Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to cover......

Options
  • 31-12-2008 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

this with a tattoo. I have been waiting YEARS to do something about it, only thing is I'm stumped. Ideas???Anything goes really, except a gargoyle or robot.....:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Have you gone into any studios and had a look through their portfolios. That'd be a good starting point. We could give you ideas untill next year,(pun intended) but they mightn't seem good in your head till you actually see them drawn.

A good library of pics is bmezine.com. You'd probably find something you like in there.

In the spirit of Christmas and Ne Years an all that we shall endeavour to help. do you have any hobbies, or things you like, music etc etc?

something like these?
    http://www.bmeink.com/A81224/high/nqwo-floral.jpg
    http://www.bmeink.com/A81202/high/os7z-untitled-image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

maybe a wave would cover that nicely i think just as its about to break ....

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

dragona wrote: »
    this with a tattoo. I have been waiting YEARS to do something about it, only thing is I'm stumped. Ideas???Anything goes really, except a gargoyle or robot.....:D

i would advise you take a wee spin to some tat studios and talk to some artists, they have the experience and are the best sorce of knowledge.

we can recommend some tattooist once you have an idea of what kind of style you would like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Thanks -I have spoken to quite a few -it won't be my first tatoo;) I was asking here because of the odd shape, my brain is drawing a blank, at first I thought something flowery, but I don't want anything too naff - I haven't worn anything pretty or backless for years because I hate that splodge -even if it were not covered completely, just something to detract the eye away.......
    Wanted to pick your brains :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

It's going to be tattooed on your body, is it really the wisest to be asking other people what you should get there if you have no clear ideas yourself?

Sure what the hell, it's only permanent :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cherryvega wrote: »
    It's going to be tattooed on your body, is it really the wisest to be asking other people what you should get there if you have no clear ideas yourself?

Sure what the hell, it's only permanent :rolleyes:

Oh for goodness sake -I was just asking for ideas! Thanks so much anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

have you checked with your doctor/dermatologist if its ok to tattoo over that? its ofter not a good idea to tattoo over birthmarks/moles, as the tattoo will mask any potentially dangerous changes later on.

that should be your first stop, not the tattoo parlour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Hey Dragona, Are you *sure* you're sure you want to cover it? :confused:

I have a large birthmark on my left lower leg (strawberry mark - pigment is missing so its pure white) for years I hated it but now I like it, its unique, its part of me and i'm glad now I didnt cover it.

I had a lower leg piece planned that would partially cover it, but will probably do it on my other leg instead now at some stage. :)

Imo your back looks pretty, but of course its totally up to yourself, its your skin :cool:

ps - Hot2Def - good advice! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Jimmy Trigger

Molberts wrote: »
    Hey Dragona, Are you *sure* you're sure you want to cover it? :confused:
    ps - Hot2Def - good advice! ;)

Something you mite actually miss indeed...hmm
    dragona wrote: »

Damn, that rules out THE GARGO-BOT 5000, the newest in Tattoo'n crazes.

Hey Dragona, Are you *sure* you're sure you want to cover it?

Imo your back looks pretty, but of course its totally up to yourself, its your skin
    Aah -thanks! But I hate it! I'm nearly 45:eek: and and I have just had enough of it! I asked the docs opinion -it is just extra pigmentation, no problem. I vey very nearly had a *DOLPHIN* OMG :eek: (moment of madness, but my hubby slapped me and I came to................:D:D:D I want to be pretty! again...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

A little difficult to tell from that picture but does the blemish resemble anything? Look at it as one of those ink blot tests that the shrinks use on people to see how their minds work. If you can see it resembling something as it is now then it might help to give you an idea for a tattoo to cover it partially or perfectly...

Advertisement