Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Boards Qualifying League 2 - New Players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Warning: Possibilty of a highley stupid question.

Do we have to pick teams from the actual leagues (ie. Seria A, Championship) or just whatever team we want within each league seperatley?

If the latter, how is it decided who picks first etc.?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

if anyone on in 15 mins or so I might be able to sneak online woop

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

David J Carroll 1 - 2 randomnamez
    TuneTuneTuner 3 - 1 randomamez
    goaliago 1 - 0 randomnamez

All were close games apart from the TuneTuneTuner game. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Warning: Possibilty of a highley stupid question.

Do we have to pick teams from the actual leagues (ie. Seria A, Championship) or just whatever team we want within each league seperatley?

If the latter, how is it decided who picks first etc.?

Good question, and sorry I havent answered it directly here...

After end of the qualifying period I exclude any dirty, quitting players and see who is committed to playing 2-3 games a week.

I then look over results, team selection, league standing, head to head results and compile a list of players. The player at the bottom (less experienced) get first choice of any EUROPEAN CLUB TEAM. Then the second bottom gets a choice, until finally the top rated player gets a pick. So it levels the playing field. Teams are unique per league, which means that there will be one player using Manchester United in the English leagues and 1 Manchester United in the Italian Leagues.

You dont have to pick teams from the actual leagues either. Calling the new league Serie A/B was an easy way to divide players up into 2 identically run leagues in which there will be room for interleague competitions next season.

There will be NO difference between the way each league is run! They will beoth be run to a very high standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

[
    darraghjim won 4-3

That was just rediculous. 4-1 up with 10 mins, he gets it back to 4-3 and I end conceding a free kick right outside the box which he misses by a couple of cm's.

Not to mention the horrible lag right through the game, almost unplayable at times tbh.[/quote]

you that was good game, i thought it was just me having problems with lag last night thats why i just played two games last night, lost the two of them, i was having trouble getting players to do what i wanted to do, so i decided to log off. won't be online today at all, but should be back online tomorrow night to play a few games,

• Advertisement

Nice one FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I then look over results, team selection, league standing, head to head results and compile a list of players. The player at the bottom (less experienced) get first choice of any EUROPEAN CLUB TEAM. Then the second bottom gets a choice, until finally the top rated player gets a pick. So it levels the playing field. Teams are unique per league, which means that there will be one player using Manchester United in the English leagues and 1 Manchester United in the Italian Leagues.quote]

that seem's a good way of picking teams

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Good question, and sorry I havent answered it directly here...

After end of the qualifying period I exclude any dirty, quitting players and see who is committed to playing 2-3 games a week.

I then look over results, team selection, league standing, head to head results and compile a list of players. The player at the bottom (less experienced) get first choice of any EUROPEAN CLUB TEAM. Then the second bottom gets a choice, until finally the top rated player gets a pick. So it levels the playing field. Teams are unique per league, which means that there will be one player using Manchester United in the English leagues and 1 Manchester United in the Italian Leagues.

You dont have to pick teams from the actual leagues either. Calling the new league Serie A/B was an easy way to divide players up into 2 identically run leagues in which there will be room for interleague competitions next season.

There will be NO difference between the way each league is run! They will beoth be run to a very high standard.

will the Italian league be starting the same time as the English one? The qualifying league has gone a little stale. I find i'm hardly ever online as the people i still have to play (i think i've played around 20 games or so), although i did have to turn down a couple of invites last night as i was in the middle of a club game, sorry about that, but i should be back on tonight.

will the Italian league be starting the same time as the English one? The qualifying league has gone a little stale. I find i'm hardly ever online as the people i still have to play (i think i've played around 20 games or so), although i did have to turn down a couple of invites last night as i was in the middle of a club game, sorry about that, but I should be back on tonight.

No the Italian league will start about 2 weeks later, but they will finish at the same time. The Italian league will have about 20 teams so there will be less fixtures.

When you get to the stage that you cannot get games, you shold start sending the PMs on Xbox live.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No the Italian league will start about 2 weeks later, but they will finish at the same time. The Italian league will have about 20 teams so there will be less fixtures.

When you get to the stage that you cannot get games, you shold start sending the PMs on Xbox live.

