Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prams Prams Prams Pushchairs & Buggies . . . . . .

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

Hi pimkie69 - I'm also researching now, and I called into Smyths toys there at the weekend because they have a sale on right now. You should go and ask someone to talk you through the buggies your interested in.
    I liked the Beep+ too but I sort of changed my mind a bit on the carrycot, don't think I'll need it much in November. Someone told me about the Graco Mosaic (on sale in smyths) but I think I've now decided on the Graco Mirage + carseat, it did seem fairly light weight too, and easy to fold.

The assistant told me, for 3 wheelers that people are noticing a difference with toddlers trying to get the weight of them up steps or that because it is a little off balance on the 3 wheels? Also you bring all the parts with you for the travel systems, compared to the likes of the graco where the buggy lies back flat and is suitable from birth, and the car seat fits into it. Maybe not as trendy looking, but for me the price is very inviting!

If you have a few in mind go to Smyths or some store with a good selection and ask them for a demo and to answer your questions. I had it narrowed down to them 2 before I went in, and I think I'm going to go with the Graco whenever I get hubby in for a look. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is a lovely travel system but does not have pneumatic tyres which if you live in the country are a necessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

We got the beep, will give you the verdict in 3 weeks, its lovely to push :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sbros002

Hi Lemlin - Just wondering how you got on with the Baby Elegance travel system? I'm attracted to it by the price & practicality of it but it sounds too good to be true! All advice greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Hi there

We're going to be needing a buggy for two early next year, for a newborn and 20 month old. :D The shops I've been in so far are selling hard on the Phil and Teds. It's pricey though at 450 euro or so. Has anyone used the Graco Stadium Duo or similar? They're priced around 170 euro. Or are the staff in baby shops right in teling me I'll probably be back 3 months later to get myself a better buggy? We live on a very narrow country road and my wife's car is pretty small so we don't want something that's going to be hard to handle. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There are a few similar to the phil and teds a lot cheaper.

baby weavers and obaby and lvoen care all do them.
    http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_45_10751_-1_14051_90897_10001_14051
    http://www.babythings4u.co.uk/item/buy-obaby-xi-twin-black-red-uk
    http://www.toys.ie/Europa-Buggy-!G06586-prod.aspx

These aren't the best prices just the 1st links I had saved for each:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Moonbeam,

Thanks for your reply. Do Kiddicare deliver to Ireland and is there a delivery charge? Great value to be had on their website!!

Forest.

20 pounds flat delivery to Ireland.
    I have to admit I have bought loads from them,usually takes 2/3 days for delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

:D

Well when I was pregnant I became obsessed with Mamas & Papas although they can be pretty pricey, got the lot in there , my buggy is the pilko pramette & i love it!!:D

we have put down a deposit on a pilko pramette.

are you still happy with your decision to buy one ?

Always nice to see more recommendations of irish shops.
    I took a look at the stuff I am currently on the look out for and they are really expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

does anyone want a free Graco buggy? I got it 2nd hand but never used it and moving away from Dublin soon so minimising amount of stuff I take with me.
    Does anyone want it? (free of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

@ Lady E, any verdict on the beep yet? We have almost decided on it but are waiting for a while longer to buy it as not due until November. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Would love any info on the Beep too :) i cant decide on either the Beep Travel system or Graco Vivo Travel system...

I want something light and not bulky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Pippacoo

I have been looking at the icandy apple jogger ..just wondering can it be upgraded to an icandy pear? Also has anybody used a buggy board with the apple jogger?
    Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rejoycer

Da beep is really cute, really nice 3-1 - i would be more a fan of that then the graco

Obaby tandem, Xi and Zoma are good - there in a shop in Terenure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I have the icandy apple and love it, was originally going for a M&P one cant remember the name and only thing i didn't like was the carseat weighed a ton, could barely lift it. So ended up going for icandy and it has the maxi cosi car seat and its so light. Not that light now when my 5month old baby is in it though lol. But its just something to look out for, that you could easily forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

. . . . . . . . . . . Cosatto Mobi/Budi = nice :)

carucior-cosatto-mobi-ember-sistem-3-in-1-budi.jpg

Advertisement