Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth falling out

Options
  • 31-12-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

I've had this dream a few times. Basically I'll be going about a normal day, when suddenly one of my teeth feels loose. I'd prod at it with my tounge, and it would fall out, and gradually they would all become loose and fall out. Once I woke up after looking in a mirror with all the blood/loose teeth dripping out of my mouth, and once I woke up after spitting all the blood/teeth into my hand and looking at it. Each time, I wake up with a huge sense of dread, and immediately check if my teeth are ok :P

I remember someone telling me that this dream is meaningful, but I dont really put much stock in things like dreams. Just thought this forum could use a toothless dream.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think it means you care how you look and how other people see you. Something to do with vanity?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Disonyxiated

I've had that once or twice. Pretty scary thing to think about, I just put it down to the fact that I've had a few fillings in the past & am araid of getting more! It usually scares me into brushing my teeth twice as much for a few weeks (,")

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

Not to cast any aspersions on you but ... do you have this dream in the night or 2 following a night out perhaps??
    2 of my siblings say they have this dream after they've been out on the town for a night!!
    I myself have had this dream once - and it WAS after a night out.
    Scary one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

teeth are the first and best weapons any animal gets for survival.. they are also essential to eating, or at least were when we were hunter gatherers..

teeth loss dreams are about being weaponless/defenceless (or at least partly) in life..

no i wouldnt put too much stock in my dreams either, it's only something all animals do every night of their lives.. i'm sure theres no point to it at all :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

My grandparents were Italian and they used to tell me that in Italy it is considered a bad omen to dream of teeth falling out because it has to do with the death of a relative. My poor grandmother used to wake up very upset every time she had a dream like that.

Thank God nothing bad ever happened after a dream like that.

I wouldn't worry about it too much tho; surely it has something to do with how you are feeling at that moment or with some kind of worry you have on your mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

i heard its something to do with money fears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 NoSummer

A friend of mine always has that dream, Im sure she would like to see what develops from it. Ill pass her the link...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

This happens to me quiet frequently.... /me watches the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Go to the dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I had that dream a good few times, I figured it was because I have to get a permanent tooth taken out in the near future and I spent a long time dreading it. Now I've come to accept it, and I haven't had the dream since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭WonderAmy

Hey all,
    I had a similar dream not so long ago, I was out with friends and got lost. while I was looking for my friends and walking along a river on a wooden bridge, my teeth started to fall out,
    I have no idea why I had this dream but I was told that i was worrying about something. So now anytime that I am worried about something/anything I will have a dream about all my teeth falling out.It does get scary because it is related to something total different and nothing to what I am worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

I was reading about this in religion in school, apperently it means your not getting into somehting like "not getting your teath into it" like if you are having trouble with school work and are worried about falling behind or you just dont get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I had this dream for years. Having read up on it, it is one of two things -

1: Anxiety about something. Could be money worries, job worries, something trivial

2: You are afraid to speak up about something/shyness among strangers.

Now that might be a load of old bollocks, as personally I am one of the most laid back people you are ever likely to meet, so thats knocks out the first one, and I am also about the least shy person you are ever likely to meet.

It is a crappy dream though. I had it so many times in so many different scenarios. Its disgusting. Gladly I have not had it in a few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Ive had this dream more times than i can remember. Maybe all you guys are looking into this too much. I care for my teeth and the worst thing could happen to me would be my teeth falling out. Its just a bit of a nightmare of worst case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

teeth falling out usually means anxiety or you may be stressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

It's a classic anxiety dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

I have this dream sometimes too, it's a really weird one to have.

This may be horsesh!t but I read recently that in dreams your teeth represent words and that your teeth falling out means either that you said something you shouldn't have or regret or that you need to say something but you don't know how to.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i had this dream on friday night.

i had a big exam on saturday morning , that i was very worried about - so probably a stress dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 murphious

Teeth falling out in a dream = insecurity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Manuk

I used to have this dream quite frequently, though as I had never been to the dentist in my life (aged 21) I was worried all my teeth were rotten and in need of surgery...

Turns out they're fine, and I don't have this dream anymore (or almost never at any rate).

I dreamt about a map of the world with the size of countries changed to reflect their GDP last night though, was very strange... I wasn't even reading anything about economics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭tubedude

I went through a period where I regularly had this dream where my mouth would tense up and my teeth would clench together so hard that they would just break and fall out of my mouth. I can remember the feeling like this intense kind of pressure on my teeth, horrible...I always wake up relieved to discover I am actually fine....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Had this the other day myself, very nasty dream. When i need to be up early for stuff that i am not looking forward to i get very anxious so from the above replies maybe that explains it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

this is probably the most common dream. mainly people going through changes in their life, being uncertain, concerned about failing, how others see them etc

give us a smile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cagefan

Ive also had this dream, but mines a little more freaky..I feel something in my mouth and when I go to take it out..its like a really long disjointed bone or tusk her something. And as I take one out another appears...its pretty freaky..would like to know what it means..altho I dont really believe in that stuff but would be interesting to hear the take on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭iHeartRyanAdams

when i have that dream all the teeth just make this cracking popping noise and fall into my hamds and disintegrate into dust or sand..
    and its always when im surrounded by a big crowd and they all point and laugh!:(
    i hate the feeling when you wake up and you think they're gone... *shivers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rosy-bee

I have that dream AT LEAST once a week!!! I have to say though I never read anything into it... I put it down to the fact that I am obsessed with my teeth! I had braces for a few years and now that they're off I keep worrying that my teeth are moving back (ever so slightly) to being crooked. In the dream I notice that one tooth has turned sideways and then as I look in the mirror I see that they are all crooked again - although waaaayyyy worse than my teeth actually were! If I touch them they fall out... it's so realistic though, even though I have the dream so often I am still totally convinced each time!

Back when I did have the braces on I used to have a dream about chewing gum a few times a week (I wasn't supposed to eat chewing gum!). I would notice that all of sudden I was chewing some gum and then it would get all tangled in the braces... then when I tried to pull it out with my fingers my mouth would just keep filling up with more and more gum until I was choking!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

SOmetimes these dreams can be caused by teeth grinding while sleeping, a bog standard mouthguard will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ash:)

God i had this dream durin the week! Im doin the leavin cert so stress and anxiety kinda make sense!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Anything to do with teeth grinding? Quite common.Must Google that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

WonderAmy wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I had a similar dream not so long ago, I was out with friends and got lost. while I was looking for my friends and walking along a river on a wooden bridge, my teeth started to fall out,
    I have no idea why I had this dream but I was told that i was worrying about something. So now anytime that I am worried about something/anything I will have a dream about all my teeth falling out.It does get scary because it is related to something total different and nothing to what I am worried about.

Huh, that's odd. I had a dream that all my teeth fell out while walking along a bridge too, a regular stone one though. Awful dream though. I'm really careful about my teeth. Losing/breaking even one of my teeth is a fear of mine :(

Advertisement