Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Boards Qualifying League 2 - New Players

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I've had three loses in this league where I didnt disconnect, yet opponent gets 3-0 win, very annoyed.

I feel your pain Sir! I had three loses in Season 1 and two of them happened when I randomly got disconnected from the EA Servers while I was winning games well into the second half.

Happened again in the practice league. I'm not impressed at all. Who is your ISP? Magnet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I'll be on for the majoirty of the day to play games. Send us an invite when you're on for a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Eircom

Its a complete bug though, cause i didnt even disconnect from the Ea servers i was straight back into the league standing screen.

Obscure...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    The format for the new leagues starting soon is being finalised...we will be running 2 separate leagues, each with 2 divisions.

They will be The Premiership, The Championship, Serie A and Serie B.

The Premiership and Championship will comprise of 22 teams from Boards season 1 along with 6 picks from the current league. Serie A and Serie B will consist of players from the current qualifying league, divided into 2 divisions based on skill.

I will be messaging 3 people who have been selected to join the Championship tonight-please keep an eyeout
    !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

My results so far:

Deysha 0-3 kromula
    Deysha 0-3 v1rg1|
    Deysha 6-1 theContraceptor
    Deysha 3-2 MarkSRFC90

I'll be on for a while to get some matches in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    The format for the new leagues starting soon is being finalised...we will be running 2 separate leagues, each with 2 divisions.

They will be The Premiership, The Championship, Serie A and Serie B.

The Premiership and Championship will comprise of 22 teams from Boards season 1 along with 6 picks from the current league. Serie A and Serie B will consist of players from the current qualifying league, divided into 2 divisions based on skill.

I will be messaging 3 people who have been selected to join the Championship tonight-please keep an eyeout
    !
    Sounds to me like a good fair way of doing it.
    Keep up the good work FG

Deysha 3 v 2 MarkSRFC90
    neilHimself 2 v 2 MarkSRFC90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

neilHimself 2-2 MarkSRFC90 (threw it away in 90minute - great game)
    neilHimself 5-2 Deysha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

28 points from a possible 33 so far. Not bad:D

Had problems connecting the past two nights which is why I haven't got anymore games played yet. Might be on for a while after 24 tonight if anyones on:pac:

About 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

I won two games last night.
    SantryRed wrote: »
    28 points from a possible 33 so far. Not bad:D

Had problems connecting the past two nights which is why I haven't got anymore games played yet. Might be on for a while after 24 tonight if anyones on:pac:

About 11.

Yeah i'll be around after 11 for a bit :)

• Advertisement

Anyone know the plan of action now with the setup for the new league. Who were teams chosen from this league for Prem/Championship etc..? When will this league finish up? What will happen in Serie B as the bottom 13 teams have currently played 6 games or less so i would imagine it will annoying to get them online for a league game?

Ill be on today from 4 for couple games!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

winston82 wrote: »
    Who were teams chosen from this league for Prem/Championship etc..?

Right, I had a good look over everything and I decided that we would only take 2 players to the Premiership/Championship (1 each). The player to join the Championship was BFAssassin, who was chosen randomly from 4 candidates.
    When will this league finish up?
    I'm going to let it run until Friday week I think. There are lots of people with only a handful of games played, but there are just as many who have only started playing.
    What will happen in Serie B as the bottom 13 teams have currently played 6 games or less so i would imagine it will annoying to get them online for a league game?

I will be choosing players for Serie A/B based on many things, most importantly the number of games actually played. If they haven't shown enough commitment to playing, they wont be included. With 30 players in the league, you'd definately need 15 games played, and possibly 20.[/QUOTE]

Sorry lads I've been tied up with the Boards club the last few days again.

I'm not in work today so if anyone in the league wants to play me Ill be on for most of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

joined the league last nit, only played 3 games so far. I'll b on for most of the day if anyone wants to play cuz i need to catch up.

Games so far
    TuneTuneTuner 0 - 1 neilhimself
    Two defences very strong throughout with few clearcut chances but an early goal was enough to take the win.
    goliago 2 - 6 TuneTuneTuner
    Went three up in the first 10mins, but took the foot off the accelerator towards the end of the first half and goliago got it back to 3 - 2. Very tight 2nd half up until a last 15mins when i got 3.
    BFassassin 0 - 8 TuneTuneTuner
    Went in 3 - 0 at the the break, managed to cap off a good performance with 5 more in the 2nd half against a 9man Athletico.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

That game you just destroyed me tunetunetuner. Ill admit I was fairly beaten but unfortunately I had to hand the controller over to my brother in the second half while I had to talk to a stupid survey woman at the door :(
    I think it was 5-0 at that stage so the damage was already done.
    Ill have to add that my 2 sendings off were both for two yellow cards so im not a dirty player.

