Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your UCD plans for 2009?

Options
  • 31-12-2008 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

Every forum needs one of these threads right? :cool:

As we draw a close to '08 what are your plans for the New Year? Off the top of my head I'll say...

- Make sure I plan out my essays better and not have any more all-night panic sessions (not bloody likely but still)

- To graduate hopefully!

- Attend more events

- Make one of these UCD beers

- Achieve world domination

- Hit the gym

- Find Hugh Brady's secret stash of gold in the forgotten mines...

- Figure out what to do after UCD

What about all of yous then? PS Happy New Year to all of you folks attending the greatest college of the greatest country on Earth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

I'm currently hovering around a 2:1 degree but if I really work my @ss off I can make it a first, so I might try that if I'm bothered.

Bought some weights in the sales so I might open those at some point.

Also, somehow bring an end to global recession

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BG2

I'm hoping to enjoy my course a bit more.

I said i'd only carry on to my masters if i was 100% sure it was what i wanted to do and I had an awful time from October onwards with it. Just did not like it. So i'm planning on giving myself a good kick up the bum with it.

Maybe I'll try take in at least one social event...maybe!

And I pray to Whedon that the man himself Joss shows up as promised by L&H! That'll be most important thing happening at UCD this year for me...

...excluding essays, exams and the thesis obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Keep the head down, try and enjoy as many aspects of my course as possible, and aim to minimize the amount of work I have to do at exam time.

Also, try and get a few long-term books on loan early! Did that last year and renewed them about 10 times each :D Money saved! I don't think anybody bothers requesting/reserving book, I certainly don't. Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Abolish the STUDENTS UNION. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Wait what? Let's back up here a second, Joss Whedon is meant to be coming? Will this be another no show like Patrick Stewart? Anyone from the L&H want to comment on this?

New plan: Eat Joss Whedon's brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Finally get the **** out of UCD. One semester to go.

Apart from that - study my arse off, start using my gym membership more and actually find the free weights, and try and cut down on how much money I'm spending on a daily basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

- Finish the second half of my Erasmus in one piece, hopefully even improve on the first semester

- Reacquaint myself with the library, work me hole off and get something close to a first (or a first...that'd be nice too).

- Somehow make enough money so I don't have to worry about it, preferably without having to work :P

- And...um...have a good time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Have. a good. time. All. the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BG2

Brimmy wrote: »
    Wait what? Let's back up here a second, Joss Whedon is meant to be coming? Will this be another no show like Patrick Stewart? Anyone from the L&H want to comment on this?

New plan: Eat Joss Whedon's brain.

Well, in September he was one of the mentioned names. I thought Joss and Eckhart would be no shows but since the latter showed up I have much hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

-Get more involved in societies
    -Actually take part in Get in Gear after paying €40 for it!
    -Get a UCD hoodie

Generally get more involved in the college experience really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I shall add:

- Wear the UCD scarf that my parents bought me for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

-Stop buying UCD society hoodies as I never wear them and they make you look like a filthy hobo

-Finish my Thesis

-Stop getting involved in societies. It was fun at first but three years later im funking exhausted :D

- Be more impulsive (ask someome out, start a fire ect)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

start using my gym membership more and actually find the free weights

Not sure the creatine-fuelled jocks would like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Graduate and set about finding myself some sort of employment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I plan to finish the second semester and write my thesis over the summer. I'll keep up with the societies I'm regularly involved in and plan to get involved in one other society.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Halfway through 2nd year Structural Engineering, and I just moved a lot closer to UCD. A good thing too, since this coming semester I have only one hour of lecture on Thursdays. Otherwise, I expect to spend more time on campus. Probably in the Library.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

prank the crusty old dean!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Hire Dajaffa as Chief Skin-roller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Join up and participate in Get in Gear. Zumba here I come!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

prank the crusty old dean!

Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger.

Advertisement