Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Integra type r - how to tell if it is not a replica?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Lads what do you think of this, seriously tempted for a second car... beside my TDI!! :)

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Honda/Integra/200850191155049/advert

€2200!!! :eek:

Something seriously wrong with that car if he's selling it at that price, even if it needs to be vrt'd it's worth way more.

If somethings too good to be true it usually is, I'd be very wary of that car, get lots of checks done on it both mechanically and financially

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yeh looks like a total scam, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Damn! Sorry just seen the phone number 003531887873 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Seems like a legit number to me. 00353 is the country code for Ireland and the 1 means its a Dublin number.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ARGINITE wrote: »
    Seems like a legit number to me. 00353 is the country code for Ireland and the 1 means its a Dublin number.

Yeah but the number is missing one more digit.

• Advertisement

heheeh so it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

I will give it a ring on skype and see what happens :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Cunning very cunning..cheers will have to wait a few more years then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

There is something seriously dodgy about that car. The owner has it down under details as a 1.7, doesn't say anywhere that it's a type r, apart from the picture of the badge from the inside which he could have got from anywhere.....and there is no type r wheel in it :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ARGINITE wrote: »
    I will give it a ring on skype and see what happens :)

you will not get through, its a big fat scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    first off, its way too cheap even for an english reg car.

few details wrong including engine size.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gem25x

oh please get the itr!!!!!!!!!!

all you have to do is drive one once, wait for a nice stretch of road, keeps revs low, drop her down one and floor it - you'll feel vtec kickin in and that will be it - you'll be in love.
    Drove my buddys one back from waterford one day to cork - I was always goin on bout honda heads bla bla bla (me being a devout toyota girl;)) and i have to say i got outta the car in cork and thought sh!t i gotta have one! trust me you'll enjoy every vtec minute!!:D

gem25x wrote: »
    oh please get the itr!!!!!!!!!!

all you have to do is drive one once, wait for a nice stretch of road, keeps revs low, drop her down one and floor it - you'll feel vtec kickin in and that will be it - you'll be in love.
    Drove my buddys one back from waterford one day to cork - I was always goin on bout honda heads bla bla bla (me being a devout toyota girl;)) and i have to say i got outta the car in cork and thought sh!t i gotta have one! trust me you'll enjoy every vtec minute!!:D

thats all very well, but vtec isnt everything, i also want reasonable MPG, and im sure it will be hard to find a cheap enough itr that hasnt been rallied around :)

its actually looking like a TDI car now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

gline wrote: »

boooo

thats all very well, but vtec isnt everything, i also want reasonable MPG, and im sure it will be hard to find a cheap enough itr that hasnt been rallied around :)

You will regret it if you get a TDI!! Integra's are very reliable cars, even if they have been driven a bit hard from time to time, they still go keep going strong once regularily serviced. As i said earlier in the thread, if you fancy a seat in the passenger seat i will bring you for a drive and you can see what you think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gem25x

WAT??????????? who told you vtec wasnt everything????? lol

on a serious note, jap cars most especially hondas and toyotas will put up with a fair bit of dogging before they die on you. my buddy had a savage ITR, never drove the bottom out of it and any time he did the dog he used to change the oil next day - bit extreme i know but he was a true honda head, there are poeple around who will look after their cars but youll end up payin a bit more i agree.

but take advice given - go for a spin in the ITR or drive one yourself preferrably cause you will be sorry if you buy the TDI:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You'll seriously regret going down the boring diesel route, the integra is a race spec car, its one of the cars everyone should own in there lives and the smile you get per mile far outweighs any concerns you'd have about mpg!

Drive one and you will not want anything else.

draffodx wrote: »
    You'll seriously regret going down the boring diesel route, the integra is a race spec car, its one of the cars everyone should own in there lives and the smile you get per mile far outweighs any concerns you'd have about mpg!

Drive one and you will not want anything else.

+1. Totally agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bryan Griffin

Ditto on all the pro-ITR comments so far! ITR's are considered by a serious amount of heads to be the best-built FWD coupe ever built! As far as reliability is concerned, I've never actually heard of a teg going to an early grave - unless, of course, a tree has walked out in front of one ;)
    Vtec Honda's are built for performance...they are made for hard driving! As long as you keep the oil topped up, you're laughin! Having said that, if you can control the Vtec addiction which WILL consume you, you'd be surprised with the mileage you'll get. As for the Golfs, VW's are prone to little niggly electrical problems (constantly blowing bulbs, etc) and you just dont get the same enjoyment out of driving a bread van :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BleedTheF!FtH

Buy a teggy, although they are kinda a boy racers car..
    If i were u i would get a dc5..
    Boy racers cant afford them lol.
    I personally hate diesels..

Advertisement