibson while he was running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I haven't seen any games this weekend. Is there a big highlight show on at all tonight?

Well Rooney was certainly up for it when he came on!

Bit disappointed not to see Berbatov, or indeed Rooney, score today.

Jonny Evans looked bogey on a couple of occassions

Happy with the team performance in general though. Obviously not much to be read into it, because Soton were pox, but pleased none the less!

I thought one of the Soton CBs had a good game (dunno his name) and made some important challenges, and their keeper had a good one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,451 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RasTa wrote: »
    I haven't seen any games this weekend. Is there a big highlight show on at all tonight?
    ITV 10.45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I thought one of the Soton CBs had a good game (dunno his name) and made some important challenges,
    was it perry ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I thought one of the Soton CBs had a good game (dunno his name) and made some important challenges, and their keeper had a good one too.

Chris Perry is probably the one you have in mind, he made a fantastic last minute tackle when Carrick was through on goal in the first half. Kelvin Davis made some good saves as well, one in particular against Nani.

Happy with a good few individual performances like Berbatov, Nani and Anderson. Sounds like the ref had a bit of a 'mare with the penalty decision (my stream was a bit too dodgy for any real clarity) but he made the right call with the red card.

Did Wellbeck get injured? My stream went down for a few minutes and when it came back Rooney had come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Chris Perry is probably the one you have in mind, he made a fantastic last minute tackle when Carrick was through on goal in the first half. Kelvin Davis made some good saves as well, one in particular against Nani.

Happy with a good few individual performances like Berbatov, Nani and Anderson. Sounds like the ref had a bit of a 'mare with the penalty decision (my stream was a bit too dodgy for any real clarity
    ) but he made the right call with the red card.

Did Wellbeck get injured? My stream went down for a few minutes and when it came back Rooney had come on.

No i dont think wellback got injured

but it puzzled me that he came off (maybe he's saving him for carling cup)

i taught berba and Anderson played well but Nani i taught was so-so

Tosic was at the match btw

cant wait to see him play,cant be bad as Nani imo

delighted to see Possebon come on too
    should see him for the carling cup match

• Advertisement

Yeah it was Perry

Gibson didn't really impress when he came on, did he? Got a couple of chances to score (before he actually did) and he smacked them all over the place. Is he right-footed? Cos I think they were both on his left

Stekelly wrote: »
    Maybe I'm different though, I just see that as a basic. It's one of the first things I'd expect when payign a guy serious money to be a defender. I mean he even looked over at Gibson while he was running.

Go back to November and watch Spur's second goal against us. Watch Agger closely.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Go back to November and watch Spur's second goal against us. Watch Agger closely.

I'm not sayign it doesnt happen, jsut pisses me off and if I was the manager these are the kind of things I'd be pulling people up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

3-0 Forest. Great day so far.

yyyooouuuuuuu reeeedddssss!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Blyth Spartans against Blackburn has just kicked off. This has nil all written all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

SantryRed wrote: »
    Blyth Spartans against Blackburn has just kicked off. This has nil all written all over it.

on telly?

• Advertisement

Setanta Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Setanta Ireland.

cheers, just stuck it on.

not missing anything anyways.

Blyth are so bad. Most of their players first touches and the likes are so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

LOL at big sam doing an interview mid match!

not missing anything anyways.

Blyth are so bad. Most of their players first touches and the likes are so bad.

Not particularly surprising is it? They are getting men behind the ball and being brave and hardworking though. Some good blocks to keep the score level.

This is Blackburns for the taking. Only a matter of time before they score.

• Advertisement
Advertisement