Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Likely damage after slight bump??

Options
  • 31-12-2008 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

The driver behind me wasn't quick enough on the brakes at a roundabout entrance last night and gave myself and my girlfriend a good bump. It wasn't a serious thump and there was no sound of anything crunching or breaking. We moved down the road and I have the drivers details, neither of us could see any damage in the dark, seemed like only slight scratching, but I said I'd have it looked at and be in touch if there was anything amiss....now after all that....I'm just wondering what to get checked if the car looks fine at the back, plastic skirt seems to have taken the contact, and is slightly scratched but hasn't shifted, looks lined up with other parts as it was before, and the boot opens and closes fine?? Is it still worth pulling into a garage somewhere and asking them to put it up and have a quick look underneath?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Only if you are concerned about the damage. To damage the chassis of the car you would have to do some serious damage and it would be very noticable.

My advice. If you are happy/content with the slight scratch and not interested in persuing this then leave well enough alone. If the damage is to the plastic skirt you could get it replaced at the other drivers cost. A garage will charge around €100 for an inspection because they know that most people go through Insurance and this cost is covered under Insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

Check the spare wheel well to make sure there is no sign of damage in there, sometimes those springy bumpers can hide the damage.

Advertisement