Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet connection required for some wii games?

Options
  • 31-12-2008 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

this might be more suitable in the nintendo forums but it seemed more like a general consumer issue.

my niece got a nintendo wii for christmas and also got 6 games including animal crossing which will not play on the wii console. she went back to Xtravision but they were unhelpful simply telling her that "she needed the internet to play some wii games".

having looked at the game and read all the information on the cover and inside it does not state anywhere that an internet connection is required for playing the game but it does state the internet is required for "online" gameplay.

surely if it is a case that an internet connection is required to make the game play at all this should have been explained at the time the game was bought? surely it should state clearly that it is an online game and not a console game?

has anyone come across this? can anyone give advice as i know nothing about the wii or the games and searched the nintendo site but information i got there suggests a problem with the console?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Thats rubbish and they were just trying to get rid of you in the shop. You do not need the internet to play Animal Crossing, only if you want to do the online play bit and have people visit the village, as you correctly assumed.

It could be that the wii needs to be connected to the internet for an update to play the game, but usually any updates required are included on the disc itself. If all the other games are working ok and you have checked that all updates are done then its the disc itself is at fault, so bring it back for a replacement.

Under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act you are entitled to a repair, replacement or refund, at the discretion of the retailer. In this case I suspect a replacement would be the first step. Don't let them pass you off.

Advertisement