Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum v Soccer forum Sunday 18th Jan.

Options
  • 31-12-2008 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

Venue UCD.

Who's in? And who wants to manage the team?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I'm in

Should be a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

il play oscar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

In and i push put Darragh forward to manage the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

In-decent team needed Id imagine to avoid a sodomising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

sounds like fun, I'll play.

What time is it at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

I'll play.

Time, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭applehunter

Whos going to more unfit the pokerheads or the barstoolers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Barstoolers.

Thats why I'm going! They'll be arguing the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

In

• Advertisement

In and I nominate Darragh to run this one so we can see these tactics he's hinted at.

In and i push put Darragh forward to manage the team

Ill do it if no-one else wants to, but if Kayroo or someone else wants to do it, ill step aside. I don't have much 11 a side experience. I want to do the match against grove lane because having played them twice I think I have a good idea of how to best give us a chance of winning!

Any scout reports on our opposition?

Ill do it if no-one else wants to, but if Kayroo or someone else wants to do it, ill step aside. I don't have much 11 a side experience. I want to do the match against grove lane because having played them twice I think I have a good idea of how to best give us a chance of winning!

Any scout reports on our opposition?

I think everyone had enough of my warm ups and half time talks last time. I'd do it if needs be but I'm good with letting someone else taking charge.

Not at all, I thought your warm ups and team talks were good. Ill be stealing the warm up bit anyway!

I think we should learn from the difficulties in the last game and try and limit this to 14 players. What do other people think about that?

Not at all, I thought your warm ups and team talks were good. Ill be stealing the warm up bit anyway!

I think we should learn from the difficulties in the last game and try and limit this to 14 players. What do other people think about that?

Keeping the numbers down is a good idea but only if you get 14 nailed on definites to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

JP Poker wrote: »
    sounds like fun, I'll play.

What time is it at?

2 or 3 probably.

I'll do this with Daragh if there are no objections?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

in

third Daragh + Ricky

I think we should aim to get exactly 15 players, that way someone will inevitably not turn up and we can have 14 which is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'm available if wanted/needed, but if someone better comes along thats grand by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I can't commit until nearer the time might have rugby match on in UCD at same time, if not i'll play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

So thats 11 and a maybe. Room for 3 more definites.

bohsman
    hj
    chopper
    jp
    shoutman
    rt
    kayroo
    robin blinds
    jbravado
    trippie
    jackyback
    Theresa

maybe
    gl2me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Inski. Definate too.

Have we got any sort of goalkeeper?

I have a friend of a friend who is a very good goalie, I was planning on asking him for the match against Grove Lane, so ill ask him for this. If that fails unless someone else knows a GK we will have to take turns. (Unless Lloyd is interested...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Can't make it for this one....Best of luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lads I'm gonna hold off booking this one as I forgot to ask a very pertinent question.
    Do we want the pitch for one or two hours?
    If we pick one hour everyone has to be there on time to get payment sorted out etc.
    Whereas if we go with two we have a bit of a cushion to getting the match finished and could go for longer maybe.

We'll be using this pitch.

So an hour will cost 50 euro without lights or 75 with lights.
    Depending on what time we get the pitch for we might not need lights but if we're stuck with a 3 o'clock start personally I think we should get the lights..

So what do you's want?

Go for 2 hours and book it like 1-3 oe 2-4 without lights.

Go for 2 hours and book it like 1-3 oe 2-4 without lights.

Agree, between 26-30 of us this will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

definitely get 2 hours. I don't think there's anyone who would prefer a 55 minute match to a 95 minute one, and splitting the cost 25 ways+ means it shouldn't really be an issue.

not sure if we would need lights even with a 3.00 start, it is already staying bright enough to play until 4.30 and in 2 weeks it will be even brighter, but I guess you can decide that the day before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Just so we all know:

This pitch is 3/4 size. You can realistically ping them in from behind the half way line.

That said, the surface is absolutely class. Lovely to play ball on.

I think 2 hours is optimal too tbh, the cost wont be a prob even with lights given the amount of us its being divided by. Should be a good laugh. Looking forward to it. Im back in college the next day too so a nice run around before Im back into the slog.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement