Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jailbreaking iphone 3g

• 31-12-2008 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

ok i know nothing about this....

all i know is id like to be able to use my phone as a wireless modem and id like to be able to text in landscape, and i understand that if i jailbreak, i can purchase apps to do these things...

but what do i need to know befor i do this, can i update my software, sync my phone with itunes etc as normal after jailbreaking?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

cojomo2 wrote: »
    ok i know nothing about this....

all i know is id like to be able to use my phone as a wireless modem and id like to be able to text in landscape, and i understand that if i jailbreak, i can purchase apps to do these things...

but what do i need to know befor i do this, can i update my software, sync my phone with itunes etc as normal after jailbreaking?

I believe with the 3g models a lot depends on your firmware. Afaik - and that isn't much - the later models cannot yet be easile unjailed without some expert hardware modding!
    Tonight developers release a 3g unlock programme, but it won't jailbreak a new iphone 3g...

Anyone else may correct/amend my 'drivel'!!!

But I'm with you - it's why I'm selling mine ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

well i have the latest firmware on mine and its already unlocked so it just jailbreaking im concerned with, so if any1 has advice, im all ears...

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

"QuickPwn" is what you're looking for.

Advertisement