Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum v Soccer forum Sunday 18th Jan.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

rt, RB?

semibluff wrote: »
    rt, RB?

Yeah RT was a RB last game. Good one too.

nice to see so many defenders - with a good back line we've every chance. Also, means a centre back like me can pose out the pitch a little! lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

semibluff wrote: »
    nice to see so many defenders - with a good back line we've every chance. Also, means a centre back like me can pose out the pitch a little! lol ;)

You're a defender :eek:

been likened to alan kernaghan, think i should be offended although he's a good looking chap. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I would say Im too short to be a centre half Ricky and Im not sure how much of a RB Id make. Only have limited experience there.

Course Ill play where ever. Not exactly fussy.

Is Fran bringing the gear with him again this time? If he is I think we should all throw him a couple of euro for supplying them/cleaning them etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Is Fran bringing the gear with him again this time? If he is I think we should all throw him a couple of euro for supplying them/cleaning them etc.

Nah the team are using them this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Yeah RT was a RB last game. Good one too.

can also play on the wing though I've got used to that RB position with this team now

Nah the team are using them this weekend

We should all agree on a colour to wear so. The soccer forum lads are wearing blue AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

We should all agree on a colour to wear so. The soccer forum lads are wearing blue AFAIK.

Black and red again?

just go with red

Red is fine with me, are we going to be treated to the full Pool kit this time as well Fran?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Is Villa's claret jersey close enough to being red? If not if anyone has one going spare that would be great, (I'll wear a tshirt underneath)

shoutman wrote: »
    Is Villa's claret jersey close enough to being red? If not if anyone has one going spare that would be great, (I'll wear a tshirt underneath)

Ill bring you a red jersey, you mightent like it though...

Just make sure to remind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

For fear this is a united or Liverpool jersey I might just wear a tshirt... ;)

I have a good few Milan jerseys if ya want Luke?

shoutman wrote: »
    For fear this is a united or Liverpool jersey I might just wear a tshirt... ;)

It was gonna be a United one. But, I just remembered my Superleague team plays in red so you can have that one. Nice number 6 on the back, sponsored by Bavaria.

Cant go wrong imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

bohsman (LB,LM,FWD)
    hj (FWD)
    chopper (FWD)
    shoutman (Utility :) DEF,MID)
    rt (RB)
    kayroo (CB)
    robin blinds (What position do you play)
    trippie (MID, ATT)
    jackyback (MID, ATT)
    Theresa (CB, RB, MID)
    careca (CB)
    breifne (Keeper)
    tonc76 (RB, CB)
    kweeveen (LB, LW)
    Semibluff (CM) and capt

Apologies for not posting the team sooner - Daragh or I will let you know how we want the team to play closer to the time. Whoever is not in the starting lineup will play at least the 2nd 3rd of the game - guaranteeing everyone at least 30 minutes.

Could everyone be there by 3:30 (assumning kick off is at 4). If you're not there on time and you're in the starting 11 you will start on the bench. Everyone needs to be on time for a warm up, a team talk and to pay Daragh and I.

With the exception of our keeper and Kweeveen who both Daragh and I rate very highly we've decided to stick to the players who have been with us for the two games in December.

Starting 11 (We're playing 4-4-2)

GK breifne
    LB kweeveen
    RB Roundtower
    CB Careca
    CB kayroo
    LM Tripee
    RM jackyback
    CM Semibluff (capt)
    CM Theresalwaysone
    FWD JBravado
    FWD Chopper

Apart from shoutman is there anyone else who plays in midfield?

Nice one Rick.

Are we beering after this? I asked in the soccer forum too.

• Advertisement

Nice one Rick.

Are we beering after this? I asked in the soccer forum too.

Cheers Ricky.

I second this. Post match beer and banter needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Im trying to defer my flight until Monday so theres a decent chance I can play-will confirm later tonight.

jbravado wrote: »
    Im trying to defer my flight until Monday so theres a decent chance I can play-will confirm later tonight.

Sam being there is massively +EV in three ways:

1) Beer
    2) Football
    3) Goodbye & Good Luck Session

Lol Im going until September and will be back at least once a month! Saying that booze sounds good...

Lol Im going until September and will be back at least once a month! Saying that booze sounds good...

Dublin will be a much healthier place without you. Good Riddance imo.

Defo able to play-Happy Days-few pints after.

Defo able to play-Happy Days-few pints after.

Probably best you take up your usual left mid position from the start then sammy

Trippie wrote: »
    Probably best you take up your usual left mid position from the start then sammy

First off: Nice one Gordo for being so selfless about it. Secondly: I agree.

Trippie wrote: »
    Red is fine with me, are we going to be treated to the full Pool kit this time as well Fran?

why of course considering its the only kit i have:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Apols about the delay lads, won't be around at the weekend but wasn't sure til this evening so held off.

For the record and for future games, middle of the middle is my domain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement