Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bobalicious93's New Year's Eve Endless Setlist run!!

Options
  • 31-12-2008 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

So, it being New Year's Eve, and me having absolutely nothing better to be doing, I have decided to have a crack at the Endless Setlist 2.

Now, with me being relatively famous on this here forum for drumming, you would expect me to be doing this on drums, however, my pedal decided to just spontaneously snap at the base the other day. :mad:
    Which means I now have to do this on guitar.

I have heard (feel free to correct me) that the ESL2 takes in or around 6 hours to do. With this in mind I would have started around 7pm to finish up around the time of the New Year, but, I have to be up early in the morning (Some ridiculous hour, 4am or something), so I will probably start in or around 3-4 o'clock.

I will be posting here with updates on FC's etc. after maybe every 10 or so songs.

Wish me luck! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Stream it so we can watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Ok... First of all... Good Luck! Are you going for the Bladder of Steel award? If so, then you won't be able to pause it.

Secondly... All base pedals crack like that... I fixed it by using a splint and some duct tape... You can do it too...

Proof that it works perfectly on a base pedal-intensive song... (MAPS - RB1)
    DSC00031.jpg

Underside
    DSC00032.jpg

Thirdly... It will take 6 hours 11 minutes with no breaks or fails.

Here are some tips....
    1. Make sure you can pass the hardest songs before you attempt ESL2
    2. I'd recommend having a Red Bull ready.. It'll help in the long run.
    3. Try to make sure you have as little interupptions as possible.
    4. Make sure that you don't have a deadline.
    5. You should install the game to your Xbox HD before trying.. This'll speed up loading and eliminate any chance of disc read errors.
    6. Make sure you are logged into xbox live and it'll update all your scores at the end. This will mean you don't have to replay stuff later when trying to improve your guitar career score.

EDIT: FYI, I have done ESL2 a total of 4 times now... but sadly, only on vocals :(

Also... Doing this on Expert Guitar will only give you the Platinum Guitar icon... You'll have to re-do it on drums in order to get the drums one :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Ok... First of all... Good Luck! Are you going for the Bladder of Steel award? If so, then you won't be able to pause it.
    No, I'll just try to finish it now, as it's the first time I've played an endless selist of any kind
    Secondly... All base pedals crack like that... I fixed it by using a splint and some duct tape... You can do it too...
    I know its a common problem, but it's not cracked, it's literally snapped and flapping all over the place :D I've looked at ordering one of these http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/05/nykos-metal-pedal-adds-weight-to-your-gaming-drum-kits/ but the release date just says "january", so I'll keep an eye on that one

Thirdly... It will take 6 hours 11 minutes with no breaks or fails.
    :eek:
    Here are some tips....
    1. Make sure you can pass the hardest songs before you attempt ESL2
    2. I'd recommend having a Red Bull ready.. It'll help in the long run.
    3. Try to make sure you have as little interupptions as possible.
    4. Make sure that you don't have a deadline.
    5. You should install the game to your Xbox HD before trying.. This'll speed up loading and eliminate any chance of disc read errors.
    6. Make sure you are logged into xbox live and it'll update all your scores at the end. This will mean you don't have to replay stuff later when trying to improve your guitar career score.

1. I can fairly handily, but I might struggle after 5 hours play
    2. Ewwwww... Ribena and Sprite mixed FTW!! :D (Try it)
    3. May be a problem as I'm going on holiday and I've gotta pack:D
    4. No, but I'd hope to have it finished well before 10pm
    5. Did it straight after I bought the game, though I can't really tell if it makes much of a difference as I didn't play it before installing
    6. I'll be logged in, though my broadband has been a bit on the blink lately and has found a habit of randomly disconnecting at times, though I'm not all that bothered, so long as I get my platinum guitarist icon :cool:

ok, I'm starting, wish me luck. :D

• Advertisement

AAAAGGGGHHHH I DONT F***ING BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!

my yellow button just completely died out on me. Just at the start of E-Pro. AAAGGGHHHH!!!!! 4 FC's under my belt and now this happens.