Deysha 2-5 neilHimself
    Deysha 4-3 BFassassin
    Deysha 3-2 TuneTuneTuner

Two very closes games just now, both of which I managed to sneak the winning goal near the end.

Still need to do a lot of work though, especially my finishing at times which is pretty woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

i should be online later from about 8 if anyone fancies a game or two,

TuneTuneTuner 3 - 4 G M E 27

The best game Ive played in so far. Tune took and early lead but I eventually went 3-1 up then 3-2, 4-2 and then Tune got one right at the end to make it 4-3. luckily he got the 3rd goal so late because I would have been under some fierce pressure at the back if the match went on any longer.

Great Game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Only managed to join this last night as I was on holiday but have played a few games so far. A couple of close games but a few were I've been badly outclassed as well :( :eek:

looking forward to playing more though, all games have been played in a good spirit so far

goliago 0 0 superchambo
    tunetuneturner 6 2 goliago
    deysha 0 1 goliago
    neilhimself 3 0 goliago

I've also played thecontraceptor, virg1l, alligator0wine & brian1971.

in total I've won 1 drawn 2 and lost 5, including an interesting 8-0 lesson :)

and a 5-4 reverse against MarkSrfc90...strange game.

MarkSRFRC 0 V 0 kromula (connection went about 20mins in??)

MarkSRFRC 0 v 4 SuperChambo (My worst game of Fifa since buying the game. Nothing went for me! In saying that, opponent played well)

MarkSRFRC 5 v 4 goaliago

• Advertisement

That match was infuriating as hell goliago! I just couldn't get any control of possession whatsoever.

Overall I'm at P8 W4 D0 L4. Heading online now so hopefully I'll get a few more in.

Just to confirm, these are the guys I've played so far:

kromula lost
    v1rg1| lost
    theContraceptor won
    MarkSRFC90 won
    neilhimself lost
    BFassassin won
    TuneTuneTuner won
    goliago lost

kromula lost
    v1rg1| lost
    theContraceptor won
    MarkSRFC90 won
    neilhimself lost
    BFassassin won
    TuneTuneTuner won
    goliago lost
    darraghjim won 4-3

That was just rediculous. 4-1 up with 10 mins, he gets it back to 4-3 and I end conceding a free kick right outside the box which he misses by a couple of cm's.

Not to mention the horrible lag right through the game, almost unplayable at times tbh.

MarkSRFC90 1 V 2 TuneTuneTuner

MarkSRFC90 2 v 1 darraghjm

MarkSRFC90 1 v 1 v1rg1l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

P/ W / L / D
    7/ 3 / 4 / 0
    • TuneTuneTuner 3 - 4 G M E 27
    Great display of attacking prowess by both sides, little bit unfortunate to score my third so late in the game might have had a chance otherwise.
    • Deysha 3 - 2 TuneTuneTuner
    Was trailing for the majority of the game at 2 - 1, had a lot of possession which led to nothing until around the 75th minute i scored. Once again Deysha was able to take the lead and the points.
    • theContraceptor 2 - 1 TuneTuneTuner
    My defense held strong throughout, until the 87th minute where some scrappy defending in the box cost me the 3points. Then 90th minute Rooney breaks down the left and reverses the tie. Absolutely Sickening.
    • MarkSRFC90 1 - 2 TuneTuneTuner
    Very tight game got lucky on numerous occasions, but held out to take the points despite a late goal. Kinda made up for the match before.

I'll be on most of the day 2mo if any1's around for games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Its obviously too late to join this

or is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dohertg5

Carroller wrote: »
    Its obviously too late to join this

or is it??

Na theres still one spot left in the league, just make sure you play a load of games between now and friday week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I played Goliago and Mark SRFC tonight, (SuperChambo).

Very tight 0-0 with Goliago, we both had chances and neither of us really took advantage of them although i did hit the bar with Pavlyuchenko with a 25 yard curler!

I beat Mark 4-0, though i didnt think the score was justified. For some reason i was having one of those games where luck was just on my side!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

randomnamez 0 1 goliago

tight enough game with chances for both sides

P 10 W 2 D 2 L 6

• Advertisement

sorry caroller, was in a diff game when u invted me. will be on tomorrow so will play then:)

Advertisement