Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone work in TV Video Editing?

• 31-12-2008 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,
    My son is a 6th year student interested in a career in Video Editing and related areas. He'd like to work in national television (ie RTE/TV3) and I'm wondering if anyone who works in television could let me know how exactly one can set out to achieve this career (eg what courses would you recommend, do the TV stations do apprenticiships etc).
    Any help will be most welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

BCFE in dublin does a good tv corse... they have loads of equipment and thats what you need when learning about tv jobs..

also a corse in tralee as well meeting a load of them at the mo about...

Quite a large number of the shows are hired out to production companies. He may find it better to contact them and see whether they can sort something out. Somewhere like Pirahna Bar etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

yeah the majority of the stuff is done out of house, certainly the better stuff. As zaraba said, best off trying the post houses as some of them are more than happy to take people in for work experience - then that way you kid can ask the poeple there working in the area he's interested in how they got started etc etc.

http://www.iftn.ie/post-production/editing/Editing_sub/DigitalNonLinearEditing/

Advertisement