Did I mention AAAGAGHHGHHH!!!!!!

AAAAGGGGHHHH I DONT F***ING BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!

my yellow button just completely died out on me. Just at the start of E-Pro. AAAGGGHHHH!!!!! 4 FC's under my belt and now this happens.

Did I mention AAAGAGHHGHHH!!!!!!

Pull off the neck and reconnect it... That sometimes fixes it.

I've looked at ordering one of these http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/05/nykos-metal-pedal-adds-weight-to-your-gaming-drum-kits/ but the release date just says "january", so I'll keep an eye on that one

How about this one... would cost about €53 before shipping. They should ship to ireland, but you'll have to ask them. It's a lot better than the cheapo Nyko one too.
    http://www.rockpedal.com/

OR

I might be able to hook you up with a modded REAL bass pedal for about €50. PM or phone me if interested... You could pop out to my house and try before buying if you want. (and play some rb2 in the process ;) ) These things cost about €80 new and unmodded, so it's WELL worth it... I would only sell it to a good friend though (especially if I know it'd get used a lot)
    :eek:

6hours 11 mins is not that bad tbh... I thought it would before my first playthrough, but after doing it 4 times, it's pretty easy.
    1. I can fairly handily, but I might struggle after 5 hours play
    2. Ewwwww... Ribena and Sprite mixed FTW!! :D (Try it)
    3. May be a problem as I'm going on holiday and I've gotta pack:D
    4. No, but I'd hope to have it finished well before 10pm
    5. Did it straight after I bought the game, though I can't really tell if it makes much of a difference as I didn't play it before installing
    6. I'll be logged in, though my broadband has been a bit on the blink lately and has found a habit of randomly disconnecting at times, though I'm not all that bothered, so long as I get my platinum guitarist icon :cool:

1. Struggle after 5 hours - that's why I said you should drink Red Bull
    2. Ribena & Sprite are nice, but no good for this as you'd most likely sugar crash after 3+ hours and that's when you feel crappy. Red Bull has sugar, but more importantly, it has Caffeine, Vit B12, and Taurine... All of which are stimulants and will keep you alert, awake, energetic, and possibly giddy. I got some drink thing in america which I've recently found out is banned in Ireland due to it having too much Vitamin B12... Woooooo :D (it contains Taurine, Caffeine, Nitrous Oxide, Vit B12 (2000% of RDA), and Maltodextrin... pretty scary)
    3. I wouldn't attempt ESL2 if you have a deadline.

Well that plan has gone out the window anyway. I can't pull out the neck because it's a Les Paul, and I hate the Strat, so I'll have to try this again some other time unfortunately :(

I have already checked out that rock pedal thing, but I just think its too much too spend on just a pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Cully wrote: »
    I might be able to hook you up with a modded REAL bass pedal for about €50. PM or phone me if interested... You could pop out to my house and try before buying if you want. (and play some rb2 in the process ;) ) These things cost about €80 new and unmodded, so it's WELL worth it... I would only sell it to a good friend though (especially if I know it'd get used a lot)

If Rob doesn't want it I'm interested! Is this the one you had the time I was over?

• Advertisement

If Rob doesn't want it I'm interested! Is this the one you had the time I was over?

Yes it is the awesome one you saw... It cost me €150 to buy and there's no point in keeping it cos I have the electronic set now.... Will sell for €50... It hasn't been used very much.

You might have to buy foam beaters from time to time though.. but those should cost less than €1 each from a Drum Shop (or just buy foam and cut it yourself)... This is the little foam thing that you stick on the top...

EDIT: Also, because it's a normal bass pedal, it can be used on a normal drumkit as well as the rock band one... :/ also... it worked on my friends RB for Wii and RB for PS3...

Advertisement