Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA Credit card switch ???

Options
  • 31-12-2008 4:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭

Folks does anyone know what/if there is any drawback or snag to swithing from a Bank of irl credit card to these guys,the no interest on redit transfers for 10 mnths is very tempting and 14.9 % thereafter.

thanks in advane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

thetyreman wrote: »
    Folks does anyone know what/if there is any drawback or snag to swithing from a Bank of irl credit card to these guys,the no interest on redit transfers for 10 mnths is very tempting and 14.9 % thereafter.

thanks in advane

The Financial Regulator has a site with some comparisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

To be honest thetyreman, you can do a lot better than 14.9%.

Check out that site that Gerard Keating linked you to.

Also, keep an eye out for offers from the banks. They often offer cash incentives and reduced or no interest over a specific period to entice you in.

Personally, I went with AIB's Click Visa. No interest free period, but one of the lowest overall rates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Yea Mick i see on the F R site,your AIB one is 8.5 per which is very good and the lowest,might go with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

If you are looking to pay off your balance go for the 0% offer from MBNA. If you are planning on still using a card for retail purchases go for a card with a overall low APR.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭El Camino

I also seen this MBNA offer. I currently have an MBNA card. Does this apply to all. I was thinking of switching my AIB card balance to MBNA. Are there any other offers out there at the moment that would allow me to switch both of my cards to another card and avail of 0% balance transfer fee?

• Advertisement
Advertisement