Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum v Soccer forum Sunday 18th Jan.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Dub13 wrote: »
    I am coming from the northside and I don't mind Leister City,its all the one to me the poxy southside is the southside.

I know were nutgrove SC is and I believe its not far away,should be easy to find dead straight from Harlods Cross.

It's on the road behind it. Bout a 2 minute drive. And it's only that long because of the ridiculous amount of ramps...

Was just looking there and if we get Leicster Celtic it will be 280 for two hours....

shoutman wrote: »
    I'm sure lifts can be arranged for the few of us that live northside, I trust that no one is a weirdo.

You need a lift up man?

I agree with Sam, book it and they will come. Just tell people where to go and they'll get there. Can't please all the people all the time etc.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Was just looking there and if we get Leicster Celtic it will be 280 for two hours....

That's grand, if we get 14 each thats a tenner a man.

That's grand, if we get 14 each thats a tenner a man.

Fair enough.
    I'll get onto them now :)

• Advertisement

Ok rang about the Leicster Celtic pitch there.
    The guy isn't in front of his computer so he isn't sure if there's a booking pending or not.
    He's going to ring me back.

There's an FAI course on there until 3 so it's a possibility we could book from 3-5.
    However if there's a pending booking how would it suit people to start later if we cant get it for 3?
    Would around 5 be too late?

Ok rang about the Leicster Celtic pitch there.
    The guy isn't in front of his computer so he isn't sure if there's a booking pending or not.
    He's going to ring me back.

There's an FAI course on there until 3 so it's a possibility we could book from 3-5.
    However if there's a pending booking how would it suit people to start later if we cant get it for 3?

Cool for me anyway, can't speak for the others

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

5 is to late for me,I have a meeting at 18:30 I pushed back because of this.I could not push it back further.

5 is to late for me,I have a meeting at 18:30 I pushed back because of this.I could not push it back further.

**** completely forgot about that.
    Well according to their website the pitch is free from three.
    Just waiting to hear back from this guy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

**** completely forgot about that.
    Well according to their website the pitch is free from three.
    Just waiting to hear back from this guy

If you have to go for a 17:00 kick off go ahead don't let me hold you all up.

• Advertisement

If you have to go for a 17:00 kick off go ahead don't let me hold you all up.

To be perfectly honest I'm hoping myself for at 3 o'clock kick off. He said he should be able to accommodate us as three. He just has to check that the other guy who takes bookings hasn't got any lined up already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

the leicester celtic pitch, beside nutgrove, is a synthetic grass pitch. it is ideal!!

the kilians pitch is a hockey surface.

Still haven't heard anything back from Leicster so I assume it'll be tomorrow before he gets back to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

I'm going to have to pull out guys as i'm going to be Tding a game that day now. Sorry, I was looking forward to this.

Sorry lads been very busy this weekend and still haven't heard back from this guy and now his phone's ringing out.
    Will keep trying but doubt I'll get him till tomorrow now...

Ok lads pitch is booked for Sunday.
    Earliest I could get it was 4 o'clock as there's and FAI coaching course going on.
    However the guy agreed to do us a deal so we're getting two hours for the price of one, so it's only costing 140euro.

Here's the website of Leicster Celtic, it's pretty good, they have a google maps and a directions tab depending on which direction your coming from so it shouldn't be hard to find for anyone.

http://www.leicesterceltic.ie/

I want everyone there by half three to sort the team and get paid up.
    You don't pay you don't play, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Nice 1 looking forward to this.

1 question though - is it possible to wear moulded football boots or are dimpled runners only allowed? I played on different all weathers where 1 or the other or both are allowed

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Ok lads pitch is booked for Sunday.
    Earliest I could get it was 4 o'clock as there's and FAI coaching course going on.
    However the guy agreed to do us a deal so we're getting two hours for the price of one, so it's only costing 140euro.

Here's the website of Leicster Celtic, it's pretty good, they have a google maps and a directions tab depending on which direction your coming from so it shouldn't be hard to find for anyone.

http://www.leicesterceltic.ie/

I want everyone there by half three to sort the team and get paid up.
    You don't pay you don't play, simple as.

Good work. Lookin forward to it.

tonc76 wrote: »
    Nice 1 looking forward to this.

1 question though - is it possible to wear moulded football boots or are dimpled runners only allowed? I played on different all weathers where 1 or the other or both are allowed

Thanks

Straight from the website:
    Note steel studs are prohibited.

So I assume you can wear mouldies, I probably will. Bring astro's aswell just incase. Also everyone make sure to have shinguards!

Now for the real hard part lads:

Anyone fancy reffing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Also everyone make sure to have shinguards!

Learnt this out the hardway in the last game.

Anyone have a spare pair of shinguards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Now for the real hard part lads:

Anyone fancy reffing this?

I was thinking you might get a volunteer easier in the soccer forum

RoundTower wrote: »
    I was thinking you might get a volunteer easier in the soccer forum

I've posted it there aswell.
    Can't see anyone wanting to do it so though I'd put it in here and the soccer forum to get more exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I've posted it there aswell.
    Can't see anyone wanting to do it so though I'd put it in here and the soccer forum to get more exposure.

surely Des would love to do this?

i wouldn't trust him to be impartial tho ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ntlbell wrote: »
    surely Des would love to do this?

How did you know?:confused:

Right lads referee is sorted. Our one and only Des has agreed to do it.
    Kayroo how many have you got for your team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What rules are we implementing?

Offside?

Slide tackles?

In the Astro.ie League, in which the Boards Team plays there is no offside, and no slide tackles allowed.

There IS a backpass rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Des wrote: »
    How did you know?:confused:

Your just that kinda guy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

in the other games we played with slide tackles allowed, backpasses not allowed, no offside rule.

ty Des for agreeing to ref.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I wouldn't mind if we introduced offsides, even if the ref makes mistakes it will be a lot better then having lads blatently standing offside, I'm doubting that either side will be playing an elaborate offside trap.

Also even though slide tackles were allowed, I'd say there was probably less then five slide tackles in the whole game so its not something for those who are afraid of slide tackles to be worried about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement