Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mahatma Coat at it again.

Options
  • 31-12-2008 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭

On on the CT forum, Mahatma Coat has banned a user for no reason and no definitive time frame on what appears to be pure whimsy
    So I've made a statement on this, lets continue on with some proper debate please

<edit> Whalofshi, banned for a bit</edit>

Post 100 If you read back over the preceding pages, there is no earthly reason why this user should be singled out.

Also the very first post of this thread.
    2 Days after Christmas Day the Jews strike Jesus' people. Who killed Jesus? Was it the Jews or the Roman Empire?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055448962

Is profoundly racists and echoes this Mods already documented racist worldview. By allowing this man to continue modding without public censure for his own racist beliefs you've given a signal that the CT forum of boards allows vile racist language and believes. Because hey if Mahatma Coat can get away with it, anyone can.

It beggars belief that this situation continues.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm very tired after last night, so perhaps I'm missing something, but I cannot see why Whalofshi was banned so I'll wait to see what MC has to say on the matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

can you not read the modded posts in the Forum Beruthiel?

Diogeness, Just because you didnt see the post that he made, you automaticaly assume conspiracy.

in some respects it would be very noble of you to defend the rights of another poster, if that were your objective, but seeing as you want to turn this into another WitchHunt I really doubt that WhalofShi's Plight worries you.

I directed some posts at you in that thread too, I'm surprised that you havent commented on those too.

anyway, Beruthiel I will forward you the post that WhaLofShi made after he was warned and infracted, I will also forward you the PM I sent him explining why I was banning him for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

WTF? Miju only sticks his head in when there's a post reported. (The dishwasher forum is obviously very heavily moderated). Bonkey is obviously on holidays. And you've allowed this nonsense to go on and on. It's dragging the forum down. Way down.

As for this thread. It shouldn't even be in this forum. The "conspiracy" was developed sometime around 5 this morning. The thread must be running for nearly a week. If anyone believes that Gareth37 actually felt that there was a conspiracy here, they're as mad as he is. FFS the guy's not even entertaining.

Anyway, I'll be on my bigoted way and check back later to see how you all deal with my little rant. Hey, maybe we should put it to a vote.

oh sorry. I forgot. We have no say in how things are done around here, cos it ain't a democracy ... yeah yeah!!
    This is the deleted post. Nothing too major in my opinion, but is still dragging the topic elsewhere and would probably result in a ban from other fora if it was made under the same circumstances elsewhere. It certainly doesn't look good on the Conspiracy Theories forum to ban someone and delete the evidence, it's quite hypocritical, I would have thought that if transparency were important on boards - it would be in that forum for starters.

As for the semitic comments, I'm not so happy that I endorsed your modship now MC, I didn't realise that your views were quite so anti-semitic. I think this could lead to a bias that can infringe on the very material of the board you mod, and boards mods should not have such a visible stance that can affect the tone of the forum and incite offense.

Boards has done very well at trying their best to remain impartial and tolerant of the social spectrum yet to be free from offense, I think that by coming out with such statements you, as a user, seem to be offending a group of people. And to be a mod with such statements is, in my opinion, not what boards should accept.

Advertisement