Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum v Soccer forum Sunday 18th Jan.

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Alright lads.

The Rematch - February 22nd

You's up for it?

If it's a Sunday I'll be there.

If it's a Sunday I'll be there.

Aye, tis a Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Ye ok it would be good to win another match:pac:

Ye ok it would be good to win another match:pac:

We'll see Yadiel Whining Visor, we'll see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'd be up for the rematch too, presumably there wasn't too many subs for the poker crowd yesterday. I'll play for either team though as I post a bit in the Soccer forum too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

shoutman wrote: »
    I'd be up for the rematch too, presumably there wasn't too many subs for the poker crowd yesterday. I'll play for either team though as I post a bit in the Soccer forum too.

Who's to say you'd get your game...........................oh wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

I'd probably be up for playing too if your stuck for numbers.

Jumps on bandwagon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

the gaa forum are up for a friendly :), thread just started there.

as regards a tournament, rather than 8 teams, have 4. much easier to organise and could be run off in one day, in a few hours in fact. wesley in dundrum has 2 full pitches, can play games off together. maybe 40 mins games or something. everybody throws in 20quid to cover pitches and prizes.

gaa forum
    soccer forum
    poker forum

maybe even boardeaux if needed, but would weaken one or 2 other teams as some players would be pencilled in for other teams maybe.

I think this is a good idea and the way to go.Much easer to get it run off in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I thought the whole point of this was to lose and then get a rematch on the poker table?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Frisbee wrote: »
    Alright lads.

The Rematch - February 22nd

You's up for it?

If there is enough interest I would gladly organise this for the boards team again.

I suggest you open another thread though and request that the mods lock this one as it has served it's purpose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

[drops in]

Well played lads, fully deserved win though we had a chance to make it 4-3..maybe just maybe.

I'm not sure of names, but the guys that stood out for me was Darragh (Arsenal shirt?) upfront and the guy who took the two penalties - some great combinations and work between them. The fifth goal was a class act. The guy spraying passes everywhere in the first period was controlling the game as well until some pressure was put on in the next two periods.

[/drops in]

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thread locked as per request. I'm sure some discussion of this match is grnd in the new thread, but it's up to yourselves of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement