Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown spoilers for the next two weeks........

• 31-12-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭

Oh no, if its Edge v Jeff at the rumble which by the way should be awesome then common sense indicates Super Hunter is in another bloody Mania main event…..:(:(:(:(:(
    It looks like they have not acknowledged the Maryse thing yet by the way, Helms return is also a bit anti climatic isn’t it?
    Dark Match:
    * R-Truth b. Ryan Braddock
    - R-Truth comes out to a big pop. Braddock comes out to a little heat. Truth gets the win via pinfall after a scissor kick.

WWE SmackDown: (Airing Friday)
    * Jim Ross and Tazz come out to do commentary.

* SmackDown begins with Justin Roberts in the ring. He announces Vickie Guerrero and she comes out to lots of heat. She announced that Jeff Hardy will face Edge at Royal Rumble for the WWE Championship. When she is about to leave, Triple H comes out. He receives a huge pop from the live audience. Hunter wishes Vickie a Happy New Year and then asks her about the Royal Rumble entrants. He makes fun of her until she gives in and lets him in the rumble. He then says she has nude pictures on eBay. Vickie runs out of the ring to the back.

* An Umaga return promo video is shown.

* The Great Khali & Finlay b. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins
    - Hornswoggle comes to the ring with Finlay. The Great Khali comes out to a new entrance theme with Ranjin Singh. Khali gets the win with the Khali Bomb. After the match Finlay & Hornswoggle beat up on Ryder & Hawkins. The Great Khali, Ranjin Singh, Finlay, and Hornswoggle all dance in the ring.

* Eve interviews Michelle McCool. She blames Maria for her loss. Eve asks her to apologize and she refuses.

* Vickie and Edge are backstage talking about her nude photos. Big Show says he's seem them. Show and Edge get in an argument.

* The Brian Kendrick & Ezekiel Jackson b. Jesse & Festus
    - Ezekiel Jackson hits his finisher on Jesse and gets the win via pinfall.

* Vladimir Kozlov b. Hurricane Helms
    - Quick match. Kozlov gets the win with his chokeslam finisher. Several boring chants are heard throughout the crowd.

* A Behind Enemy Lines video promo is shown.

* Another Tribute to the Troops video package is shown.

* Jim Ross is in the ring and announces that Triple H, Big Show, Vladimir Kozlov, and Shelton Benjamin are in the Royal Rumble. Benjamin comes out and says he should be announced as the winner and that no one compares to him. The Undertaker comes out a chokeslams him. Taker receives a huge pop.

* A Kizarney promo is shown. It says he will debut tonight.

* Michelle McCool apologizes to Maria and Eve. She then attacks Eve with the microphone.

* Vickie Guerrero & Chavo are backstage. Triple H interrupts. Vickie tells Hunter that he's going to compete in a Triple Jeopardy Match on next week's SmackDown: 1) A Table Match 2) A Handicap Match 3) A Last Man Standing Match

* Kizarny b. MVP in a short match.
    - Lots of boring chants are heard throughout the arena.

* Ken Kennedy comes out a cuts a promo. He makes fun of MVP and talks about Behind Enemy Lines.

* A Royal Rumble preview is shown.

* Edge comes out and cuts a promo saying that Jeff Hardy is an embarrassment as WWE Champion. He says after the Rumble that he will be WWE Champion. Edge says he gets blamed for everything but when Jeff loses - blame him. This leads to Matt & Jeff Hardy vs. Big Show & Edge.

* WWE Champion Jeff Hardy & ECW Champion Matt Hardy b. Edge & Big Show
    - Matt Hardy hit Twist of Fate and Jeff hit the Swanton to get the three count.

WWE SmackDown: (AAIRING FRIDAY WEEK)
    * John Morrison vs. Triple H in a Table Match is up first.

* Triple H b. John Morrison in a Table Match
    - Triple H got the win by putting John Morrison through a table. The Miz came out and distracted Hunter while Chavo attacked him from behind. They through him through a table. The refs help Hunter to the back.

* Vickie tells Triple H backstage that he has one match down, three to go.

* The Undertaker b. Shelton Benjamin with a Tombstone.

* The Bella Twins b. Victoria & Michelle McCool
    - Typical divas match. The twins win via pinfall. After the match Michelle attacks Victoria with her finisher.

* Triple Jeopardy Match 2: Triple H b. The Miz & Chavo Guerrero in a Handicap Match
    - Triple H gets the win after hitting a pedigree on The Miz. After the match, Vickie is shown on the screen saying that Hunter has two down one to go. She says his next match will be a Last Man Standing match against Big Show.

* MVP's V.I.P. Lounge is up next with Ken Kennedy as the special guest. Kennedy calls for the mic. He says that it's embarrassing how MVP comes out every week and loses. Kennedy says he is trying to inspire MVP to stop losing. MVP gets mad. The ring crew comes in and takes away the furniture. Kennedy makes fun saying that it's being repossessed and that things can be worse. The Boogeyman comes out from under the ring and slams MVP. MVP retreats.

* Carlito & Primo Colon b. The Brian Kendrick & Ezekiel Jackson to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship
    - Carlito hits the backstabber on The Brian Kendrick and gets the win via pinfall.