Or play league games that night and not club games if there are people on and just set aside the night to get your games in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

winston82 wrote: »
    sorry caroller, was in a diff game when u invted me. will be on tomorrow so will play then:)

No problem, i should be on sometime later
    randomname wrote: »
    David J Carroll 1 - 2 randomnamez

86th minute goal :(
    was crushed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Axwell wrote: »
    Or play league games that night and not club games if there are people on and just set aside the night to get your games in

there were no players i hadn't played on when i logged in so i went and played club games, a better alternative to sitting in the league room waiting for players.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

there were no players i hadn't played on when i logged in so i went and played club games, a better alternative to sitting in the league room waiting for players.

have you added any of them to your friends list or posted a message here saying for example ill be on tonight from 7 onwards for matches? Thats what we would normally do last season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Ill be on from like 11 onwards

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

anyone who wants a game after 2:30 (when I finish work) I'll be on for a bit can stay on until the games dry up/ it becomes obvious nobody is awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

goliago 1 0 bfassassin

another tight game that could have gone either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

For the organisers attention:

I've played most people i nthe league, and have not had one bad thing to say about anyone. Honestly, gentlemans league.

Any quitting has been down to honest disconnetions from internets.

No drity tricks, one guy hacked me as last man, he got sent off, yet scored an og haha, brilliant stuff.

So, just on that point, because perhaps there might be a stat that says " games quitted" ive had no one quit on me because of sore losing.

Only wanted to point this out, because i know myself i have a 50% dnf statistic, yet ive only played maybe 50 games of fifa, and had a serious connection problem in the start that caused me to quit like 20 games on random ranked matches.

Good play everyone, I'll be on 2moro all day to try wrap uo my last few games

FutureGuy I was just looking at the recent game results for the league and it says you played neilhimself. I thought you weren't taking part in this league??

For the organisers attention:

I've played most people i nthe league, and have not had one bad thing to say about anyone. Honestly, gentlemans league.

Any quitting has been down to honest disconnetions from internets.

No drity tricks, one guy hacked me as last man, he got sent off, yet scored an og haha, brilliant stuff.

So, just on that point, because perhaps there might be a stat that says " games quitted" ive had no one quit on me because of sore losing.

Only wanted to point this out, because i know myself i have a 50% dnf statistic, yet ive only played maybe 50 games of fifa, and had a serious connection problem in the start that caused me to quit like 20 games on random ranked matches.

Good play everyone, I'll be on 2moro all day to try wrap uo my last few games

Thanks for that post! I totally understad where you are coming from. Heck, I have a DNF of 8% myself so I cannot throw stones. I'd never exclude someone from the league based solely on DNF, but if I see someone with a high DNF combined with lots of yellow/red cards in the league stats, then I'm going to be suspicious.

My main goal is NOT to let any distruptibve players get into the main leagues, so I have to be cautious.

Thanks again mate, it's good to see that we all want the same thing.

FutureGuy I was just looking at the recent game results for the league and it says you played neilhimself. I thought you weren't taking part in this league??

Hmm interesting...I accpeted an invite from NeilHimself last night only to realise it was a league game invite when we hit the team selection screen. I quit out of it, but now it seems that it registers as a quit!

The game will not be counted in the final standings, don't worry :)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

BFassassin wrote: »
    That game you just destroyed me tunetunetuner. Ill admit I was fairly beaten but unfortunately I had to hand the controller over to my brother in the second half while I had to talk to a stupid survey woman at the door :(
    I think it was 5-0 at that stage so the damage was already done.
    Ill have to add that my 2 sendings off were both for two yellow cards so im not a dirty player.

4 yellow cards in one game is rediculously high and is not on, quite frankly. Myself and anotherguy in Boards Qualifying 1 went the entire season without a single card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

4 yellow cards in one game is rediculously high and is not on, quite frankly. Myself and anotherguy in Boards Qualifying 1 went the entire season without a single card.

Who was that then? You should actually post up some stats from the first season, would be nice to have a look at them in the lead up to the next one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

It was myself DJ.
    I dont normally get so many cards. I was dissapointed myself with it.
    How can I check how many cards in total I have?

BFassassin wrote: »
    It was myself DJ.
    I dont normally get so many cards. I was dissapointed myself with it.
    How can I check how many cards in total I have?

No, I'm trying to find out who the other playing in the first season was that didn't have any cards!!

Lads, if yee go into the league standings and scroll down to your name, press 'a' then you have the option to 'view league stats' where it gives ya total shots/goals, yellow cards, red cards, fouls etc. :)

Lads Ill have to get a good few games in today because I wont be online Friday. If you haven't played me yet Ill be on for most of the day.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    No, I'm trying to find out who the other playing in the first season was that didn't have any cards!!

Myself and Y2J

Myself and Y2J

Damn, I thought it was me for a minute :(

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Anyone know why I can't find this league on Xbox when I search for it???

• Advertisement

Its full unfortunately, but I will be starting a new qualifying league for season 3 in about 3 weeks.

Advertisement