Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Netopia 3347 wireless router

Options
  • 31-12-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've started having problems with my WLAN at home. It has been working fine for 2/3 years, but a few days ago it became unavailable from all devices (two laptops and a PC). The SSID just doesn't appear in the network list at all.

I can connect to it using ethernet, so I have reset it to factory settings a couple of times which works for about a day but then the connection drops again.

I've tried changing the channel but that doesn't work. The only recent change I can think of is that I plugged in our Wii for the first time in ages.

The network is set up to broadcast the SSID and I am using PSK for security.

Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Problem a problem with the router. They arn't the best, and the radio cards can wear out. I doubt its a problem with the Wii. Unless its conflicting with an IP etc, but the chances of that are remote.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Any new wireless networks in the area?

Any other wireless devices added lately?

Looks more like a problem with the router though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks for the replies. No new networks that I can see, and the Wii is the only device that's been connected - but that had been on the network before, but just not used much.

If it's probably a problem with the router, it's not the end of the world though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi folks - just to report that I got a new netgear router (recommended in another thread here) from eBay and everything's working fine now. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement