Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky viewers vote Liverpool players the best in all areas.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Draupnir wrote: »
    On the positive side of things, at least this will help fill a few spaces in that extra large trophy cabinet Liverpool bought in 1989! :D

Joking aside, this is an Internet poll and is about as valid as the one were the dubliners won that BBC best song of all time poll. I'd imagine we could find a Liverpool forum somewhere that had an organized voting syndicate going!

I agree with Xavi, this does not deserve it's an thread either.

That was the Wolfe Tones. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Stekelly wrote: »
    They were always likely to find their natural level after some over achieving years.

We'd have to go a few years without winnong anything at all before I'd even start to get worried.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Ste, you don't really think that Leeds found their natural level do you? As Liverpool fans like to point out when it suits them, football existed before the Premier League! The 1960's and 1970's were good times to be Leeds.

I wouldn't have said it will take a good few years without winning anything for any club to end up in Leeds situation, all it will take is a dodgy owner or banking collapse.

redout wrote: »
    That was the Wolfe Tones. :)

Internet polls indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Draupnir wrote: »
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Ste, you don't really think that Leeds found their natural level do you? As Liverpool fans like to point out when it suits them, football existed before the Premier League! The 1960's and 1970's were good times to be Leeds.

I wouldn't have said it will take a good few years without winning anything for any club to end up in Leeds situation, all it will take is a dodgy owner or banking collapse.

This would seem to be the case at Liverpool if the rumours about Gillette and Hicks needing to stump up the cash for the loans repayments to RBS pretty soon are true.;)

This would seem to be the case at Liverpool if the rumours about Gillette and Hicks needing to stump up the cash for the loans repayments to RBS pretty soon are true.;)

I certainly hope that never happens to any of the old, big clubs (Liverpool, United, Everton, Arsenal, Spurs). I mean football is crap enough at the best of times without a couple of these disappearing and being replaced by MK Dons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Fine I'll go on the calendar year then.

Ronaldo<<<<<<<<<<<Gerrard

That ok?

Funny symbols >>>>>>>>>>> Xavi's journalistic skill:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Premierships - none

na nana naaa na, we're better than you

Oh no your not

Yeah we are, sure your the scum

We won it 5 times, oh we won it 5 times

Shut up you manc

Build a bomfire put the scousers on the top

Its 3 in the morning, aye but its breakfast time back home

Rafa, Rafael, Rafa, Rafael

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

RasTa wrote: »
    I'm still pissed off about the no vote!

You don't say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Mr Alan wrote: »
    tbf....Rio shoulda won the defender award.
    tbf...Vidic shoulda won the defender award. Rio only gets more headlines because he's English. Vidic does a hell of a lot more work at the back, making Rio look good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

syngindub wrote: »
    tbf...Vidic shoulda won the defender award. Rio only gets more headlines because he's English. Vidic does a hell of a lot more work at the back, making Rio look good.

Oh, for ****Sake. Do people not realise it's Vidic's job to do the hardwork whilst it's Rio Ferdinand's to clean up in behind.

I couldn't give a flying f**k about United but it frustrates me when people say this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Hardcore pool fan but TBH lol at carra being voted best defender. The lad is pure heart but best defender :). as for the other two Gerrard's can be argued but Torres wins hands down as the best forward.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Oh, for ****Sake. Do people not realise it's Vidic's job to do the hardwork whilst it's Rio Ferdinand's to clean up in behind.
    Vidic doing the hardwork because Rio is incapable of doing it, precisely why i think he's better. Don't lose the head over it

Vidic doing the hardwork because Rio is incapable of doing it, precisely why i think he's better. Don't lose the head over it

:pac: No it's not.

So is Carvalho a rubbish defender too?

Carvalho is a very classy player and appreciate what he has to offer. I believe vidic is better than Rio. end of

Carvalho is a very classy player and appreciate what he has to offer. I believe vidic is better than Rio. end of

Fair enough so.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Just further emphasising how long it's been since gerrard could be deemed better than Ronaldo.

Thats bollix, he has been far better than ronaldo this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

SantryRed wrote: »
    :pac: No it's not.

So is Carvalho a rubbish defender too?

Who said Ferdinand is rubbish?

Vidic being a better defender and more important to Utd's team doesnt mean Ferdinand is crap and no one has said it does.

Every team would be made up of their best player then 10 crap ones if thats the case.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Martin Laursen FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I still haven't a clue what the Lisbon Treaty is about.

I don't even know where Phibsboro is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Good time to be a Liverpool fan....

Also I see there is a sale in Asics tracksuit bottoms, good times for the Scouse. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Boggles wrote: »
    Also I see there is a sale in Asics tracksuit bottoms, good times for the Scouse. :pac:

Good time to be a manc too, just won the world club championship and with the falling sterling prawn sandwiches are getting well cheap up the north :)

Boggles wrote: »

Nice. I better get out soon so.

Can people stop changing the subject here pretty please. The three lads got the votes from the people. All that counts - thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ferdinand Ronaldo and Torres imo

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Best defender, midfielder and striker?? Should be all United players really... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

id probably go with;
    Rio, Gerrard, Ronaldo
    or else
    Rio, Ronaldo, Torres
    depending on how Ronaldo is viewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well the problem with polls like this is that its more a mark of who is voting rather than actual truth. Carragher is way down the pecking order of defenders in the prem but there is no way a liverpool fan will vote for a united or chelsea player.

In my opinion Carvalho is the best defender in the world never mind the prem but again how many scousers will vote for him over Carragher? None.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Why don't we have our own polls to settle the matter? :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Why don't we have our own polls to settle the matter? :)

Because nobody is big enough to see over their own fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Because nobody is big enough to see over their own fence.

If nothing else, it will give a pretty good idea of who has more fans on the forum - Man Utd. or Liverpool.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

iregk wrote: »
    Well the problem with polls like this is that its more a mark of who is voting rather than actual truth. Carragher is way down the pecking order of defenders in the prem but there is no way a liverpool fan will vote for a united or chelsea player.

In my opinion Carvalho is the best defender in the world never mind the prem but again how many scousers will vote for him over Carragher? None.

Emmm i would. That blows your arguement wide open does'nt it :)

Neville, Fletcher, Berbatov for me, 3 exceptional players:pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

abelard wrote: »
    If nothing else, it will give a pretty good idea of who has more fans on the forum - Man Utd. or Liverpool.....

On my quite unscientific method of number of posts in the superthreads over the last few years, it looks like a Liverpool in in this category too. Then again, maybe we just like an argument discussion more. :pac:

Advertisement