* Triple Jeopardy Match 3: The Big Show b. Triple H in a Last Man Standing Match
    - Big Show dominates early on. The crowd brings Triple H to life. He finally reverses Big Show and hits a pedigree. He gets a 9 count and Big Show gets up. Hunter knocks Big Show back out for a 8 count. Big Show finally gets back up and chokeslams Hunter through the announce table. He gets up after the 9 count. Big Show delivers a knockout punch to get the 10 count. This concludes SmackDown.

Dark Main Event:
    * WWE Champion Jeff Hardy b. Edge to retain the title.
    - Jeff gets the win following a Swanton Bomb.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

That 2nd show is ridiculous. Jeff Hardy is the champion and he's not even on the show! Unless the person who wrote the review left out a segment or something. Seems like that whole week is centered around Triple H - just goes to show that even when he doesn't have the belt, he still gets pushed as the biggest star.

Good to hear they havn't acknowledged the Maryse injury yet, maybe she'll be back soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I wouldn't rule out the same match at Mania because they face each other at the Rumble.

Maryse dislocated her kneecap and apparantly the injury is not as bad as had first seemed. She could well be back on the Smackdown that is aired after these two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is Christian suppose to be on SD this week - explaining Jeff's absence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

JP Liz wrote: »
    Is Christian suupose to be on SD this week - explaining Jeff's absence?

Here you go, I dont think we will see the driver if this goes ahead though, he still has not signed I dont think.
    For those who asked about rumors of a "hit and run" angle being inserted into tomorrow's Smackdown involving WWE champ Jeff Hardy and his fiance Beth, after speaking to someone who saw the final, edited episode, I can confirm that is the direction you'll see on Friday's episode.
    http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=35683&p=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Worst fake cop ever hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Holy ****!

Kennedy is orange!

He has a stupid goatee too!

Agreed

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

I know its a fake incident, but what cop radios in that an ambulance is not required?! Its a crash scene - of course its required!

As for Kennedy - he looks like he has just been tango'd!

What was the point of the cell phone footage the guy was standing feet from them if it does turn out to be of any significance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I watched Smackdown for the first time in what must be around 8 months or so. I thought I'd give my thoughts...

- Considering the show started by telling me I'd be treated to three matches featuring SuperHunter (glad his ego is still as out of control as ever) I'd like to commend myself for sticking with the show. I knew how this match was going to go. A burial job by Supes. What disappointed me was how he's managed to get all those sheep...oops I mean fans to do that bowing down gesture for him. I suspose some will defend him on the grounds that this is to do with his 'king of kings' persona and not how I'd view it - a lame and cheap way of making himself feel like a legendary wrestler. At least I got to enjoy Chavo shoving his ass into a table. Take that you knob.

- Taker vs Shelton...seriously please change Taker's persona as it's beyond stale at this point. No prizes for guessing the outcome of this one either. It was an OK match.

- Twins! No idea about these two but I like! Also, why the hell is Michelle 'I'm loving life' McCool doing a Styles Clash? Aaaargh.

- SuperHunter beats up two guys. Some things never change eh? I hate this guy.

- No idea what's going on with MVP. A losing streak? Is he a babyface now? This just confused me really. Also Kennedy's beard is beyond stupid.

- Carlito is a babyface again? Damn. Tag match was alright. Didn't blow me away or anything. Nothing on this show did.

- The main event, well this was was vintage SuperHunter. He gets chokeslammed through a damn table and he still comes back for more. What strength from a guy who was now on his third match eh?:rolleyes: I was starting to think Big Show would have to rummage under the ring for some Kryptonite but luckily his punch did the trick on the guy who had wrestled THREE MATCHES. This whole thing reminded me of No Mercy in '07 when Orton won the gold from SuperHunter who had earlier beaten him and Umaga. F*ck's sake does he need to wrestle three matches to become vulnerable?

That Jeff Hardy storyline was stupid as well. I doubt I'll watch next week tbh. From Tazz's bullsh*t about SuperHunter having 'the heart of a champion, heart of a lion' I suspect we are in for another Wrestlemania title match for the McMahon son-in-law. Didn't see Maria either. Thumbs down for this show!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 shuggashugga

crowd were silent throughout..you could see it was the second show that night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

em you know the way you're not "allowed" use a closed fist, how come Big Shows new finisher is a punch?

And people say TNA expect their fans to be stupid?!!

Closed fist is no longer illegal in WWE it was a last man standing match anyway

EdK wrote: »
    Closed fist is no longer illegal in WWE it was a last man standing match anyway

Since when is it no illegal? i know it was last man standing but he's been using it for a few weeks in normal matches

it came in on the sly a few months back to give them more options on finishes, using knockout finishes etc and to make striking more acceptable like in MMA etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

amull87 wrote: »
    Since when is it no illegal? i know it was last man standing but he's been using it for a few weeks in normal matches

Are you really going to start trying to discuss the continuity in the WWE? :p

ive been trying to figure it out for a while now.

yeah i know it's stupid but it's the little things like that which really bug me. i've seen a few people talking about taking the audiences intelligence for granted around here.

having said that my point is nullified if it is legal now, oh well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Yeah that camera phone footage is a bit weird. Are the three of them supposed to be blind or what?

The cop did address whoever it was with the camera phone put if it does turn out to be the person who ran them off the road they would have to be blind because I saw nothing on the phone footage that wasn't on the supposed cop cam

Advertisement