Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Third Round Jamboree

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Not particularly surprising is it? They are getting men behind the ball and being brave and hardworking though. Some good blocks to keep the score level.

This is Blackburns for the taking. Only a matter of time before they score.

Ah I think they should be better than that though in all fairness. Watching other non league teams over the weekend, they had a lot better ball control than this Blyth team.

Fair play to them getting to half time though.

Blackburn goal coming up here.

Told yas :p

That's all the keepers fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SantryRed wrote: »
    Told yas :p

That's all the keepers fault.

The keeper's positioning was awful, and he reacted slowly. Still a good strike of course - but the commentators claiming that the keeper had "no chance" is bollocks.

Treacy and Derbyshire have been god awful so far tonight, and are largely the reason things remained level for as long as they did.

These interviews during the game are the biggest load of bollocks ever. I'd tell Setanta to go fcuk themselves.

OH MY GOD:eek:

He tried to place that too precisely. They should have a replay in the bag!
    Now another big opportunity. You gotta love this competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

wow talk about a bunch of rubbish games on tonight:p

REARRANGED TIES
    Birmingham 0-0 Wolverhampton
    Cheltenham 0-0 Doncaster
    Histon 0-1 Swansea
    Leyton Orient 0-0 Sheff Utd

REPLAYS
    Bristol City 0-0 Portsmouth
    Burnley 0-0 QPR
    Crewe 1-1 Millwall
    Norwich 0-1 Charlton
    Peterborough 0-0 West Brom 2000 GMT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Great games!

Brum 0 2 Wolves :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

WE WANT ROEDER OUT:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

^^^ Wish granted :D

• Advertisement

Tonights Southend/Chelsea game is on Setanta Ireland and ITV1.

Game off due to fog! :(

No wait - its on again! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Praying it gets called off. Word is, Newky will get shown on ITV if its off.

Come on ref!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat Dolan commentating on Setanta. Say most people will be on UTV so:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Interesting that Joe Kinnear and Phil Brown have been sent to the stands after an altercation.

Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zonal marking only works for Liverpool ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,452 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

SOUTHEND 1 UP!!

Another set piece.

Interesting that Joe Kinnear and Phil Brown have been sent to the stands after an altercation.

Really have mixed feelings about JFK, but for this, he gets a gold star. Effin hate Phil Brown.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

chelsea seem incapable of defending a set piece from anyone anywhere, fecking joke
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

great save by the southend keeper there

Bah! mix up in defence and Ballack equalises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

joe cole looks like he's done some damage to his knee, limps off. Could do without him getting injured.
    :mad:

at least chelsea are 2-1 up now

edit 3-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

three now, le sulk.

Ah well the magic wouldn't last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

For the Ireland followers;

McShane played his 2nd game at centre half for Hull tonight and was supposed to be excellent (other than a mix up with Zayate when they went for the same ball). 2 clean sheets in the 2 games, both FA cup games vs Newcastle. Let him play regularly in the centre beside the right player and he'll suprise a lot of people. :)

Apparantly that was his last game for Hull though. Recalled by Sunderland.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    For the Ireland followers;

McShane played his 2nd game at centre half for Hull tonight and was supposed to be excellent (other than a mix up with Zayate when they went for the same ball). 2 clean sheets in the 2 games, both FA cup games vs Newcastle. Let him play regularly in the centre beside the right player and he'll suprise a lot of people. :)

Apparantly that was his last game for Hull though. Recalled by Sunderland.

In all fairness mate, I wouldn't gauge any player's performance by what they do against our piss poor side.

Michael Owen may be a phenomenal predator, but when he is effectively playing on his own up top, having the ball hoofed upfield to him from defence, he is about as useful as a chocolate mug.

Still though, not many teams have kept clean sheets against Newcastle this season (Arsenal, Chelsea, Boro) and Hull have done it twice in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

good win for Hull.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Still though, not many teams have kept clean sheets against Newcastle this season (Arsenal, Chelsea, Boro) and Hull have done it twice in 2 weeks.

Hull have had won of the worst defensive records in the league mate. You mention their clean sheets against Newcastle but to find their last one prior to that you'd have to go way back to October for a 3-0 victory over West Brom. In that time they've had some real hammerings such as the 5-1 Man City loss where Ireland absolutely murdered McShane for the second goal brushing past him like he wasn't there.

I doubt Hull fans will miss McShane and I really doubt Sunderland fans will be happy to have him back.

• Advertisement

MNG, I think I've said it about 20 times but I don't rate McShane as a right back. And I absolutely don't rate him as a left back where he played against City. He's impressed me hugely at centre half when not partnership rubbish like Danny Higginbottom.

Hull fans will definitely miss McShane if their forum is anything to go by. Considering they've mostly seen him at full back that's some going. Sunderland fans certainly won't want him back.

Hull have kept 2 clean sheets since October. They were McShane's 2 games at centre half. There's a big difference between full back and centre half.

Well I know you are a believer in the guy. I just don't see it myself. I do however hope he gets a decent run in Sunderland's side to see if he has improved since his last spell there.

Advertisement