Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with wireless connections with ipod touch

Options
  • 31-12-2008 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hey,
    I have just recently got an ipod touch and for some reason it cnnot connect to my wireless network at home....every time i enter in the password it says "unable to join network". I have looked up on the net about this and there seems to be a problem with the 2nd generation ipod touches but have not found the solution to the problem yet! :mad:
    Was just wondering has anybody had similar problems and have any suggestions to how to resolve this? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Does your password have a mixture of capital letters and numbers?

If so when you enter the number keyboard, caps lock will be disabled so you need to reenable it when you return to the standard keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 baselines

No its not that....thanks though.
    Thing is it should be a simple matter of entering in the wireless password but for whatever reason is keeps coming up unable to join network!!
    Its really frustrating as it is one of the major benifits of having an i touch :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Turn off password. Worked for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Just got an Ipod Touch 2G too, connected straight to my WPA-AES secured AP without problems, I've got the Buffalo Airstation WHR-G300N. Also, do you have your router's DHCP server enabled? if not, enable it or the Ipod Touch needs the IP and DNS settings etc set manually which would cause it not being able to connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Also check if MAC Address filtering is enabled on your router and add in the MAC Address of the iPod Touch to it.

Failing that, turn off all security on your wireless router and see if the Touch can connect, and go from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭paulski999

As pervious poster mentioned I had to remove MAC filter to get access to wifi, even though I had added mac to allowable list...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

reset your router and power off and on your Touch, I have the same problem with a wifi access point, you may get away with just enabling and disabling wireless on your touch sometimes. - This was not a problem before the upgrade to version 2 of the Touch firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Thought I might revive this thread as I'm having the same problem as the op. I've tried and checked everything on this thread but still getting no joy. I disabled my WPA2/PSK secuirity on my Dlink wireless router and I could connect fine but once I re-enabled it it was back to 'Unable to connect to network'. I also tried changing the channel from 8 to 9 and still nothing. Anyone got some more suggestions?

Advertisement