Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum v Soccer forum Sunday 18th Jan.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I just sent Jeff and Lloyd a PM about it. I found the school's website but I dunno how they go about booking these things. Trippie just told me he text Jeff too so hopefully we'll have a result soon enough.

Cheers man.
    Sorry about this, saying I'd organise and dumping it on you now.
    I'll hold onto UCD as a backup for now

Frisbee wrote: »
    Cheers man.

Good thinking. I'll keep ya posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Breifne

Cheers man.

Frisbee, not sure if you are sorted for numbers, but i play a little in goals, and would enjoy the run out. Am available to play on sunday afternoon too.

Any word on the pitch Kayroo?

(Breifne I'm hoping to keep my team to people who post in the soccer forum. However if you want to play the next match and use the soccer forum you can sign up in the thread over there :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Breifne wrote: »
    Frisbee, not sure if you are sorted for numbers, but i play a little in goals, and would enjoy the run out. Am available to play on sunday afternoon too.

We may need a keeper if Llyod doesn't/can't play and HJ can't get his mate. Interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

If there is someone here who wants to play in goals they should take preference. I havent asked anyone yet

Any word on the pitch Kayroo?

(Breifne I'm hoping to keep my team to people who post in the soccer forum. However if you want to play the next match and use the soccer forum you can sign up in the thread over there :))

I didn't get any word back from Jeff so I'm just gonna go ahead and call em tomorrow and see can we book them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Breifne wants to play in goal for poker forum. He didnt realise Frisbee was from soccer forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

hey sorry lads, have been away from boards last few days.

the booking of raphaela's is a bit tricky. technically when we played our manager's u-12 youth team had the booking both times. the club he works for is affiliated with the school so it is a bit tricky.

Also, the UCD pitch being booked out is a blessing in disguise, the pitch really is too small. you can shoot from goal kicks no bother.

st columbas national school have a pitch with footie nets. as do leicester celtic, or st kilians deutsche schule dublin in clonskeagh. all can take once off bookings to the best of my knowledge. wesley college also have a pitch. most posh southside hockey schools have teh facilities, just need to grease the wheels with cash, its the only language they understand. i.e kilians for 2hrs would be €160 i think, or €320. its 80 an hour, but that could be for half pitch. im guessing if someone picks up a phone and calls 4-5 of these places they'll find somewhere.

I rang Raphaela's today and apparently there is only one sister (Consuela - I kid you not) who sorts out the bookings and she won't be back in Ireland until the 16th and according to the Sister I spoke to absolutely nobody else in that place can handle a booking for a sports pitch.

I am not gonna be able to take the time to go ringing around a rake of places so I am gonna have to hand back off to you Frisbee to give it a whirl in those places Jeff suggested there ^^^^^^.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

leicester celtic is behind nutgrove? that looks like a class pitch. Also I heard (maybe on this forum) that St. Killian's was a great place to play, and of course it's next door to UCD.

On another subject I think I have the makings of another team that wants to play the poker forum, we play 5 a side together a couple of times a week but haven't played as a team before. We have some quality players but I expect we will be a step down from Grosvenor Lane in terms of quality. If someone volunteers to organise/manage a boards team, we'll set up a date.

RoundTower wrote: »
    leicester celtic is behind nutgrove? that looks like a class pitch. Also I heard (maybe on this forum) that St. Killian's was a great place to play, and of course it's next door to UCD.

On another subject I think I have the makings of another team that wants to play the poker forum, we play 5 a side together a couple of times a week but haven't played as a team before. We have some quality players but I expect we will be a step down from Grosvenor Lane in terms of quality. If someone volunteers to organise/manage a boards team, we'll set up a date.

One game at a time man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Need to get my fitness back and then join up with you guys..Played as a nippy winger for years back in the day and also had 2 seasons as a keeper

Honestly I think alot of people will have trouble finding those places.
    I wouldn't be to inclined to try Colombus.

Looks like Leicster Celtic is free from 3-5 on the day.
    And Killian's is ringing out.

So will I hold out and wait to try Killians again?
    Or go ahead and try book Leicster.

Just thinking in terms of ease of access for people who don't know the area...

Honestly I think alot of people will have trouble finding those places.
    I wouldn't be to inclined to try Colombus.

Looks like Leicster Celtic is free from 3-5 on the day.
    And Killian's is ringing out.

So will I hold out and wait to try Killians again?
    Or go ahead and try book Leicster.

Just thinking in terms of ease of access for people who don't know the area...

Where is it?

Where is it?

Killians is beside UCD.

Leicster is in Rathfarnham, beside Marlay Park and Nutgrove shopping center.

http://www.leicesterceltic.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

One game at a time man.
    I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I do want to give people a bit of notice if we decide to play it the week after this match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Id be willing to try and put a strong boards team together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 kweeveen

Are you talking about the Leister City astro pitch? That is a sweet pitch! Only a five minute walk from my house aswell.

jbravado wrote: »
    Id be willing to try and put a strong boards team together.

Can you please stop cluttering this thread? Thanks
    As Kayroo said, one game at a time
    kweeveen wrote: »
    Are you talking about the Leister City astro pitch? That is a sweet pitch! Only a five minute walk from my house aswell.

Yeah but it's not really convenient for anyone coming from the Northside tbf

• Advertisement

Yeah but it's not really convenient for anyone coming from the Northside tbf

I'm coming from as far northside in Dublin as you can possibly get and I don't mind so stfu to anyone who moans about it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Can you please stop cluttering this thread? Thanks
    As Kayroo said, one game at a time

sorry but lol

I'm coming from as far northside in Dublin as you can possibly get and I don't mind so stfu to anyone who moans about it imo

Fair enough. Killian's is rining out so I sent the bird an e-mail.
    Trippie wrote: »
    sorry but lol

My point is that if they start trying to organise another match in here people won't know what match we're talking about in here and it will get confusing.
    Fairly understandable.

My point is that if they start trying to organise another match in here people won't know what match we're talking about in here and it will get confusing.
    Fairly understandable.

You have to ignore Trippie. He asked Santa for a sense of humour for Christmas and the big guy let him down. Bitter bitter bitter...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

You have to ignore Trippie. He asked Santa for a sense of humour for Christmas and the big guy let him down. Bitter bitter bitter...

Yep not only did my folks fail to deliver on my birthday the other day but the fat fcuker broke my heart yet again. disgruntled to say the least

We have.

In all fairness though lads sorting the pitch isnt the biggest deal in the world.Just get somewhere teh fook.

jbravado wrote: »
    In all fairness though lads sorting the pitch isnt the biggest deal in the world.Just get somewhere teh fook.

It is if people aren't willing to commute to it

Build it and they will come etc We have managed to play three games thus far with relatively no fuss.
    Anywho..........keep us posted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am coming from the northside and I don't mind Leister City,its all the one to me the poxy southside is the southside.

I know were nutgrove SC is and I believe its not far away,should be easy to find dead straight from Harlods Cross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'm sure lifts can be arranged for the few of us that live northside, I trust that no one is a weirdo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement