Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Integra type r - how to tell if it is not a replica?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

gline wrote: »
    not many "cars" do rev to vtech standards, doesnt mean they are ****.
    i am just looking for something quicker than a standard car, doesnt have to be a high revving animal, i already had an mr2 and that was damn quick and fast accelerating and not at high revs, but i dont necessarily need something like that again, i got rid of it because of petrol costs.
    how bad are the integra's on juice? the mr2 used to be like 19-25mpg

If its cars that dont rev to 9k that you want then make it a petrol turbo ;)

Ashas been said the cars are completely different, drive a ITR then drive a tdi golf and you'll realise how slow the golf is compared to the ITR, even the Golf GTi is slow compared to an ITR.

As for petrol costs.

The tank in my UKDM ITR holds around 44 litres and i get 180 - 200 miles per tank in it and thats with a fair bit of VTEC fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

hmm so pretty bad mpg on the itr :( Used to get about 220 miles out of the mr2 that was around 50litres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

hmm so pretty bad mpg on the itr :( Used to get about 220 miles out of the mr2 that was around 50litres

Well it depends how you drive the ITR. On average i would get about 250 miles to a tank, but i've got less than 200 miles before and also more than 300 miles before from a tank.

If you fancy sitting in a passenger seat of an ITR and seeing how they go, i will bring you out in mine some night if you want

you could easily get 220+ miles out if the ITR if your doing motorway miles or keep her out of VTEC, it just so happens i have a lovely road for using VTEC on the way to college everyday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

draffodx wrote: »
    you could easily get 220+ miles out if the ITR if your doing motorway miles or keep her out of VTEC, it just so happens i have a lovely road for using VTEC on the way to college everyday :D

And also.....vtec is addictive :P

• Advertisement

Bryn wrote: »
    And also.....vtec is addictive :P

it is! they should have a support group for people addicted to VTEC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

it would be drivin on m50 every day, mostly motorway miles all the time. and i dont have a lead right foot :p hmmm so maybe it would not be so bad. when does the vtech kick in? what rpm on a standard itr?

it would be drivin on m50 every day, mostly motorway miles all the time. and i dont have a lead right foot :p hmmm so maybe it would not be so bad. when does the vtech kick in? what rpm on a standard itr?

5800 rpm but when your looking at the rev counter it will seem as if its 6000 rpm

you really have to take a spin or test drive in one to see what there like, you have to use the revs to get the power out of them as they have very little torque before VTECH

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

VTEC -

vtec.JPG

VTECH -

vtech4.jpg

if i was you, i would take up the offers of the lads above and go for a spin in one of their ITR's, that way you get a feel for how the car drives and if youyr comfortable with the engine note, and charactistics (sp)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

draffodx wrote:
    might be taking mine out when i'm finished college in march, i'll pm ya to see if you want it!
    Bryn wrote: »
    Cool, let me know ;)
    See what you did there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jesus i must take off my stickers now or people will think i'm driving a replica!

theres a good few differences between 96 and 98 spec integras too.

dont touch one that has had the VTEC point changed over, when its changed the fueling and air mix is wrong and the VTEC point is set at the optimum point from the factory anyway.

the ukdm version has 10 less bhp than the jap version but it does have a better final drive in the gearbox, better security as standard, air conditioning and is way easier to insure (€800 for me)

you should register on http://www.itr-dc2.com loads of information there

Proven best VTEC point when you are tuning the ITR is around the 5200 RPM mark.
    Not all changed VTEC points are wrong, If you change the VTEC point and don't set the air/fuel mix your engine won't last long. And most of the ITR's I have seen with the VTEC point changed are all set 100% correctly.

From what I remember all Jap ITR-s have Air Con as standard.

5800 rpm but when your looking at the rev counter it will seem as if its 6000 rpm

you really have to take a spin or test drive in one to see what there like, you have to use the revs to get the power out of them as they have very little torque before VTECH

Actually the Jap ITR is set to 5600RPM and If I remember rightly the UK one is set to 5800RPM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

ClioV6 wrote: »
    oh ffs, stfu.

do please,

go to mac donalds, get a teg burger, with some vtec sauce :rolleyes:

also since when is being Bluntly honest such a bad thing, if everything was " oh so nice " all day long... you'd all shoot yerselfs with bordum...

no need to thank me.

????????

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Not all changed VTEC points are wrong, If you change the VTEC point and don't set the air/fuel mix your engine won't last long. And most of the ITR's I have seen with the VTEC point changed are all set 100% correctly.

Actually the Jap ITR is set to 5600RPM and If I remember rightly the UK one is set to 5800RPM.

all vtec engines are set to 5800rpm, it just looks like 6000rpm as your looking at the car clocks.

if you fit an apexi RSM to your car and set the flash setting to start at 5800rpm, then you'll see the flash starting exactly at the same time as the 2nd camshaft kicks in!

also the vtec point on eachh car will be different, as in when i had my car mapped the best point for performance increase was 5400rpm.

S.I.R wrote: »
    do please,

also since when is being Bluntly honest such a bad thing, if everything was " oh so nice " all day long... you'd all shoot yerselfs with bordum...

no need to thank me.

problem was you were not being honest, just talking crap imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

kceire wrote: »
    all vtec engines are set to 5800rpm, it just looks like 6000rpm as your looking at the car clocks.

if you fit an apexi RSM to your car and set the flash setting to start at 5800rpm, then you'll see the flash starting exactly at the same time as the 2nd camshaft kicks in!

also the vtec point on eachh car will be different, as in when i had my car mapped the best point for performance increase was 5400rpm.

I have an RSM fitted and she was kicking in on the 5600RPM mark, also on of the lads was the very same. VTEC point wasn't lowered in either car at this point.

Yes the VTEC point would be different on each car depending on the tuning parts used. I have seen it around the place that the average best is 5200rpm. The range was around 4800 - 5600 so mid point in there is 5200 and that would make that your average. ;)

type R's generally have the stickers removed... its rather role reversal...

non R's have the stickers...

Real's remove them...

quite weird but hey, thats just from my own exp with ricers. :rolleyes:

I don't know about that one mate, I have seen real R's with the proper stickers. Fair enough if your making a replica then you will try make it as real as possible but nobody that I know with a real type-r are going to remove their stickers.

I have an RSM fitted and she was kicking in on the 5600RPM mark, also on of the lads was the very same. VTEC point wasn't lowered in either car at this point.

Yes the VTEC point would be different on each car depending on the tuning parts used. I have seen it around the place that the average best is 5200rpm. The range was around 4800 - 5600 so mid point in there is 5200 and that would make that your average. ;)

very very strange, honda made the B18 engine along with all the other B series engines to kick in at 5800rpm.

i know for a fact that RSM cannot adjust the vtec point of engagement, so are you sure it wasnt running some sort of aftermarket ECU or unichip remap etc etc?

heres a good type R write up.

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/DC2Type-R_comparison.html

A spoon ecu will decrease the VTEC point to 5200 and will adjust the air/fuel ratio appropiattely and push the rev limiter up higher.

this is not the optimum point for VTEC though, this will make your car slightly faster but will decrease the engines life expectancy, the optimum point is set from the factory to give the car enough power while making sure the engine does not suffer.

A spoon ecu will decrease the VTEC point to 5200 and will adjust the air/fuel ratio appropiattely and push the rev limiter up higher.

this is not the optimum point for VTEC though, this will make your car slightly faster but will decrease the engines life expectancy, the optimum point is set from the factory to give the car enough power while making sure the engine does not suffer.

The VTEC point on a JDM is 5600 indeed

are you sure?
    i bought my JDM version completely standard, right down to the air filter, being a standard honda flat panel item and my vtec point was 5800rpm???

• Advertisement

are you sure?
    i bought my JDM version completely standard, right down to the air filter, being a standard honda flat panel item and my vtec point was 5800rpm???

removed that from my post cos I was searching the net and found 5600 but have since found some conflicting views and posts so I dunno, might have to start a thread on itr-dc2.com to clear things up

removed that from my post cos I was searching the net and found 5600 but have since found some conflicting views and posts so I dunno, might have to start a thread on itr-dc2.com to clear things up

i know yeah, heres the original fact book from japan about the JDM ITR

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.honda.co.jp%2Ffactbook%2Fauto%2FINTEGRA%2F19950824%2F&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en

004-005.gif

this image seems to suggest 5700rpm for a 96 spec R

004-005.gif

i was looking at that, i think vtec engagement is a bit of a grey area now!!!!:eek:

maybe theres no vtec point at all and its all in our heads LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

do please,

no need to thank me.

wtf are you on about?

Seriously, you do nothing but talk crap in the forums all day.
    You pretend you're a mechanic who has drove every single car on the road and they're all ****e.
    When not too long ago you were talking about getting your first car.. ha

You're full of crap man, get out of motors please.

very very strange, honda made the B18 engine along with all the other B series engines to kick in at 5800rpm.

i know for a fact that RSM cannot adjust the vtec point of engagement, so are you sure it wasnt running some sort of aftermarket ECU or unichip remap etc etc?

heres a good type R write up.

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/DC2Type-R_comparison.html

It also has a Vtec controller but that was disabled and set back to standard.

It varies depending on the tuning, a standard teg's will be factory set but if you start adding parts then the optimal vtec point will vary.
    004-005.gif

If you look at the image its kicking in before the 5700rpm mark so it may just start its kick at 5600.

It also has a Vtec controller but that was disabled and set back to standard.

It varies depending on the tuning, a standard teg's will be factory set but if you start adding parts then the optimal vtec point will vary.

If you look at the image its kicking in before the 5700rpm mark so it may just start its kick at 5600.

a genuine spoon ECU CANNOT be altered, it is a pre determined map set in stone by the spoon guys. thats why it works best with a full spoon exhaust system, decat and spoon drop in filter. maybe a few other things like better plugs etc etc.

also, the 2nd cam profile will begin to change at 5500rpm but doesnt kick in until 5800, you canactually hear a slight change in engine note from 5500 on but vtec will still be in full swing at 5800rpm.

Question
    Ok, following on from a thread on another forum where a user asked about information on an Integra Type R a debate has broken out as to whether there is a difference between the VTEC crossover points on a JDM car and a UKDM car.

I have a ukdm car and mine kicks in at 5800RPM another poster had a standard jdm car and he believes his kicks in at 5800RPM too but another poster also with a standard jdm believes it kicks in at 5600RPM as standard.

So was just wondering if there the same at 5800 as I beleived they were or is there actually a difference between the UKDM and the JDM.

Answer
    They are the same

Good enough for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Lads what do you think of this, seriously tempted for a second car... beside my TDI!! :)

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Honda/Integra/200850191155049/advert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Its way to cheap, has to be a scam.

Advertisement