Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Boards Qualifying League 2 - New Players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Had some serious rage3 last night.

Started off against shuperchambo i think his anme is, was 1-0 up and cruising was looking like it was going to be a win. Then game dsiconnected and figured I'd won, opponent dropped. Find theres a 3-0 victory for opponent. Was freaking.

Then i play someone who was juventus, got 4-0 up and was cruising and somehow he managed to come back 4-4, was a good game but i was fuming i let him back into it.

Then i played a third game against another man u opponent. Horrible host, was lagging constantly and was unbearable to play, but didnt quit. Went 2-0 down and got back 2-2 with bout 4 real time minutes to go, then i had a ****ing mega lag spike, when the game resumes normal speed i find im 3-2.

Wasnt impressed at all with my games last night, got some serious rage. Shoulda got 3 wins and threw it away.

Have to say gm2 invited me to club game that i thoroughly nejoyed. RichieMUFC got himself a lovely hatrick, and it felt rewarding setting up two. However i missed 2 1v1 in that match, and the following match we drew i also missed an easy chance.

But looks like me and richie might be able to work something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Yeah, enjoyed that alright, you set me up with 2 I think and I repaid the favor with 1. Its hard to know when to shoot alright with the Be a pro cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Yeah, enjoyed that alright, you set me up with 2 I think and I repaid the favor with 1. Its hard to know when to shoot alright with the Be a pro cam.

switch to the Tele cam. It's so much easier.

switch to the Tele cam. It's so much easier.

Might try it, but does that mean that if you are far away from the ball, that the camera will only follow the player, or, only follow the ball? Or it will it zoom out to show both?

Hate when you can't see the ball when you use the normal Pro Evolution camera on BAL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Might try it, but does that mean that if you are far away from the ball, that the camera will only follow the player, or, only follow the ball? Or it will it zoom out to show both?

Hate when you can't see the ball when you use the normal Pro Evolution camera on BAL

You can toggle between player or ball by pressing 'select'

I had some serious lag issues last night playing, don't know what was going on!!! I didn't impress anyway!! :(

• Advertisement

Sorry to anyone who was sending me invites last night I was tied up with The Boards Fifa club. Ill be playing league matches from 6-8 tonight so if anyone wants to play me please invite during those 2 hours. Cheers

Mr Moon wrote: »
    You can toggle between player or ball by pressing 'select'

I had some serious lag issues last night playing, don't know what was going on!!! I didn't impress anyway!! :(

I don't think anyone impressed last night. I was seriously off colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Had some serious rage3 last night.

Started off against shuperchambo i think his anme is, was 1-0 up and cruising was looking like it was going to be a win. Then game dsiconnected and figured I'd won, opponent dropped. Find theres a 3-0 victory for opponent. Was freaking.

Then i play someone who was juventus, got 4-0 up and was cruising and somehow he managed to come back 4-4, was a good game but i was fuming i let him back into it.

Then i played a third game against another man u opponent. Horrible host, was lagging constantly and was unbearable to play, but didnt quit. Went 2-0 down and got back 2-2 with bout 4 real time minutes to go, then i had a ****ing mega lag spike, when the game resumes normal speed i find im 3-2.

Wasnt impressed at all with my games last night, got some serious rage. Shoulda got 3 wins and threw it away.

Have to say gm2 invited me to club game that i thoroughly nejoyed. RichieMUFC got himself a lovely hatrick, and it felt rewarding setting up two. However i missed 2 1v1 in that match, and the following match we drew i also missed an easy chance.

yeah that was me(neilHimself) that was juventus. Couldn believe i got back from 4-0 down. Was screaming the house down everytime you scored(i dont use the mike sometimes on account of my 'FIFA rage'!!). I had given up until i pulled one back then thought i might give it a go.. Super game though

it was, my da was in the room and was giving me fierce abuse. I could imagine what you were like when you got back 4-4. After you pulled one back i got a bit nervous and tried to get a 5th, led to me leaking another and my dad said " your a twonk, hes going to get two more" and long and behold :D

Seriously epic play, dont wish for more results like that though :) A true game of two halves as they say. Didnt I hit a snap shot on the crossbar or something in the dieing seconds? coulda been another game.

yeah you hit the bar, if it went in i would have put the controller through the screen!! Took me about half hour to calm down after that one...!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

dohertg5 wrote: »
    beat Denarse who only had 10 men in the second half!

theContraceptor 4 - 0 Denarse

You throughougly demolished me - got Agger sent off midway through the first half (last man, but honest attempt to win the ball, quite unlucky really :pac:) but then you put me to the sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Axwell wrote: »
    Install it to your hard drive, you might be lucky enough that the bit thats scratched isnt needed for the initial loading

Sorry, I'm new to the this, how do I do that??

Edit: Found out, and tried it. Got to 2% when it said it 'can't read this disc, clean it etc!?'

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm new to the this, how do I do that??

Go to myxbox (i think its called im away from the xbox), then across to games library, click on fifa and you will get 3 options, 1 is install to the hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dohertg5

7 games today. 5 wins, a draw and what has to be the worst game of fifa i've ever played and prob the worst result in the league (8 - 1 to G M E 27!) shamed i am, shamed.

theContraceptor 3-0 BFassassin

theContraceptor 1-1 colmise (great close game, could have gone either way)

theContraceptor 5-2 kromula

theContraceptor 1-8 G M E 27 (!!!! you absolutely annialated me! )

theContraceptor 3-1 randomnamez

theContraceptor 4-3 SuperChambo (amazing game! stole it right at the end! deloira)

theContraceptor 7-1 alligator0wine (nearly made up for the embarassment earlier!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

SantryRed wrote: »
    2 more games for me.

Ben SFC 6-1 duffy ftw

Ugh, lob through ball past the defenders killed me.

People are really good here! I need to practice more :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

didnt have the best of evening last night.. a 1-1 draw with the theContraceptor was the highlight, was a great game.

Then was hammered 6-0 by neilHimself, tho it gave me a goal when he scored so in the league its down as 5-1. The commentary said my defender scored an o.g. and then gave me the goal.

And lost 3-1 to SuperChambo, didnt play very well that match either

Its all good fun tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Just joined last night I know i'm leavin it late - GAMERTAG: Dublin CRUCIFIER

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    I'm very happy with the conduct thus far in this league and is exactly what we are looking for on Boards. I have heard nothing that makes me concerned so well done so far.

I think the biggest complaint (but a good complaint to have) about the leagues at the moment is that there are going to be a huge number of players when we amalgamate both leagues-close to 60 which is an incredible number!

With that in mind, I have to make some tough decisions. I'm not going to cut anyone out of the league system entirely but I may need to run a third league, below the Championship and this will consist of many of the play players currently in this league. Another idea would be to let this league run for 6 weeks and begin a separate league with the old players, with the amalgamation happening after this league.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

sounds good

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm very happy with the conduct thus far in this league and is exactly what we are looking for on Boards. I have heard nothing that makes me concerned so well done so far.

I think the biggest complaint (but a good complaint to have) about the leagues at the moment is that there are going to be a huge number of players when we amalgamate both leagues-close to 60 which is an incredible number!

With that in mind, I have to make some tough decisions. I'm not going to cut anyone out of the league system entirely but I may need to run a third league, below the Championship and this will consist of many of the play players currently in this league. Another idea would be to let this league run for 6 weeks and begin a separate league with the old players, with the amalgamation happening after this league.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I think 3 leagues is the way to go if there are that many players.
    Do you want any help with the admin of the league or anything? It seems a huge undertaking, i've plenty of free time if you do.

• Advertisement

I dont mind being in the bottom league, in fairness I'm just here to play irish people. Last two nights ive played some shocking football. I want to work on my consistency and just build my skill level up.

So really I dont mind what happens aslong as I'm playing within the boards community.

Which may i add is a sterling league and a great bunch of players. Greatest of manners, no quitting , no dirty play. And after most games I get a GG msg of some sort from opponents.

Credit to yourselves great bunch of players.

It would be a huge shame to exclude anyone from this league. Everyone i played has been a great sport, not once has anybody quit early. Id say do whatever needs to be done to include everyone...
    Fair play to you fg. I think everyone appreciates the time you put into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

+1 to the comments above, thanks for all the work FutureGuy! Going by my current form ill be in the bottom league by default :) No problem at all with that, just so long as Im playing people off boards

Well lads, I do agree with the comments above about not excluding people but there are a couple of things..... we'll have 60 people nearly in this league. In Season 1 we had 28. We had one guy who quit completely (when you quit the league table gets updated so he never existed so that ruined the in-game table). We had one guy who was a complete arse. We had 2 guys who played hardly any games (disappeared off the face of the earth - one without any notice at all - one PM'ed FG after a few weeks saying he wasnt playing anymore). We had at least 3 games I can think of, off the top of my head where people quit, and we had people taking out the last man.

The point I'm trying to make is: all of that happened with just 28 players, and we have more than double that number now. We now have like 40 new players too.

Most of us who tried to play all our games, didn't get every game completed for one reason or another. If even one player doesn't finish his games then the whole things goes to shi!t and ruins it for the rest of us.

We had (loads of) people complaining about how United vs Chelsea was unfair, because United are so good. While this is obviously complain horse manure... could you imagine the complaints if you are the 60th weakest team in the game vs United or Barca?

I'm sure most of the lads will be sound enough but you're always going to have 1 guy, especially in such a huge number of people who makes an arse of the whole thing. Especially if someone has a weak team, they lose a few games, they may not want to finish it, most will, but it takes one guy to fcuk it up the arse.

I think we should maybe have 32 teams, divide into 2 leagues as planned, and pick the teams the way FG has already ranked the players.

Maybe run a separate league for the rest of the new guys so everyone plays in some sort of league and nobody is excluded? Could have the top couple of guys in each league playoff in some sort of champions league?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I'll be on from now till 5ish
    Haven't even got a single game in yet, haven't had a spare second this week.
    Gamertag: ZippyIJK

I noticed the "online" tick is beside some of your names and when I look at your gamercard it says you're offline?
    Also is the no way to send a game invite then go play myself until you're ready or do I have to sit in that silly waiting screen?

lafors wrote: »
    Also is the no way to send a game invite then go play myself until you're ready or do I have to sit in that silly waiting screen?

I think its possible to put the session on standby until someone joins, press B to back out of the game and then it should be one of the options. Not sure how it works tbh. Its an option when you create your own ranked game anyways, I'm sure itst here for the league games too....

(Are you brought back to it when someone joins even if your in a match?).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Played (if you want to call it that) a couple of games this afternoon.
    First was vs theContraceptor who hammered me 5-0.
    I got a man sent off straight away for a tackle in the middle of the pitch, the ref waved play on and then gave a red card a minute later!
    It was 1-0 at half time, I think he might have been letting his little sister play me in the first half ;) Then he took over and trounced me.

Second was vs kromula.
    Was 4-1 to him, should have been 10-1.
    I had a peno at 2-1 down to make it a draw and he saved it.
    All went downhill from there.

May have lost but they were good craic.

yeah its all about the fun really. I've lost some games that have caused rage but i just have a laugh afterwards.

With mics its seriously fun, though there will be a time when i roar after a goal haha :)

Lads, Headin away this weekend so will be offline until monday. Ill finish the rest of my games then. In the meantime if anybody ive played wants a re match send me a friend request and we will play next week.

Cheers
    Neilhimself

• Advertisement

dohertg5 wrote: »
    7 games today. 5 wins, a draw and what has to be the worst game of fifa i've ever played and prob the worst result in the league (8 - 1 to G M E 27!) shamed i am, shamed. 1-8 G M E 27

I think not DublinCRUCIFIER 0-8 wonderboysam. . . . . I am the one who is shamed. . . Good 2-2 draw with Brian1971

Advertisement