Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car warehouse in Longford

Options
  • 31-12-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see this?

I passed through Longford yesterday, and from the road all i saw was what look like burnt out Fiat vans... Coming home today i said i'd stop for a look and was shocked at what i saw. I'll show ye this one but leave ye in suspense as the rest upload lol:D

IMG_0654.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

IMG_0656.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

recession + fire + insurance = pay day
    now im not saying thats what happened but with the econimic climate its going to get more common

TGi666 wrote: »
    now im not saying thats what happened but with the econimic climate its going to get more common

Don't worry that's what i thought as well. This is what i get for buying a good camera, photobucket takes an hour to upload them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

TGi666 wrote: »

Noticed a lot more warehouse fires in recent months. Is that what is called a fire sale? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yup. Im thinking Insurance as well. Nobody was going to buy that stock anyway. Fiats, I mean come on.

Sorry Myob but its true.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Happened a few weeks ago, word around the town is that its an insurance job. One of the lads that works for the fire brigade said that they didn't try to even put it out because everything was catching so quickly they wouldn't have been able to put it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

In the past couple of months there has been an abnormally large amount of fires in businesses which seem to be suffering from the recession, alot more than say last year when things were rosey. I suppose it could be pot luck.

Had to resize the pics, 12 megapixels taking to long to upload lol.

Saab 93 convertible.
    IMG_0659.jpg

Porsche Boxter
    IMG_0657.jpg

Porsche 944 Convertible
    IMG_0658copy.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

From what i could see from behind the fence there was a 5 series and a Honda Accord estate. Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

Berty wrote: »
    Yup. Im thinking Insurance as well. Nobody was going to buy that stock anyway. Fiats, I mean come on.

Sorry Myob but its true.

Afaik this firm were doing mainly camper vans, so (were) more desirable than your average Fiat. They had some ex UK cars as well, hence the convertible pics. Working out of an almost new warehouse.

I would imagine that the market for camper vans is nothing like as good as it was ? Campers are very much a luxury purchase ... not like a car that you need to get you to work.

• Advertisement

lifer_sean wrote: »
    Afaik this firm were doing mainly camper vans, so (were) more desirable than your average Fiat. They had some ex UK cars as well, hence the convertible pics. Working out of an almost new warehouse.

I would imagine that the market for camper vans is nothing like as good as it was ? Campers are very much a luxury purchase ... not like a car that you need to get you to work.

I thought as much that they were campers, with the windows on them. I wish i'd went in behind the fence and got a few more snaps. Ah sure

• Registered Users Posts: 65,461 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There's a lot of speculation here, folks. Let's leave it to the Gardai to investigate if they decide to do so...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement