Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking games.

Options
  • 31-12-2008 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Recommend some for me?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Drink at your own pace, feck trying to keep up with anyone else and don't try and get pissed as fast as possible.
    I'm turning into a boring old fart, but i am enjoying my drink more.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Flippy Cup FTMFW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Edward Beer Hands, The Power Hour, and 7/11 doubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

fuzzy duck: Going clockwise each person has to say the word, if there are any hesitations the player is "punished" if the player doesn't say the name correctly then there he/she is "punished". Drink 3 fingers of beer, etc etc, whatever is your preferred measurement.

Kitchen appliances: "From the cooker to the microwave, from the kettle to the toaster" etc etc. Going clockwise each player says the previous players appliance then his own, using the words "From the ____ to the ____" Get me? If they mess up then they drink a measure of beer. or whatever :)

Animals: Same as kitchen appliances, but pick a theme, use safari animals, tame animals, etc etc.

While doing the animal and kitchen appliance games, each member is clapping or hitting the table, not too hard, to a beat, the beat predicts the speed. Don't give a player too long or it ruins it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Roxanne.

Split all your friends into 2 groups, one called "Roxanne" and one called "Put on the red light". Now with your drink of choice at the ready, turn on the song "Roxanne" by The Police. Everytime Sting says "Roxanne", the Roxanne side of the room has to take a mouthful of their drink. Everytime time he says "Put on the red light" that side of the room takes a mouthful.

Once the song gets going, it gets quite hectic. A few games of that and you'll be flying :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Poccington wrote: »
    Roxanne.

Split all your friends into 2 groups, one called "Roxanne" and one called "Put on the red light". Now with your drink of choice at the ready, turn on the song "Roxanne" by The Police. Everytime Sting says "Roxanne", the Roxanne side of the room has to take a mouthful of their drink. Everytime time he says "Put on the red light" that side of the room takes a mouthful.

Once the song gets going, it gets quite hectic. A few games of that and you'll be flying :pac:

I was going to say anything but Roxanne or Bucks Fizz!:D

"Kitchen appliances: "From the cooker to the microwave, from the kettle to the toaster" etc etc. Going clockwise each player says the previous players appliance then his own, using the words "From the ____ to the ____" Get me? If they mess up then they drink a measure of beer. or whatever "

That sounds like fun!

Word based drinking games are possibly the lamest thing ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

A race.

Last person to finish a pint buys the next one.

Simple and effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

KINGS-LISDONAGH RULES.

A group of people (roughly five or six) gather around a table each with at least six cans of beer or cider, or an equivelent amount of wine. A pack of cards is needed (or for longer games two packs).

The cards are shuffled and placed face-down on the table. All competitors take turns in drawing a card and the folowing rules apply...

2-'**** You' everyone else drinks for 5 seconds and you make a rule (a common choice is 'gentlemany behaviour')
    3-'**** Me' only you drink.
    4-'Touch the floor'-last to person to do so drinks.
    5-'Touch the sky'-see no 4.
    6-Pick another player to drink for 6 seconds.
    7-Play 'Monkey Tennis'. This involves saying a certain number and the other competitors counting in turn upwards from this, however all multiples of five are replaced by 'monkey' and those of seven by 'tennis'. First person who makes a mistake drinks.
    8-'Pick a mate' who must drink whenever you do and vice versa.
    9-'Bust a Rhyme' you say a short phrase and the first person unable to rhyme with it must drink.
    10-You keep this card and whenever you feel like it, put your thumb on the table. The last person to notice must drink for 10.
    Queen-You are the Quizmaster and nobody can answer any question by you, by penalty of having to drink.
    Jack-Everyone begins to drink and the person beside you cant stop till you finish, etc.
    King-You have to drink a full pint mixed from everyone elses drinks.
    Ace-'Spin City'-You take a brush or mop and spin around with it until very dizzy, then down a pint. If you touch a doorframe on your way to the bathroom to get sick afterwards you have to do it again.

Enjoy ;)

Drink The Beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Come on, drinking is not a game. The nights are short enough with the silly restricted opening times, just horse them into you lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

mp3guy wrote: »
    Drink The Beer

OK I did it, what do i win?

Hour of power is puketastic fun. I'd advise drinking ale as it's less bubbly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

I agree with Kold, hour of power is a sure fire way to get rubber ducky. It knocks the bollocks out of ya :P

Kold wrote: »
    OK I did it, what do i win?

Another Beer!

jester77 wrote:
    Come on, drinking is not a game. The nights are short enough with the silly restricted opening times, just horse them into you lad!

Not at house parties :D

Word based drinking games are possibly the lamest thing ever.

Why? I think otherwise. They are great games, but you got to be in the mood...

Why? I think otherwise. They are great games, but you got to be in the mood...

They tend to be slow and also involve peoples potentially lame personalities. And not to mention games like "I Never", which is more aptly named "Make up something outrageous".

Card games, dice games, time based games, physical games are all more intense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Danger%20Can

Danger Can. If you're just a bunch of lads there is no game more fun, you have to be a little drunk to start

They tend to be slow and also involve peoples potentially lame personalities. And not to mention games like "I Never", which is more aptly named "Make up something outrageous".

Card games, dice games, time based games, physical games are all more intense.

Ah, it's whatever you're into. We played the word games and some others after work in the bar. Bloody great. Good for getting pissed fast too :) The people we played with are extremely outgoing and not lamers as you put it ;)

Like I said, it depends on the mood and how well it's done.

I must have been pissed, i could have sworn this thread was locked.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

galwayrush wrote: »

+1! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Jeapy wrote: »
    +1! :confused:

There was no lock.

*Jedi wave*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It was, Karoma locked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Haha Danger Can sounds class.

Sean_K wrote: »
    It was, Karoma locked it.

I thought it was the J.D.....................:)Cheers All.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Another Beer!

IM going for the record!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Whats more, all the posts had been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Magic Wand/ Wizards Stick :

Drink a can of beer, then duct tape the next one on top of the empty. Continue drinking, only holding the bottom can. Continue until the top can is on a tower of empty cans, and hilarity ensues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Never Have I Ever.

Group of people, go around in a circle with each person saying "never have i ever ......". If you have done it you take a drink. It's a good laugh and a good way to get drunk fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

ShooterSF wrote: »
    IM going for the record!!

nah, Charlie has the record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Drinking games are for 15 year olds. I think Karoma said something along the lines of "we are not here to encourage irresponsible drinking". I reckon he should have left it locked.

just call me Buzz Killington.

Advertisement